COMODO Firewall 3.0.18.309 has been released !!!

Panic, thanks for the good advice!
I put my keyboard (why do keyboards attract so much, “gunk”?) in the dishwasher a few months ago, let it “air out” for a week or so, plugged it back in, and now it is working fine!
Sprayed some degreaser on the fan of my ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro, then applied a little hand soap, flushed that sucker with hot water, let it rest for a week, and now I am back in action!
I will try your recommendation next time; the ziploc bag, noting condensation method for a faster recovery next time.
Washing my keyboard was one thing, but washing my video card?
Well it just goes to show, if you take the proper precautions, such as not touching any of the chips, contacts, etc, letting it dry, you just may be able to “resurrect” that “dead” machine.
As an aside, I know people who “junk” their machine and buy another one, just because the system doesn’t work right anymore.
Really, some of us don’t even have to worry about a reformat and reload; six months in, ditch it and get another!

IAC, thanks for the advice.

Peace.

Well I guess the first step for you is learning the difference between the size of the install file and amount of system resources that are used when it’s running. Since they’re entirely different things that aren’t related to each other at all, it shouldn’t be hard to distinguish them. Ask yourself, if the running program only requires 6Mb, why is the compressed install file many times that size? Cause the install file is filled with junk that I neither want nor need!

When you have to port things around to install on various computers or send them over the network, smaller is better. Period.

As has been wisely stated earlier, I want my firewall to be a firewall. I didn’t install a firewall to do an antivirus scan, a spyware scan, edit my photos, or fill out my taxes. Bloat destroys every good product in the end and this one is fast on its way. If you love it, great; I don’t. I’m returning to 2.4 which actually did what it what a firewall is supposed to do. I will return to future versions when Comodo realizes that I want function not junk and releases a “Comodo Basic Firewall” product that includes a firewall… and only a firewall.

ilikecomo wrote:

As has been wisely stated earlier, I want my firewall to be a firewall. I didn't install a firewall to do an antivirus scan, a spyware scan, edit my photos, or fill out my taxes. Bloat destroys every good product in the end and this one is fast on its way. If you love it, great; I don't. I'm returning to 2.4 which actually did what it what a firewall is supposed to do. I will return to future versions when Comodo realizes that I want function not junk and releases a "Comodo Basic Firewall" product that includes a firewall... and only a firewall.

I completely concur, and will revert to 2.4 when I can get hands on it.

JimmyM,

v2.4 is available on the Comodo website, the firewall page. You can find it toward the bottom of the page here:

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html#fw2.4

Hope that helps,

LM

Thank you, Little Mac, I have d’ld & installed it.
Unfortunately, the little bastard is interfering with just about every startup & keystroke I initiate (:SAD).
Hopefully, it’s learning something, just like I am (:SAD), just in time for me to replace my sad old IDE for a SATA, and reinstall the whole schmear all over again. Sheesh (:NRD)

JimmyM,

You might find it helpful with 2.4, to follow the tutorial on “set & forget” found in this thread:

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6167.0.html

Each item in red text in the first post is a link to that topical post in the thread. Each topic title is a link back to the original post from which it came (next to the author’s name), where you can ask questions about it.

LM

As I’m still on v2.4 but considering moving to v3, is there any news of when the next update will be, please?
It’s been quite a while since this release and I don’t want to install it only to have an update soon afterwards.

I think the next update will be at the end of this month :SMLR and I think it will be a serious one, maybe even with ThreatCast Beta or CMF or a big CAVS update or maybe all of this stuff (:LGH) Anyway - waiting for it. And waiting for some skins also (:TNG)

HTH (:WIN)

Thanks, Little Mac, I’ll have a look
Jimmy

Thanks Commodus - I’ll wait 'til then.

Excuse my ignorance boys but what is a threatCast Beta and a CMF?
Thanks
Best Regards

ThreatCast according to Mr.Melih will be a revoliution. For example - you downloaded some program, but you don’t know what’s it for real - ThreatCast will show statistics on how many people allowed the program to run and how many denied it. Did I got it right Melih ? (:SHY) TreatCast may (will) have more features aswell. CMF stands for COMODO Memory Firewall and can be downloaded from Comodo site. CMF protects you against Buffer Overlfows - a common way of crashing and infecting your PC :slight_smile: Hope this helped :wink:

Thanks.
Sounds like it’s worth waiting for.

Oh yeah ! And once everything’s polished and made bug-free it will kick-■■■ like it never been kicked before ;D

Commodus.
I have a love/hate feeling as regards Comodo.
I know it is the best security program out there and for that i love it.
When i don’t understand,i hate it and try something else but i always come back.
Just recently i have begun to understand much better so i think i am back permantly.
Hence all the questions.
Thanks again for your help
Philip

Never apologise for asking questions. The only truly dumb question is the one that doesn’t asked.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks Panic.
Your comments are noted

Hope they release much faster (in days) one that fixes the chkdsk bug making the windows unbootable since i had to unninstall Comodo because of it! (:NRD)

Indeed!!!..

I suspect that it is possible to fix the problem with chkdsk.exe by editing the protected registry entries. I don’t quite know if that would work and it should be built into the program so that anyone can run chkdsk without having to tinker with CFP.