Comodo AV Database update page

That’s why I asked :slight_smile:

Maybe that is why they call it an update page, instead of an updated page. It is definitely an update page in need of updating. I am sure that forum users will continue to update everyone on the status of this page, without them having to visit the actual update page themselves.
(:TNG)

(:CLP) WOW I can’t tell you guys how impressed I am with the rate that the Defs are increasing. Comodo has got to be biting at the big boys heels soon surely ;D
Keep up the great work

(V)

Number of Definitions Added: 162 349

Someone has sent in a bunch of samples! =P

Total Definitions: 1 705 574

Really good… :-TU O0

Amazing! :o

:comodo110:

(:HUG)to entire comodo team including users who sending malware samples to comodo, my CAV is updated to 1012 thanks all for contribution from myself (:HUG) big hugs to all
Just few wishes from me

1. Please make link for us to download virus definition from comodo website and then it will be updated when we run that file, because many users have slow internet connections and in middle of big update like 10mb or more etc.
    gets interupted because of slow and sloppy internet connection, so we can download antivirus updates from comodo website and then update our CAV. we can use download accelerators like orbit downloader (free) to have resume feature while downloading.
  2. Virus database updates getting broken in small segments & there should be resume feature in updating database like for eg. if my downloading interupts on 30% it should start from 30% onwards.
    Thanks all (CLY) :ilovecomodo:

This is a great idea IMO.
(:CLP)

:o Wow… 162 349 in one update. That’s mind boggling. (V)

Another few bigger updates and soon CAVS will catch up with Kaspersky: Comodo-1710773 defs, Kaspersky-1866235, we need about 150k definitions more.

That is just to get to where they are now (in quantity of signatures). It is safe to assume they will also be getting more in the meantime.
I think the better thing is who has the better prevention, detection, and the lowest FP.
CIS will take the gold in that challenge.

I agree, but increasing database is important too, because prevention sometimes isn’t enough. Yesterday my girlfriend’s pc was infected by malware, few trojans and rootkits. Comodo failed to detect these rogues, SAS did. Maybe D+ could stop malware from infecting pc but not everyone knows how to interpret D+ alerts, so big database is very important!

Rootkit detection will be in the next release (I believe), and yes I do agree detection does depend on the size of the database. It was not my intent to mislead anyone.

I do not feel mislead John :). I hope CAVS database someday(I prefer soon) will catch up with Kaspersky, Antivir and even Avast!.

Not sure if this is the correct place fellas but about 30 mins ago I got a bubble saying the AV was updating. It took a while and when it finished it asked me to reboot my PC. On reboot I checked to see what changes had occured only to find that whereas my AVDB number this afternoon had been 1025 it was now 973. It is still version 3.8.65951.477. Can anyone explain what just happened?.

Did you by any chance change profiles somewhere around that time ?
Looks like it took an “old” av update path…

I decided to reboot again after posting previous Ronny and on reboot AVDB is now once more 1025 but it tells me that the last time it updated was March 4th 17.30.22 UK time which is almost five hours ago. What was that for an update I got and which asked me to reboot for changes to apply an hour or so ago 21.20 UK time?. I am already on the latest V3.8.477.

:-TU now on 1025 big hugs to Comodo team ;D

Looks like CAVS freaked out. Very weird. I checked myself and CIS says my sig’s are up to date -1025

No idea, maybe something slipped on the virtual hosting config of the updates servers, just guessing…
If you did not do anything then it must be caused by a “remote” config failure … my guess again…