Comodo Firewall systray icon invisible [M2419]

guys. this latest release is running great on my windows 10 2004 pro x64 updated… but… is that any plan to fix the ninja-icon thing? this is annoying… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi victorlopes,

Do you mean invisible tray icon? This problem is resolved. You can see the fix in next release.

Would you be able to give an insight as to when the next release will be available for testing?

well, how can i get the next release then? the problem is not solved and im running this latest release v12.2.2.7036

Hi futuretech,

Unfortunately, we couldn’t confirm the release date, but we’ll release it as early as possible.

Ive noticed on my computer that CIS tray icon mostly is missing if my computer have been turned off by several days, if i logout or restart usually there again, it’s just annoying to do that every time.

also my cis tray icon isn´t invisible, it’s not there at all.

Is there a file in the cis folder or something i can click, to make it appear, so i don’t have to logout and and back in.

When your CIS tray icon is not there at all, does the CIS icon then also not appear as “COMODO Internet Security” listed in “Turn system icons on or off” dialog or listed in “Classic Notification Area Icons” dialog where you can switch the icon on or off?
See below link, scroll down to item “4. On the next page, enable or …”

It is listed in the “turn system icons on or off” i don’t know about the other one, as the cis icon is in the tray atm…

but i tried to go to the Classic Notification Area Icons and turn off cis from the notification area, and when i turned it back on, the cis tray icon was still missing, it came back when i logged out and in again, as with the other times the cis tray icon is gone.

Seemingly stopping CIS (log out) and restarting it (log in) brings back the CIS tray icon.

On my system when I right click on the CIS tray icon and choose Exit from the context menu to stop CIS running the CIS tray icon is removed from the tray. Now, when I re-start CIS manually from “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cis.exe” the CIS tray icon appears again, all well.

Since your CIS tray icon is not there at all and therefore you might not be able to choose Exit from context menu to stop CIS running you could just try to start CIS once more from the above mentioned location and see if that brings back the CIS tray icon (maybe you have already tried this before).

I can “re-start” CIS from the mentioned location many times when the CIS tray icon is already there, CIS isn’t actually re-started it just opens up the normal CIS window but it might restore the CIS tray icon visibility as well.

it just opens the cis interface, doesn’t make the tray icon appear.

It was worth the try, didn’t work unfortunately.
Maybe when starting cis.exe manually it needs the same command line parameters as used at PC startup (as listed in the Run registry key) for the icon to show up but that is just another wild guess.

Is it still valid that the icon is mostly missing every time after you’ve turned off your PC for several days?
How about when you switch off your PC in the same manner as you do for several days but now for let’s say only 5 minutes, is the icon then also mostly missing after PC startup? Are the days of importance or just the fact switching the PC off and back on again?

I have the same problem.
Icon is not there after switching on for the first time. No matter if the PC was off for a day or two. After a restart everything is ok.

Win10pro_x64

here systray icon invisible only if restart process explorer (explorer. exe)

Thank you for confirming.
Let’s see if Lasse88 can confirm the same.

Hi Liosant,

When I restart exeplorer.exe on my system then there are a lot more icons in the tray missing, not only the CIS icon. For the CIS tray icon (or the other missing tray icons) to appear again the Run registry key (or other keys as well) have be processed which doesn’t seem to happen when exeplorer.exe is being restarted.

After exeplorer.exe restart I tried to execute cis.exe with the same command line parameters as in the Run registry key but unfortunately the CIS tray icon did not reappear.

Anyhow, after PC reboot everything is back to normal, for me that is.

if i restart explorer.exe i have missing tray icons too.

NINJA TRAY ICON… :slight_smile:
ok.
A special request has been made to the developers on it.

On my system on both Windows 10 installations (1809 and 2004) the icon returns when I close CIS from the tray and open it again. I have also witnessed Anydesk having an invisible tray icon.

The problem is fixed and the fix should appear in the next release (which release date still is shrouded in mystery).

I can see the smoke curtain. :slight_smile:

I lost the tray notification icon for Comodo today. I can see the Comodo task running and Windows tells me that the application is active but the icon has disappeared!

Also, why does the 7036 tray icon (Win10) show an orange triangle with an exclamation point? That usually means something is not working right but I don’t see anything when looking through the Comodo UI.