COMODO Backup 4.1 BETA2 released!

Hello,

We are happy to announce the COMODO Backup 4.1 BETA2 release.

What’s new (compared to 4.1 BETA1)

• Option to generate an bootable rescue disk ISO image;
  • We support network shares as sources for backup;

What’s fixed & improved (compared to 4.1 BETA1)

• CB automatically cleans left over files from the installation of redistributable pack;
  • Mirror (clone) backup crash when multiple disks are present in the system;
  • ‘Restore now’ crash occuring when a text search is in progress;
  • Hang at cbwizard logout;
  • Crash when right clicking the properties menu on a file in the restore screen;
  • Mirror (clone) crash when clicking backup now and there`s no destination available;
  • Error “file not found” during the file transfer in “Online Storage” which sometimes occurred;
  • Custom incremental/differential profiles that could not be edited if the backup base no longer existed;
  • Compression issue reported by user here;
  • Option to remember connection credentials which was not present sometimes in Schedule page for network backups;
  • Crash produced during cd backup when the file is larger than the available space on disk;
  • Regsitry keys/values backups that failed with code 92 or that could not be exported to script;
  • Wrong registry files displayed as source for registry files backup;
  • Issue with opening self extracting backups;
  • Issue reported here with incremental simple copy backups;
  • Issue with nothing happening when cbu is elevated and the user double clicks on a backup file;
  • Issue with filters, when switching between backup step 2 and 3;
  • Issues with Last backup in otherprofiles;
  • Issues with address bar;
  • Issues with WinPE;
  • Issues with shortcuts TAB;
  • Issues with sync to Online Storage which sometimes may not have worked properly;
  • Other crashes with CBU.exe and CBWizard.exe;
  • Other minor issues;

Known Issues (compared to 4.1 BETA1)

• On rare ocasions COSService.exe might crash when performing a login or upload to Online Storage;
  • Some translations (except English) may be incomplete;
  • Sometimes CB launches without its UI or the UI can be erased with items from the desktop;
  • Sometimes CBWizard crashes when it is closed;
  • Right-click options from Restore Step2 may not work properly;
  • Sometimes the source selection for the previous backup is not displayed in the “Last Backup” section;
  • The progress bar might jump from 0% to 100% completion for disk/partition backups;

Bug Reports:

Please use this topic to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Location:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:

Download link:
http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_4.1.1.18_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA2.exe

Setup file size & checksums:
34.9 MB (36635776 bytes)
MD5: 9E1BAB7C2C1CA4BFBF44F732D4223098
SHA1: 6346CCFF693922837404347CBC62DB2A89F2F7FD

good work guys!

will it work on win8??

do we have to download windows AIK for beta 2???

what happened to this being added?

Option to generate an bootable rescue disk ISO image;

this funtion need install The Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7

can’t use on windows xp?

It was added, see attached screenshot.
Only that the “Local disks” in Windows explorer are not actually the volume labels but a default label that Windows sets to unlabeled volumes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

You can use it in Windows XP without problems.
It’s tested.

Thanks

Yes, we tested it.
It works, but it’s not yet optimized for Windows 8.
It will be, once Windows 8 will be out.

Yes.

Thanks

Why don’t you take the developer version of windows 8?

but it was not added here

thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Option to generate an bootable rescue disk ISO image

Thanks! :-TU

how are you guys finding this new beta, especially with bootable ISO feature?

great so far. lots of bugs are fixed and it really shows. i personally havent tried the bootable disk yet because i havent taken the time to download the Windows Automated Installation Kit its almost 2 GBs

Excellent!!! Really, really nice version - congrats to the entire dev team and Comodo for this.

I see this every time CB starts: http://postimage.org/image/o4ljqwz2d/

idk why this file is created but try deleting it since it is just a link file and its in temp.

1. Where can I change the default path to System Backup? In settings I have S:\BACKUP for example. When I press ‘System Backup’ from Home page I see ‘Backup failed with code 143 (Internal error)’. CB tries to store system backup on drive M:\ (the largest but BitLocked drive).

2. Every time I close Comodo Backup Wizard (opened from ‘Home’ page) I see following message: ‘Comodo BackUp Easy Guide Wizard has stopped working’.

1. click the ‘settings’ button at the top right. From there you can change the default back location.

2. After the wizard becomes unresponsive collect the debug information and attach it here.

Tempting fate, So far, so good. just one minor hiccup.

c

ok great to hear…pls do tell about one minor hiccup so that we can fix it.
thanks.