Comodo Cleaning Essentials 1.1.174294.27 BETA Ready!

Hello Everyone,

We are very excited to announce that Comodo Cleaning Essentials is ready for private beta testing.

What is Comodo Cleaning Essentials?

Simple. CCE is a set of tools we created for cleaning the infected computers. The main application, CCE, is a powerful virus, spyware, rookit scanner and cleaner. It has many advanced scanning and cleaning techniques that are not present in CIS yet. And then we have a powerful tool called Killswitch, which is purely for experts to diagnose EVERYTHING in a computer. Give it a try!

CCE features:

During the lifetime of the product, more tools and functions will be introduced.
This is a private BETA and must not be used for any other purpose than testing. It can contain serious bugs and must be used only by community members. Please do NOT distribute it outside this forum as it is not intended for end-users even for testing purposes.

Bug Reports:

Please use http://forums.Comodo.com/Comodo-cleaning-essentials-cce-killswitch/Comodo-cleaning-essentials-1117429427-beta-bug-reports-t66866.0.html

Download Locations:

This release is obsolete.

Regards & Happee Holidays!
Egemen

Thanks guy’s let’s see what this one brings :-TU

And here is the Product designed for “Cleaning”…

CIS is about “keeping a clean pc clean”
CCE is about “Cleaning an infected PC”

but my personal favorite…KillSwitch…I just loooooveee this patent pending technology!!! I can remove malware with just KillSwitch…yup…just use KillSwitch and you will remove malware :slight_smile:

Because of the power of this product we are thinking about making it available only to Sys admins/Techies rather than to everyone…

Melih

killswitch is great.

Congratulations to the developers.

Play and enjoy it please. Any suggestion, please let us know. We will keep to improve and make it to be perfect. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Doskey.

Yes, KillSwitch is one of our newest innovations (patent pending). Here is the concept behind it. An active infection will have some sort of Process running (hidden or not). With CIS we built a good Whitelist. So we thought why not build a tool that show you all “untrusted” processes running and this tool also gives you the ability to kill all untrusted apps (or some of them).

This way, you are bound to find the active malware within these “untrusted” processes and you know what, you can even kill them all (of course if you are technical enough) you can identify the malware from that. So its all about creating visibility about what untrusted processes you have and giving you the ability to kill them…hence the name KillSwitch :slight_smile:

try this: open killswitch…go to “View”…check “hide safe object”…see whats left…its too cool imo…

Melih

Great! Happy X’Mas!

Wow, great! Thanks Melih and Comodo Team :slight_smile:

downloading right now…net speed is 256 kbps…can’t wait to install it… ;D

Am i missing something in killswitch? From the process explorer i can send a file to virustotal or jotti but why not send a file to DACS? Is this only possible with a full or custom scan or with a unknown proces?

any unknown file is automatically sent to DACS…

right click on an unknown process…click properties…click verdict…you will see DACS and other resources we use to check if this file is good or not…

the best gift for Christmas Thx :-TU

Amazing yaa!!! Melih, you were right. HatsOff Boss. This is going to be the best Malware Cleaner. And imagine when DACS will be implemented as Realtime Protection Service in CIS. MY GOD!!! SuperDuper Christmas Gift. Thanxx a Ton Melih for this Amazing Software.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE FRIENDS HERE

N

NJoI The Awesome Christmas Gift From Comodo

Now few info needed. When CCE is opened it updates the database. I want to know the updates are the same as in CIS i.e app. 120MB or are different updates. Rest I will ask when I get to know more.

Thanxx
Naren

yes…cis base plus bit more…

this KillSwitch is my dream come true :slight_smile: It saves me hunting down the malware…in one click…I know where they hide :slight_smile:

thanks for the gift!!! :-TU :-TU

Melih, It would be good if you make it available to only forums members rather than sys admins/techies.

Also, you people did not create separate board for cce. That means you guys are planing to integrate it with CIS once the product undergoes some hard testing as well as the addition of some other functions as egemen had stated.

When I open KillSwitch, all the processes are automatically analysed & the Verdict is there. I guess you have to be connected to the net to avail all the benefits of CCE. Does all this uses a lot of Bandwidth, I am asking this coz my net package is limited.

Thanxx
Naren

Edit - If automatically update the databases is unchecked in option then too when you open CCE again it starts updating.

Ah yes thanks this is realy nice information. Question what should be the analysing time, <5 min? In the settings there is a time out of 180 seconds but DACS takes longer.

I wonder if there is a reason why Norton/Symantec is not there >:-D

[attachment deleted by admin]