Comodo AV Database update page

Stickied! (:m*)

[at]cassianoqs.

Kaspersky have 1.7M…

http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates

Dr Web have 479,000…

http://vms.drweb.com/database/?lng=en

Melih. Good service, Great work! 1 question though & 3 Requests though:

[u]Question: Lot’s of detections of Spy Banker & Spy Bancos. So I imagine Comodo is counting variants too on the webpage?
TrojWare.Win32.TrojanSpy.Banker
TrojWare.Win32.Spy.Banker
TrojWare.Win32.Spy.Bancos

[u]Requests:

1. Add “Past AV Updates” link when going forward and updating so people can know what was added yesterday, day before, etc.
  2. Add something similar to CIS (As LA mentioned) so people who use CIS don’t have to check for what was added online. It doesn’t have to be everything added, Maybe a link on the main CIS GUI…
  3. Add this to the CIS Web site! :slight_smile:

Keep it up! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Josh

Keyloggers, how about a category for those? :■■■■ :■■■■

And guess we should not stare blindly on signature numbers…

Insert Quote Stickied! Mod Star

[at]cassianoqs.

Kaspersky have 1.7M…

http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates

Dr Web have 479,000…

http://vms.drweb.com/database/?lng=en

Melih. Good service, Great work! 1 question though & 3 Requests though:

Question: Lot’s of detections of Spy Banker & Spy Bancos. So I imagine Comodo is counting variants too on the webpage?
TrojWare.Win32.TrojanSpy.Banker
TrojWare.Win32.Spy.Banker
TrojWare.Win32.Spy.Bancos

Yes, we are counting variants also. It’s basically total signs added on a given day not new malware detection added as such.

Thanks
-umesh

:-TU Nice work in progress Melih :BNC :comodorocks:

I have the page in my Opera Bookmarks, always ready to bring it up, proving to people that CAV does cover (and counting) a lot of malware. :-TU

Good job on this page. (V)

Now all we need is a link to download a standalone installer of the latest database.

I don’t see yesterdays and todays updates. The page is stuck at db 973 from the 10th. This isn’t a “daily basis” update…

I was just going to comment on that!

Seems like the page has gone dead (last update 10 February)??
Well not that I think its ■■■■ important, but its fun reading… :-TU :-TU

Looks like guys from COMODO have better things to do than updating this site ;). I hope it will work again soon.

Well it is now 975 on 12th Feb and that is what I have on the new 3.8 release this evening.

I am very pleased to know comodo is very open about their detection capabilities. About 1.4 million signatures is not that bad, if this includes all the new malware that is active infecting people. Keep up the good work Comodo! (I am surprised to see such a new player daring to challenge the established anti-malware vendors that are operating in this field for decades!)

This is awesome… almost 11000 defs added daily. Perfect.

The success is in majority due to such great response by our users! It was our users who responded to our calls by providing us all their malware samples that helped us get to where we are today. Every day more people are coming forward and helping us with malware samples they have. Soon we will have the biggest DB of malware out there.

Never underestimate the power of People!

It is this power that Comodo has been lucky enough to benefit from due to its technology and business model.

Melih

Sorry, but since I’m not sure if COMODO listen his users, I will repeat that.

Database Version: 982
Number of Definitions Added: 268 (YIHaA?) :slight_smile: :wink:

Guess comodo have been working on formating everything old to the new format? :wink:
or something similar…? :slight_smile:

Hi,

Database Version: 982 Number of Definitions Added: 268 (YIHaA?)

Guess comodo have been working on formating everything old to the new format?
or something similar…?

There is some work on which has affected total signs generated on 17th, it is expected to be low on 18th also.
But again please don’t expect us to be hitting 12k count each day :wink:

Thanks
-umesh

I have seen you guys hit 29K before, Sneaky. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you guys get all the signatures conversion done by end of the week, :slight_smile: And also, are you guys still planning for hourly updates in this month of Feb?

Cheers,
Josh

thanks for the update! I was just a bit shocked about the 268 signs…
Of course 12k is extreamly good, and I don’t expect that or anyway near daily!

But it was a BIG drop… :slight_smile:

haha well…

Good job comodo! Iam very pleased with CIS. :wink:

Today You fixed some FP I sent lately :), now even heur on high I’mn not getting those FP. Good job.

12209 definitions added with database 986.
So the conversion is done?