Comodo Firewall systray icon invisible [M2419]

It’s a known issue. The icon has not disappeared; it is invisible. When you right click on the space where the icon is you will get the right click menu.

My trick to get the icon back is to close CIS from the tray using the right mouse click and then opening it again. For others disabling/enabling the traffic animation does the trick.

Comodo has fixed the bug and we’re still waiting for a new release.

Also, why does the 7036 tray icon (Win10) show an orange triangle with an exclamation point? That usually means something is not working right but I don't see anything when looking through the Comodo UI.
Are you sure that it is the CIS icon? Can you check by performing a right mouse click on the icon? Please also run CIS Diagnostics to see if there is an issue with the installation of CIS.

The icon wasn’t gone while leaving a space open in the notification tray, it was totally gone. No space.

As for the exclamation icon, that was also definitely there as the Comodo icon. However, I applied system updates Sunday and rebooted the system. After the reboot, the standard icon was there. So good for now. Thanks.

There are more users reporting exactly the same, no icon, no space, nothing to right click on no chance to exit CIS and restart it to try to get the icon back.
Anyway, the CIS icon issue is fixed in the next release, hope this is fixed too.

how do i close CIS from the tray when there is no CIS icon at all? the cis tray icon it’s not invisible so there is not a blank space i can click, it’s completely gone.

Right clicking on the desktop Widget has the same options and effect, until it’s fixed permanently

I found that when explorer crashes and is started again the CIS icon will no longer show. I clicked right on the widget and it showed the right click menu. I then exited CIS and started it. That brought back the icon. Otherwise a reboot will also do the trick.

I confirm that too.

Also when closing down Explorer and starting it again the CIS icon will not show. Closing CIS from the widget and starting it again brings back the icon.

Yep, indeed.

i will try that next time, definitely a better solution then having to logout/login.

edit: it worked, thank you :slight_smile:

i dont know where to post it as it can be considered spam, but MAAAAAANNN that ninja tray icon drives me crazy some times… I forget it is there but as a nibja and sometimes go for processes management to see if cis is running, than i remember its there, just hidden as a ninja :slight_smile: sometimes it makes me crazy, but sometimes it put a smile on my face, i dont know why… :stuck_out_tongue:

i guess ill never forget this time when cis had an ninja tray icon that make fun of us :slight_smile:

sorry my english. im not beeing sarcastic. im really having fun with the thing with the icon :slight_smile:

I do like the ninja icon image. I had never thought of it like that.

I can already picture it…
Someone starts complaining when the ninja icon is fixed. :slight_smile: :wink:

Is there a way to add the “widget” to the quick start/menu from within CIS, so i don’t need to go all the way into advanced settings when the cis tray icon is gone? =)

CIS (Premium free) version 12.2.2.7036

Installed components:
Antivirus
Firewall
Auto-Containment
HIPS
VirusScope
Website Filtering

I can confirm the issue of the CIS tray icon not being there at all… Not just invisible, but completely gone.

In my case, it seems to happen randomly after I resume from sleep/suspend, and any time the Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) process is restarted.

The CIS icon is set to be visible in Windows settings, and firewall animations are enabled in CIS firewall settings.

CIS protection popups (AV alerts, Firewall alerts, trustConnect alerts, etc) all still show up, and CIS otherwise works as intended.

To get the icon back, without restarting Windows, I’ve had to do the following:

1. Open CIS from the start menu
  2. Open CIS Settings > General Settings > User Interface
  3. Turn on the desktop widget, and click ok
  4. Right-click desktop widget > exit (and confirm on the popup to exit)
  5. Open CIS from the start menu, then use step 2-3 to turn off the widget again, since I don’t use it.

I rely on the icon to tell me about any issues, enable/disable components on the fly, and see traffic (traffic animations turned on)

I hope this particular issue is resolved quickly

Supposedly this is fixed in the next release due soon

One can hope, but from the replies I saw along that lines, looks like the fixed problem was for the invisible icon that is still there. Still… I do hope you’re correct.

So do I . . . I’ve never come across it yet and I do have the Widget, but it’s obviously a major pain for those who don’t

Hi, reporting a glitch/bug that is driving me crazy: the Comodo taskbar icon is always invisible on Win10 (re)start. I have now properly reinstalled 12.2.27036, problem persists.

I am running two machines, both Win10 (2004 / 19041.508), then Comodo CIS 12.0.0.6818 on a PC, and Comodo CIS 12.2.27036 on a laptop (MS Surface Book 2). (Both CIS’s seem to be updated to the latest version, why the PC version doesn’t go to 12.2 is beyond me, but probably not the point right now). I have never seen this bug on my PC, but has been an issue on my laptop ever since I got it a good year ago. The icon keeps going invisible, sometimes showed on previous versions, now fully invisible all the time.
Exiting Comodo and running it again will return the icon. So will enabling the traffic animation option under settings. But restarting will always result in the icon being invisible.

I have tried everything I can think of (from going through ALL Win taskbar settings, via reinstalling Comodo, to going through Comodo settings), any new ideas on what could be causing this on a laptop alone would be appreciated.

(Attached is mouse hover taskbar invisible icon)

It is a known and reported issue, which will hopefully be fixed in the next update, which we’ve been told is due soon