Comodo AV Database update page

by monday everything will be back to normal (fingers crossed).

Melih

Thank you, it’s always good to get such info even if it maybe won’t apply :slight_smile:
Better than nothing.
:comodorocks:

CAVS database has not been updated since 20 february, so it is very possible that today we recieve one big update if conversion is finished?

As Melih said, fingers crossed!!! X
I’m dying to test the new DB against my 5.5GB malware sample!!! Over 70K+ baddies. COMODO will receive 100% of the undetected as soon as I test detection rate!

OMG 5,5GB of malware? that’s insane (:WIN)

It is all for the good cause! (:LGH) (:WIN)

Three days without signature update - this shouldn’t repeat in the future.

It’s not like they had a choice… it was either this or a lot of wasted money, time and effort.

Comodo couldn’t finish converting the database without releasing v3.8, otherwise it would have messed up the database of users of v3.5.

Nevertheless it shouldn’t repeat in the future → delaying the release of 3.8 would have been a good solution, less bugs for the end user and no period with lack of protection due to signature conversion.

But users of v3.5 would have been at risk, since their database would have been incomplete.

There is a delay between a release and the time it is set to automatically update.

Yep. (:NRD)

Big updating from 28 MB.
Ended the download it is necessary to restart the system.

Database 990

:comodosavedmylife:

Ever thougt about that Comodo could have used two different signature formats at once, one for 3.5 and one for 3.8?
Other serious AV companies like Kaspersky did so in the past. Don’t pretend such a thing would be impossible.

Sorry, but this kind of comments is really stupid and it isn’t good for this forum at all…
To put up ur “argument”: Then let’s stop using CIS’ AV, we have D+ so it is totally useless…
Of course that was meant ironical.

Don't pretend such a thing would be impossible.

I wasn’t, just time consuming, creating a signature for one version, then converting it for the new version.

Why the unnecessary rudeness? All I was doing was giving what I thought was the truth (:SAD)

But anyway, since the database is now up and running, it doesn’t matter.

Which is why we need the updates available outside the program. I can’t finish before my dial up drops the connection.

I was wrong…actually is 7.7GB hehehe 80K+ baddies.

I never said anything pertaining to ‘stop using an AV’. What I thought was a little ridiculous, was the thought that the lack of a few thousand signatures will really make a difference in if you are protected or not from the infinite number of malware on the internet.

Hi just wondering what’s happening with the DB update page??..I’m eager to see what the latest defs count is thats all ;D

Still there, just out of date (Feb 20, db 986).