COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.4.177889.49 RC1 Ready!

Hello Everyone,

We are very excited to announce that Comodo Cleaning Essentials is ready for private beta testing.

What is Comodo Cleaning Essentials?

Simple. CCE is a set of tools we created for cleaning the infected computers. The main application, CCE, is a powerful virus, spyware, rookit scanner and cleaner. It has many advanced scanning and cleaning techniques that are not present in CIS yet. And then we have a powerful tool called Killswitch, which is purely for experts to diagnose EVERYTHING in a computer. Give it a try!

CCE features:

Whats new in CCE 1.4.177889.49?

NEW! Option for unhooking possible kernel hooks before cleaning
NEW! Option for checking for suspicious MBR entries in full scan
NEW! Option for creating a windows restore point before performing the scan
FIXED! Memory leaks in registry scanner
FIXED! Replacing the task manager does not work
FIXED! CCE driver does not disappear when the the program is closed/system is
restarted
FIXED! Hidden registry key FP under certain circumstance
FIXED! Hidden directory FP for avast sandbox storage folder
FIXED! Memory leak during CCE scan

This is a private BETA and must not be used for any other purpose than testing. It can contain serious bugs and must be used only by community members. Please do NOT distribute it outside this forum as it is not intended for end-users even for testing purposes.

Bug Reports:

Please use http://forums.Comodo.com/Comodo-cleaning-essentials-cce-killswitch/Comodo-cleaning-essentials-1117429427-beta-bug-reports-t66866.0.html

Download Locations:

http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_1.4.177889.49_x32.zip
http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_1.4.177889.49_x64.zip

Regards,

Egemen

Excellent work guys!

2 great products! (my fav is KillSwitch :slight_smile: )

welldone

Melih

:slight_smile: Downloading!

Thank you for your hard work Comodo Team! :slight_smile:

Sweet… congratulations with the release. :■■■■ (:KWL)

Check out the new options like Unhooking an MBR scanning guys. Now many rootkits and other persistent malware could easily be cleaned.

testing will be coming tomorrow. Trust me on that.

Sweeet :slight_smile: Looking forward to it.

Can someone clarify the EULA for me please? Is Comodo claiming that the EULA applies to KillSwitch?

You may not impose any further restrictions on the exercise of the rights granted or affirmed under this License. For example, you may not impose a license fee, royalty, or other charge for exercise of rights granted under this License, and you may not initiate litigation (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that any patent claim is infringed by making, using, selling, offering for sale, or importing the Program or any portion of it.

You guys really have a talent for violating the GPL. >:( By removing the link to PH from the About screen, you no longer meet these requirements:

a) The work must carry prominent notices stating that you modified it, and giving a relevant date. b) The work must carry prominent notices stating that it is released under this License and any conditions added under section 7. This requirement modifies the requirement in section 4 to “keep intact all notices”. c) You must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who comes into possession of a copy. This License will therefore apply, along with any applicable section 7 additional terms, to the whole of the work, and all its parts, regardless of how they are packaged. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it. d) If the work has interactive user interfaces, each must display Appropriate Legal Notices; however, if the Program has interactive interfaces that do not display Appropriate Legal Notices, your work need not make them do so.

Nowhere in the source code does it mention that KillSwitch is a modified version of PH either.

(:LGH) right on cue.

:rocks:

Melih don’t kiss you’re fav. KillSwitch to much otherwise you’re lips will fall off :smiley:

I’ll make sure I test the new features ,

I hope that u guys could make DACS integrated to the custom scan as well, that would be great of course … :wink:

thanks and keep it up :viva: :love:

Looking forward to it.

DACS still not working behind proxy. Updating signatures works though.
Otherwise I saw MBR and unhook new options. :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

what is the option “Don’t scan for viruses” used for?

I reported that the cloud doesn’t work under proxy server either < and that was during V4.xXx ., however, nothing has changed :embarassed:

It will be solved in next version.

Regards,
Doskey.

Any news on the licensing issues, or are you guys going to ignore me again?

Calm down, buddy. Thanks for your great work in Process Hacker.
Egemen will answer your question about license issue you mentioned when he come. Now time is wee hours in US.

Regards,
Doskey.

I think I’ve given Comodo more than enough chances to comply with the licensing. So don’t tell me to “calm down”. Comodo is being very, let’s say, strategic with their code placement and usage. I can’t tolerate possibly intentional violation of the license or negligence, since this is the 4th time I’ve had to complain about it. Doesn’t sound fair to me.

I wouldn’t be that surprised if you do not cooperate, since end users (rightly) do not care a single bit about the licensing issues.