Comodo Dragon ver 33.1 is now available for download

If they can’t resolve the problem with Flash or maybe more importantly with their own offering called PrivDog, problems being caused by Google, then maybe it’s time to move on.

Hi Dch48,
Comodo does have an interest in the ‘Flash’ issue, that is why they have posted a relatively easy workaround until a solution is found.

Any issues you are having with PrivDog, please post a report in the link below so they can be seen to and fixed.
Bug Reports - PrivDog

Thanks.

I’m glad you said “If”. :wink:

Switching from NPAPI to PPAPI is not a problem but a solution to a problem. Of course there are some practical details for Comodo to work on to get Flash in Dragon working smoothly for users. Some work has been done (Dragon automatically finds Chrome’s PepperFlash, if it’s installed), some remains (to make Dragon find PepperFlash distributed by Adobe, or even get PepperFlash bundled). I’m keeping an eye on Opera, which is in the same situation as Dragon; Opera is working with Adobe, but I don’t know if Comodo currently is.

Comodo can keep bundling PrivDog with Dragon as much as they want. Chrome stable and beta for Windows requires that extensions are hosted on the Chrome Web Store, but it’s up to Comodo to enforce that policy in Dragon, or not.

Submitted a bug report Uploading percentage display not working

Is there any ETA on the new version or should I just switch to some other browser?

I love comodo dragon, but yes, they should update more often.

How do i enable Google Chrome pepperflash? I don’t have chrome installed on my computer, but I took the pepperflash from my other pc with chrome.

Hi Netguy101,
Place a copy of the PepperFlash folder with the two files in the C:\Program Files\Comodo\Dragon folder.
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Dragon\PepperFlash

Go to dragon://plugins/, expand the plugin details and disable the ‘NPAPI’ version if present.

Kind regards.

Thanks that helped, but another problem I got is that I can’t seem to get high quality videos on Youtube with Comodo Dragon? Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

If you mean some videos, yes it is known: https://forums.comodo.com/-t104847.0.html;msg762615#msg762615

It seems to happen more often that Higher quality videos aren’t avaliable. When I check popular videos on YouTube, the seem to have this issue aswhel .

If I remember correctly YouTube will try to default to HTML5 rather than Flash and since YouTube has pretty much deleted all VP8 videos except the low res and since they haven’t gotten too far with VP9, they use H.264 as fallback, which Comodo Dragon doesn’t support, so for HTML5 you are stuck with the low res VP8 video… If I understand it correctly? JoWa can correct me if I’m wrong.

Point is, if you want to use Comodo Dragon for YouTube then I suggest you get PepperFlash and an extension that will force YouTube to use Flash.

I copied the PepperFlash from Google Chrome and it didn’t change anything? I even disabled the Flash plugin in dragon://plugins and I only seem to get HTML5 when I disable both local Flash and PepperFlash.

Hi Netguy101,
Remove or rename the following file will force Flash instead of HTML5.
File ‘ffmpegsumo.dll’, found in the following folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Dragon.
Tip: Rename the file to ‘ffmpegsumoold.dll’, then it is simply a matter of removing the ‘old’ to return to default state if you decide to do so.

Kind regards.

i use magic actions for youtube extension. I have set the extension to always play youtube videos in 1080p if avaible, for me it works everytime. I use pepperflash and have no problem. Try it out1

Hi fungus303,
Thanks for the idea, I will take a look. :-TU

Kind regards.

Still no updates for CD and CID. Incredible. For a securuty vendor this is a shame.

Hi Momfer,
Please stop ‘Multi/Double-Posting’ as this is against the Forum Policy.
Forum Policy Section 8.4

Thank you.

Hello Admin,

I use comodo dragon and in some of the sites I get this: could not load shockware flash, could not load plug in.

What can I do?

Please reply to judithorbach@yahoo.com

Please do NOT cross/double post. it is against the forum policy