Comodo Firewall Pro 3 Beta Release Date [Thread Closed]

:BNC I’m slobbering over the new release. I best be careful of my keyboard, eh? :BNC

Here’s something to play with while passing the time:
http://www.appscout.com/images/comodo_komodo.png

I certainly hope so, we’re off to the Gold Coast Queensland on the 7th. A couple of days in Singapore will do nicely en route.

I could have done with the Vista firewall for the laptop en route to Aus, my main PC will be in a container for a couple of months.

:frowning:

Beautiful part of the country. when you’re settled, go a little further north and have a look at the Sunshine Coast. It’s a bit more relaxed than the Gold Coast (which can get a little too “touristy” at times). If you do go north, try and get out to Eumundi and have a look at their markets - very eclectic and absolutely unique!

I don’t know where you’re coming from, but a word to the wise - get used to Aussie slang - we’re not real big on formal English down here. :wink:

Hope the move goes well and you come to realise what we already know. :wink:

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Ya and evey on the way…try saying “mate” the “aussie” way…Since i think that’s one of the most used words by aussies if not “the most”… he he…

And about the slang my god…that’s one of a kind… :smiley:

(L) Add mee too…

Regards,
Gibran

hI NEWBIE here i like your firewall but no vista support look forward to testing this beta version after all vista is still buggy till a sevice pack comes out (B)

Thats great news Sir, hope CoMoDo Firewall v3 Beta doesn’t house major Bugs in it…

Thanks for saving our Lives wid CoMoDo!!

I have one request, please don’t turn comodo into another zonealarm (malware protection slowing down PC to a halt) or increase memory usage significantly.

Thanks a lot for a great firewall. (:CLP)

I personally prefer an English version but whatever takes your fancy.

Yes, so point in rushing them - let’s get a polished version.

P.

Looking forward to this… recently installed Vista Ultimate x64… so far no problems and it runs like a dream. Tried Vista Firewall Control and OMG, it sucks…

I’d like to beta test Comodo 3.0 also. Thanks.

Guys!

The big day is getting closer! I hope comodo will not be categorized with the 80% of the projects which overrun the planned time! (:TNG) So it’s still 16th April , right? Let’s hope so! cuz I’m done wiht the waiting game (:AGY)

:wink:

regards,
Dam

If the release date has to slip, then it will be for a good reason. April 16th was announced as the release date ages ago, and any number of things could have an impact on whether it meets the release date.

Slippage is almost inevitable in software development, particularly on complex software like firewalls and even more particularly on a platform like Windows.

Regardless of when it sees light of day, we should remember that it will be a beta release. It is not a “gold” or RTM release. There will probably be bugs, wrinkles, glitches - call them what you will. My concern is that some people are viewing the impending release of V3 with the same fervour and zeal as those who anticipate the second coming.

Please don’t expect this to be perfect, because it won’t be.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Good point Ewen, most, if not all of us had problems with the previous beta’s, thats the point of them, to find the bugs and report back. As with any beta, there is always a real risk of loosing some data, or the whole OS all together.

Maybe you should put this in wishlist: put a warning disclaimer at installation time

. That way, users will have little to no reason to complain.

Ha! I had to smile when I read this. Do you really think a disclaimer would prevent users from complaining? (:KWL)

That’s why it posted little to no reason about the big problems like crashing their OS. True beta testers are prepared to take the plunge (backups, etc.). Of course that won’t stop complaints in general, but you get the idea.

I’ve been using Comodo Firewall Pro for the past few months, and it is a kick-■■■ firewall. ZA is history, as far as I’m concerned. And please take this as a compliment: I will NOT upgrade to Vista until Comodo has v3 up and running. (V)

Vista can wait, but I can hardly wait for Comodo Firewall Pro v3! (:NRD)