Comodo Firewall Version 2.4.5.111 BETA Released

Hi all :slight_smile:

I agree,

My suggestion to CPF tray icon is :-

1- The shield is remain the same as usual with no traffic activity.

2- When traffic is active shield is remain the same but will be transparent, like almost visible (Hope you understand me), And the traffic gage for outgoing is green in last right side follow shield edge icon coming from down to up according to bandwidth if low little green gage will appear not reaching far up.

3- In incoming traffic will be same except gage coming from up to down.

4- Like I said when traffic is active almost visible and the gages is very clear.

It’s just suggestions or idea from it. ::slight_smile:

It’s look like this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

just wanted to confirm this. Also I don’t quite undertand why sometimes some lines disappear from the log: I mean not the oldest lines. This seems to happen randomly, For instance I noticed this morning that there was an application access denied in the log, Can’t see it anymore, although older lines from the log are still there.

It’s the same for me…

Be glad that you have anything… :wink:
My log is empty…?

I also want to add, that I had IGMP from my router blocked by rule ID5, but that is a allow rule… that was last night. Now, I just saw that connection and it went through without log as it should.

hi!

sorry but (:LGH)…I was complaining about a minor issue, but yours seems really worse. Yesterday, after I installed the new beta I had to reboot twice before anything appeared under connections (activity). Since then, cpf works for me better than ever before.

I have to admit that i installed it at least two times in a row without restating, because i was making screenshots of the install process… ;D

so you’re probably gonna have cpf logging normaly again after a reboot.

Nice work with this version. When do you think the final or should I ask when will this be released for production and not in a BETA version?

Just wondering, why is the Activity->Connections part different from previous builds? For example, svchost.exe is not showing at all, and FlashGet is having ~15 connections at a time…

And you could close any connection from Activity->Connections in previous builds…

I think it will be released as a stable version the 26th December.

oh god I had not noticed at all! How come that this really important feature disappeared? I’m talking about the close connection buttons that use to be in front of each entry. Please put it back in your next
beta release, or in the final release of 2.4. (:AGY) lol. No seriously why is that gone? (:SAD)

just wanted to add: the fact is that you can’t resize cpf windows when it’s not maximized. And bytes sent/received was added in this release. So was it just a matter of space that made you decide to get rid of the “close buttons” ?

When I set CFP to “allow all” state I don’t get warning. It can be a security hole for the novice :wink:

although I allow it again and again, I’ve got this alert coming back everytime I start IE7.

ups, I started IE7 again just now and the alert did not come.Good.

I agree. It should come up a sign that say “are you really sure that you want to allow all?”.
Also when you have it on allow all when rebooting, there should be a “reminder” that you have it on allow all.

Now. there is only the red, green and yellow dot on the icon. That is good though, but there should be some more.

Hi, here are some translation issues for the Dutch version:

1. “ACITIVEIT” should be “ACTIVITEIT”

2. In tasks the last word of most headings is cut off. It needs more space or shorter descriptions.

3. “gedragsnalayse” should be “gedragsanalyse” as above

4. In the popups some words are not entirely visible (more space?). The “-” before “toepassing” doesn’t need to be there. There is no space before “Een nieuwe oudertoepassing” (beginning of new sentence). Between “werd ontdekt voor” and “firefox.exe” should be an extra space.

5. “actie” should be “actief”

6. misses a “)” at the end

7. “AND” is not translated (should be “EN”)

8. “Specifieer” should be “Specificeer”

9. I like consistency, so I like “Toevoegen” to be “Voeg Toe” just like “Bewerk”, “Verwijder”, “Annuleer” etc. It’s also 1 character shorter.

This is what i have found until now. If i find more i’ll post it.

I too would like to see an option to turn the animated icon off.

What about installation, is this still only in English?

For the rest I do like the translated firewall very much,
George

I think it would be a good idea to change the colour of the comodo shield when changing security level. Say, a yellow outline when in custom (keeping the default blue shield within), green for allow all and red for block all (of course, using different shades as in default shield). This would make indicating the current security level very easy.

:slight_smile:

Edit: I also think it would be usefull to have some kind on indication of traffic load (be it inbound or outbound, a bit like skpf4). Having this indicator on the shield itself would look nicer graphically.

Here, sports1515, go to this link and check out the two firewall tests Melih has posted links to…

That should help you make your decision… between a costly stable ZA Pro and a free CPF Pro… ;D

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4232.0.html

LM

Note: The Coat test issue in Matousec’s is already resolved…

don’t mean to be heavy on the subject, but nobody seems to worry about the disappearance of the close buttons in the connection tabs… :THNK

I have found a couple of odd bugs in this release

BUGS

1. at times comodo will ask me about components and i will allow the components however comodo will keep asking me about them even if i click remember the only way to get it to stop asking me is to exit out of the program

2. it seems comodo is having a hard time remember application paths such as when SpyWareTerminator connects to the web comodo alerts me to it and i create a rule to always allow now if i open up comodo application rules it will show Spywareterminator however next time i go to start SwT…comodo will ask me about its connection and if i go into its allow list the slot where SwT was a minute ago it is now blank

3. COMODO can not count correctly anymore lol when looking at the Kbytes in and out there always WRONG i can download a 5meg file and COMODO will say i have downloaded 50KBs lol

MISSING
i enjoyed being able to close the connections as i pleased now that feature is gone WHERE did it go?

LOOKS
I HATE the little dots on the shield it makes it look weak lol and the animation while it is nice it doesn’t show when it blocks something incoming/outgoing so it is a little pointless

Recommendation
what would be nice if insted of the icon showing connection charges having a like transparent small box you could move around on the screen that would show blocks/allows/Kbytes in/out and so on and beable to switch between the shield showing the connection and the small box