COMODO Firewall 3.0.18.309 has been released !!!

Do I smell BLOATWARE or will these additional features (ThreatCast/CMF/CAVS/etc.)
be optional (i.e. will I be able to deselect them when installing the firewall ?)

It would be sad to see a nice firewall as comodo go down the bloatway trail
(a path that sadly has been taken by countless once-great applications before).

I don’t understand what stuff you people consider as bloatware ??? If the application is light and makes your life easier - why not to take it ?
And yes - later on - you will have an opportunity to only select your desirable add-ons. (:TNG)

Comodo have previously stated that, while they may add functionality into their applicatons (for example, adding a virus scanner into the firewall), this added functionality will be user selectable.

It will also be available separately, in thie case where people want the AV but don’t want the firewall (or vice versa). Also, if they install the separate firewall and the separate AV, while they are discrete products, there can be a degree of co-operation between the two appliocations to increase efficiency.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Topic is closed due to new version.

New topic: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/comodo_firewall_3019318_has_been_released-t20794.0.html