Comodo IceDragon v65.0.2.15 is now available for download

Hello, Nel.B from what can i see it must be smth from the language pack, does it happen only on on Dutch, if u change the website’s language to En, does it still appear? also if ur browser language English by default? if not u can try to put it on english and see if it still happen’s?(see photo attached)

Also i have looked into the FB Solitaire Story, and it work’s ok 3 different machines, i will investigate further. it would help if u can send us a print screen of the error mesage, or where it is stuck,
Thank you,

Hi Eric,

I did run ccleaner several times but that didn’t solve the problem on the DPD Site.

Hi Sergui,

I can’t check anymore, since what I did today, before I noticed your reply, was following:

• Made a back-up of my Firefox and then uninstalled it
  • Did a clean install, latest version
  • Imported all my bookmarks from a backup I had made
  • Compared the options in Firefox with IceDragon and made them the same
  • Then implemented manually all the same add-ons I used on IceDragon (Firefox didn’t import them automatically :'()

So this resulted basically in the fact that my Firefox looked the same as IceDragon.
And DPD Pickup showed up correctly in Firefox and I could play my game.

Then I checked in IceDragon the Facebook game, which worked again 88), so there much be a Facebook glitch, probably since they seem to have done some updates again (profile pictures are square now instead of round, I noticed).
But the DPD Pickup problem was still there.

Then I uninstalled IceDragon completely and did a clean install.
Imported all bookmarks and add-ons from Firefox automatically ;D
Checked all the settings

Problem with DPD Pickup was solved now!
Language is set to English indeed, in both browsers.
I will add Dutch and change it and see what happens, just for the fun :wink:

I added Dutch, using Options > General . Language and made it my default.
Then restarted Icedragron and checked the DPD Site. All looked fine as it should have been.

But then I go to Options > Languages it didn’t show Dutch in the list and via this option it still shows English as default.
Maybe that is how it suppose to be… Anyways, I think due to the clean install the problem got solved ;D

Thanks for your help anyways.

Glad to hear that, have a nice day

Icedragon safe and customization

Hi There,

I am curious when there will be a new update from CID.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully, soon.

Hello, for the moment i cannot give you a specific date, we will let you know when we have a official date, thank you!

I need a comodo icedragon pendrive. I want a profile directory in the icedragon folder. In the profile folder appdata and local appdata settings.
I travel and use a mypal modification with github on a pendrive. I want to have my browser with settings, tabs and login.
I need a secure comedo icedragon to protect my bank account.
Is this feasible?

kitaro

Hello kitaro. From what I understand, you need the browser to be portable and to move it to a pendrive so you can use it while travelling. In this case, you can install the IceDragon in portable mode. This way, you can move the browser to any machine, without loosing any data, just like a normal folder. To do that, open the setup and, agree the licence agreement and after that, check the “Portable version (user profile is stored in destination folder)” and select the location where you want to install it. If you want to move it to a pendrive, just copy/paste the IceDragon folder to the pendrive.

Hope this helped you.

It’s not a problem to copy a portable icedragon to a pendrive. The problem is with the location of the profile and the location of the cache / cache2 subfolder on the flash drive. I can download directly from another browser on a pendrive. I can’t change the location of the icedragon profile. There are no such settings.

kitaro

There is no such setting indeed. The profile is saved in the user data. There are no other subfolders.

:THNK Is there going to be a new version of Ice Dragon soon ?

Slimbrowser for firefox 72.0. Comodo icedragon displays netflix, but the movies don’t work.
It is pain. Comodo icedragon + firefox 72.0.1.
I want quick CIS and netflix movies.

Please update CID.

Wasn’t the last update June or something? How many updates has FF made since then to patch a critical vulnerability? CID doesn’t seem a priority at all. I’ve used it along time but feel there should be more prompt updates or you will begin to lose your small but loyal fan base. Even Waterfox, with one guy, tries to put out updates in a timely manner. Dragon seems to be something you are much more interested in even trying to install it with Comodo Internet Security Premium. So if you are no longer interested just stop Ice Dragon altogether. But waiting and waiting, either do it right or not at all. Why is it so hard?

The main mistake is in the CID assumption. It’s based on old browsers, and should be based on the new version of Firefox. The validity of CID will increase to a few months when it stops supporting changes in Internet security and multimedia changes.
That’s what flashpeak does. SlimBrowser is based on Firefox 72.0 and has a unique download. Meets protection standards. Comodo IceDragon has a unique speed. I want it, but it’s built on an old bicycle. It hurts.

Hello, we are aware of the issues regarding Comodo Ice Dragon and we monitor the forums, we will inform you here when we will have further information regarding CID, thank you for the patience!

Given my questions and statement I was hoping for a little more than that reference a reply from someone listed as Comodo Staff. While I realize forums are not a priority if they don’t listen to those that use their products they will find people move on. There is really no excuse for this. So I say again either make a commitment to keeping CID up to date or stop it altogether. I have to assume they just don’t care. Anyway thanks for the brief reply asking for more patience.

sites notify that they may soon not support icedragon :-\