COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.4.177889.49 RC1 Ready!

;D Yeah I can’t say that it is high on my care list.
But your complaints are like clockwork.
Why not try a different approach?.. the current one - you know, the one where you whine about it a few posts after a new version has been released, appears to be not working.

(:WAV)

Excuse me, but I think you should be more careful in your choice of words. I understand if end users do not take this seriously, but it is a serious issue, therefore you will see me complaining until they resolve it. Comodo wouldn’t steal code from other companies, would they? But they think it’s OK to take my code, add a few hundred lines of code, and not even mention the source in the product. Plus the other violations of the license. I hope you enjoy using whatever Comodo comes up with.

They removed the “Killswitch is based on the open source ProcessHacker Project” from the about window in their latest RC version, including the link to your project.

This breaks the GPL3 licence, You must reference where users can download an un-modified copy of the software and the original author.

Also, The source-code must carry prominent notices stating that you modified it, and giving a relevant date per the licence which also has not occurred.

I would like to thank Comodo for giving the original author zero credit, all while breaking the GPL. :-TU

Well, as an end-user, this really does bother me that Comodo is directly violating GPL >:( :-TD :o. As a professional, I cannot ethically use this product.
I look forward to the flinging of lawyers which so often amuses me into sates of nausea.

I’m not a law or license expert but at least for respecting wj32’s work ProcessHacker should be mentioned in KillSwitch About box or/and Killswitch development page on Sourceforge.
ProcessHacker was my Task Manager replacement until KillSwitch so I’m deeply grateful to wj32. :-TU

But for now I’m expecting egemen’s reply.

There will be no lawyers involved, only takedown requests for infringing copies, if it really gets that far.

Anyway, I understand there are time zone differences. But it’s hard to not get angry after complaining so many times. 88)

I hope it is just a bug/mistake. I don’t see any reason why not to give you and your software credit. It doesn’t cost them anything to add link and text. Comodo is offering altruistically many nice pieces of software for free, so it doesn’t make sense to hurt you for you doing same thing.

They had the link there before, and they removed it for the RC. Doesn’t sound like a bug/mistake to me.

Comodo is offering altruistically many nice pieces of software for free, so it doesn't make sense to hurt you for you doing same thing.

Comodo is not offering software altruistically. They are a company, and their goal is to make money.

CIS is free even for commercial use, how they can make money off it? Sure they are company and sell certificates. I meant CIS, Dragon etc., it is part of their business but indirect. As a user of internet I don’t much care about buying certificates. So for me they give away good free software for any use. I am afraid you and we have to wait, as it is night in US now.

I believe they are making money on qualified support.

!ot! I think Melih already explained this before. By making CIS free they are promoting their brand, which is worth a lot to a company obviously. !ot!

I’m prepared to wait until 9:05AM New York time (1:15AM Saturday - Sydney time) before I contact Egemen and Melih.

Ewen :slight_smile:

No sir, excuse me, I’ll use whatever words I want. Your patronizing is useless on me. All I said was you should consider another approach with your concerns because obviously your method of complaining after nearly every release of CCE has provided you with fruitless results. Also your better than you attitude won’t work with me. It appears when you are not patronizing because whoaa boyyy you can program you are bad mouthing Comodo. Take your personal gripes and issues with Comodo and deal with it in a professional manner such as privately with Melih or other Comodo staff and if that doesn’t satisfy you hire a lawyer.

(:WAV)

I apologize if I insulted you, but honestly your response was quite insulting to me. I don’t think you realize that 98% of the functionality in KillSwitch is my work, and when you’re not credited appropriately for something like that I think you’ll understand how I feel. Again, sorry for my angry outburst.

It appears when you are not patronizing because whoaa boyyy you can program you are bad mouthing Comodo. Take your personal gripes and issues with Comodo and deal with it in a professional manner such as privately with Melih or other Comodo staff and if that doesn't satisfy you hire a lawyer.

Yes, I can program. Yes, I am “bad mouthing” Comodo because they deserve it. Yes, I’m very angry and that shows clearly.

But these are not personal gripes either. Placing my program under the GPL and enforcing the GPL is (mostly) a public service, not some kind of personal thing.

You may not agree with the way he is expressing his opinion, and he most likely will not agree with the way you present yours, but both of you are entitles to your opinion.

As long as everyone keeps a civil tone to their posts, it’s OK.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hint : Calling someone’s legitiamte comment a “whine” is not OK. OK?

I can understand your frustration as you’ve posted about it many times and had dialogue with Staff in previous CCE threads. But from observation it does not appear Comodo is hearing you loud and clear. That is why I only suggested maybe another approach will firmly get your concerns across.

All the best.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6320/128715891213786929.jpg

Let’s wait until Egemen or Melih’s reply, otherwise… Some one will contact them. By the way I appreciate your work on process hacker wj32.

Josh

You been taking screenshots of me… lol >:-D

PS- And rightly so, great product, the OP should be linked in this too, as I do care about who has put some or most of the work into it too… I’m sure this will be resolved soon anyways.

!ot! Now we all know what you look like behind your computer AyeAyeCaptain would you like some peanuts ;D