Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.1.6950 Beta 2 is now available for download

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.1.6950 Beta 2 is now available for download and testing.

Setup Details:
In order to install online setups, please ensure you have following entries in Windows hosts (c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) file:

178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com

Comodo Internet Security 2019 64 bit:
http://178.255.86.194/cis/download/installs/7050/web/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 5.44M ( 5711264 )
MD5: 20a85369fbe4e62156fbcad238a36bff
SHA1: 0a2f748ac944f4ee3b75bb7d516c3f7efec60d21

Comodo Firewall Installer:
http://178.255.86.194/cis/download/installs/7050/web/cfw_installer.exe

Size: 5.44M (5711264)
MD5: BE30CB9A81E3BD0C4A2F9C9F20E87C63
SHA1: 0F8F241D3F320391B533818C4C8BACB9F1813AFB

Fixed:
- Defect where HTTPS website filtering no longer works on Chrome 78
- Defect causing Chrome crashes in Containment
- Defect where CIS creates error while unplugging USB

• Fixed:

• Improved folder protection.
    • Moved a number of HTTP website links to HTTPS.
  • Known Issues:

• Please install without CIS already installed. There is a defect when installing over and existing installation.

Please give your valuable feedback! :-TU

Thanks,
Shane

Mod edit: Added firewall only installer download link.

:P0l

Windows 10 x64 1909 18363.535

The problem with the icon in the taskbar has not been fixed. If you disable, for example, a firewall, antivirus or go into silent mode, and then turn it on, the icon does not return to its normal form. It is necessary to reboot the interface.

So it looks on my pc without rebooting the interface:

:-TU

Installed as a notified internal upgrade from 6938 - no problems at all and I can’t replicate the icon issue previously mentioned

Upgraded with internal updater from 6938, runs smoothly.

Which version do you see in the about tab after install. Did you upgrade over install or autoupdate?
Please let us know how you upgrade CIS to new version?

Defect where HTTPS website filtering no longer works on Chrome 78
Chrome 79 is the newest version and now HTTPS filtering again does not work.

You can update to this beta 2 version from beta 1 with the internal program updater without a problem as long as beta server is set for the update server.

Icon issue is caused by having ‘turn traffic animation on’ disable in firewall settings, the invisible icon which was also caused by having traffic animation disabled is fixed though with this build.

What does which version mean? Of course the one that I installed 12.2.1.6950. Setpoint made clean using ciscleanuptool_x64. Often, when loading in place of an icon, an empty place. I wrote about this bug after the release Beta1.For some reason, they ignored it.

As we see it is not fixed

it has been installed from 6938 automatically and it seems fine. Uninstall and reinstall better?

I also have the icon issue on my 8.1 x64.

I disabled the Firewall and re-enabled it, but the icon didn’t return to normal:

Where’s the link to just the firewall?

The icon returns to normal when turned on in the firewall settings “Turn Traffic animation on”, when you turn it off, the problem returns.

That sounds like a huge problem that they didn’t consider. What is a beta tester supposed to do if there’s a major system breakage caused by installing this most recent one over the top of the installation they had, the way you would always do if you installed the new one by doing a “complete” update?

I can’t disable the firewall as in 6882. The message whether for 15 min lights up briefly and disappears again without disabling the fw (windows 1903 Pro 64.bit).

Edit: I restarted the computer - no longer a problem.

Play back his/her backup!?

Has something like this ever happened?

I have updated the post with the firewall installer link.

Did this happen with the computer running for a very long time?

Yes, the same goes for me.

No, it didn’t.

I woke up the PC just some minutes before and it still works, and the icon/symbol changes between ‘x’ and ‘c’.

Edit: It still works - no problem.

6950 is stable on my pc - by now - as 6938 was, too. Many thanks for your (comodo staff) effort, to ‘create’ a stable version! :-TU

It worked, thanks. But then the setting to turn the animation off is useless now until this is fixed. I always disable the animation (even in ZoneAlarm when I used it) to not get distracted by the animation.

Hold your horses cowboy. Not all bugs will get fixed immediately. I you would have checked the change log you would have noticed it was not fixed yet. I was told Comodo is aware of this bug and is working on it.

A beta tester will first check the change log. Second he knows the official CIS clean up tool that can clean up in both Safe Mode and regular Windows mode which will have him back on his feet in no time. Third he always has a recent back up of his configuration present. Fourth, he is fierce and not afraid when unexpected things happen and actually enjoys them because a beta tester is at least a bit of a thrill seeker.

In short. Beta testing is not for the faint hearted and squeamish.