Comodo Firewall Version 2.4.5.111 BETA Released

Never had to use this feature myself :). Saying that, it should still be included (you never know).

:slight_smile:

The icon looks a little squashed to me :D. I’d like to see a big shield like CAVS but without the crab ;D.

tested the new bytes sent/received tabs with a 5,6 mb download using Free Download Manager (thru Flashgot in Firefox 2), and cfp gave me a file transfer of about 30 000 kb… :THNK

one last thing: while the recorded times appear correctly in the activity log tabs, they don’t anymore after a reboot; the same events are still there but times have changed to about 2 hours ealier. I have not tried to reproduce this behaviour yet, might do it later and send screenshots if necessary…

one of these days I might find out that a trojan on my system attempted to launch a google search
in 1936…with access denied! (V) (just a joke)

apache

i used firefox 2.0 and free download manager aswell when i download the latest version of spyware terminator about 2.6megs CPF told me i had downloaded about 30kbytes haha yeah …i am using a dial up modem maybe that has something to do with CPF miscounting the bytes but in the last version CPF counted correctly

Couple of bugs :).

1. mstsc.exe appears twice with exactly the same details for both.
  2. “Next” link appears within the application monitor window.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I don’t have a “next” button…

Found some more :slight_smile:

1. tasks: grammatical error “een zone waartoe toegang kan verleend of geweigerd worden door” should be “een zone waartoe toegang kan worden verleend of geweigerd door”

2. in a popup: “is geladen dinput.dll in firefox.exe” should be “heeft dinput.dll geladen in firefox.exe”

3. application control: “in/uit” should be with capitals like the rest “In/Uit”

application control rule:
13. There’s missing something after “Sla”. “Specifieer” should be “Specificeer” again.

1. “Exclusief (b.v. NIET keuze hieronder)” is wrongly translated. I think it should be more like “Uitgezonderd (dus NIET keuze hieronder)” (In fact “Exclusief” could be used, but it is ambiguous)

2. There’s something missing after “Sla geavanceerde”. And I don’t like the use of the word “Varia”, I think “Overig” (meaning Other) is better. “Varia” is also used elsewhere in CPF.

Expert-aanvalsdetectie:
16. What is “Trafiekgraad”? “Trafiek” sounds Flemish to me, but in holland we use the word “Verkeer”. And “graad”… hmm I can see the space is short, but there must be something more understable for the average dutch user. Unfortenately I don’t remember what the English word is, but it is a frequency so maybe “Verkeersfreq.” is an option (and “Scanfreq.” for “Scangraad”) or just “Frequentie”.

1. “blokkeren” should be “geblokkeerd worden” I think

2. Expert/Varia: “Verschillende” (on top) is incomplete. Don’t know what the translator intended but it’s probably something like “Varia”. (see also point 6 in this post)
    “COMODO-gecertifieerde” should be “COMODO-gecertificeerde”
    “TCP-verbinging” should be “TCP-verbinding”
    “enkel een alarm” is unclear, better is “slechts één alarm”
    “updates van programma’s” can be “programma updates” as CPF is one program (programma)
    “gecertifieede toepassingen” should be “gecertificeerde toepassingen”

Alright, that’s it for now, i’m going to sleep. I understand that some of my points are a matter of taste, but I don’t know if or where to discuss that. I have only mentioned the issues that really annoy me.
After all these negative comments :slight_smile: I’d like to say thanks to the translator(s) that did this great job, well done! (:CLP)

Goodnight,
George

Ok, one more

1. “Om te parameters” should be “Om de parameters”. Above that the bottom of the letters p en g are cut off.

George

This new beta doesn’t appear to be a big deal. Does anyone have a ball park idea when it will be finalized and ready for release? (:NRD)

yeah I’m wondering since yesterday what people are talking about cause I don’t have a “next” button either (lol).

I thought it could be a font size problem, cause sometimes ui get corrupted when font size is is not set to normal, but I switched back and forth from normal to big fonts on my desktop and nope, no next button… :THNK

26 december, according to the first post in this thread :slight_smile:

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4489.msg33384.html#msg33384

hello Comodo Firewall Pro need 2.4.5.111 Beta en french and link thakns very much

I haven’t yet downloaded this new release, only the help file. But far as i see, maybe i should be carefull and stay at 107 :D.

This bug exists at the previous beta, too. I wonder if this bug only exists for users who have upgraded from previous cpf versions (so i’m not quite sure you’ll see this type on a clear computer). There was oly 1 time when i haven’t restarted the computer (but there was that one) before started the cpf, so maybe it’s up to that. Now, the second thought is to remove all cpf things, REBOOT, then reinstall and see if the problem exists.

Duplicate rules also existed in previous stable builds too :(. Beta’s require you to install from scratch (and I check the registry, file locations also) but I have also installed on a clean system with this same problem.

Not sure what causes this problem ???. Has only occured a few times so it’s not a nuisance :). Closing CFP and re-loading solved the problem.

Edit: A similar problem like this occured in skpf4. I think it was because the Kerio guy’s were trying to reduce the amount of memory used (although I would expect this to occur for everyone at some point in time).

Wait, i think i got it. It’s not a real bug. It’s up to how many instance were running, fe. from AMD videocard’s got more CLI and so it’ll create more rules.

je sais pas si tu as deja eu une reponse mais te fais pas de soucis, tout arrive et je pense qu’une version francaise arrivera bientot; ils ont l’air assez rapide sur le developpement des autres langues.Il faut que tu verifies tous les jours l’evolution des betas.

apache