Comodo Firewall systray icon invisible [M2419]

This problem did it to me too when I tried this version.
With the 6882 version, if the HIPS is activated, the “C” icon creates “flicker” when you open some application …
Comodo looks like it can’t fix this bug even if it releases new versions …

The bug is more likely not high on the priority list rather then Comodo not being able to fix.

I think it is the basis for a correct functioning of an application. :slight_smile:
However we listen to any feedback from the developers. :wink:

A suggestion all these people that have this weird bug with the CIS icon, probably it will be related with the Video Driver that you have or some option with the display adapter.

In your case I will update to the last driver and after it play with the advanced options for the display adapter regarding to the video adapter performance.

In my case I have a Integrated Intel Video Adapter and never I have this bug in all Windows 10 versions from 1703 to 1909 with all CIS version 10,11 or 12.

Regarding the invisible tray icon, there might be a relationship with the video driver however. . .
I’m using Integrated Intel Video Adapter as well and I too experience the invisible tray icon as I did report in post “Reply #10” in below bug.

Anyhow, the CIS devs are looking in to it and the bug is tagged with [M2419] meaning it is on their priority list to fix it for everyone regardless which video adapter is being used.

Comodo Firewall systray icon invisible [M2419]

Hello all,

As per our CIS Team, Invisible icon issue has been fixed and it will be reflected in the upcoming release.
Have a nice day.

:-TU What was causing the bug? Could you give a brief description?

Really? A bug that makes their running app invisible, and prevents us from either seeing its status (via context menu) or opening its GUI? Seems like a pretty high priority to me!

The system-tray icon worked fine for me till yesterday, when I installed the Windows 10 v.2004 update. As soon as I selected Windows’s Dark theme (the update had reset it to the standard Light theme), my Comodo icon became invisible. It was still clickable and usable; the graphic just didn’t appear.

Today, I restarted my system and the icon didn’t appear at all. I can see in Task Manager that CIS is running; and if I double-click its Start Menu shortcut, the GUI appears.

Returning to Windows’s Light mode doesn’t help, nor does restarting my system.

I have not changed my CIS version. In my case, at least, the icon issue is apparently related to the Win 10 v.2004 update. Just thought I’d mention that, in case it meant anything!

This problem came to me with the 19h2 update and has not yet been fixed, sometimes I see the comodo icon, but usually this is an empty place.

Hello user0192,

The system tray icon issue is fixed and it will be reflected in the upcoming release.
Have a nice day!

Does this include the bug with the tray icon not appearing at all??

Hello Lasse88, It will appears in the upcoming release.

hello!
I just installed CIS on Win10, but in the Systemtray (^) there’s just Windows Security No Action Needed, and Nvidia Settings.
CIS is running for a few hours already, trying to set it up to my needs.
Where/How can I get the practical System Tray Icon where you have access to turn on/off parts of CIS quickly?
Thanks
(pic attached if needed, lol)

The invisible CIS tray icon is a known issue. On some Windows 10 platforms it shows up and then after some reboots it stays invisible.
There should be an empty icon placeholder in the tray in which the icon would normally appear, if you right click on that empty placeholder you should be able to access the normal CIS context menu.

The issue is reported fixed for the next CIS release.

Please read the following link about the reported bug, you will find there all info about this issue.

thanks, but it’s not just invisible, it’s not there. see new screenshot
the only 4 icons visible are: windows security, Nvidia, Veracrypt, Safely remove hardware

I have Win10 update 2004 installed yesterday.

I’ll read that link you posted meanwhile.
thank you

It is there you need to enable traffic animation in firewall settings to keep the icon visible or do a clean install.

Is on and was on . never touched that setting.
This is brand new Win10 upd2004 install with brand new CIS install.
I’ll try another reboot, although i doubt it will fix it.

Could you check if “COMODO Internet Security” is listed in “Turn system icons on or off”.
See below link, scroll down to item “4. On the next page, enable or …”
Is CIS listed there on your system?

well, after looking into that menu, I guess I didn’t make a reboot after all, cause a reboot fixed it and Icon now visible in tray.
Thank you for your help, and sorry for wasting your time. :slight_smile:
Also I turned it ON, cause Nvidia Icon disappeared now, looks like without turning on stuff that you need Windows only shows 6 icons max.

You’re welcome!
Glad that the icon finally showed up for you.
Keep in mind that it may disappear again after some reboots because of the current issue.