cmdagent.exe using 100% cpu [Merged Threads]

guys I was beating against it too…

Now I had to reboot again… and… yeah cmdagent is at 0%… perhaps not for long…

but ok… so lets reboot your computers :slight_smile:

URGH!!

A major pain…

i’ve been fighting this update all day…

unable to even use my keyboard in ‘safe’ mode to get to a restore point.

every time it finally accepts a program i have to reboot to hopefully allow the program
to load.

right now i;'m trying to bring up help from the start menu…

helpctr.exe 'cannot be recognized…i’f clicked ‘allow this request’ at least a dozen times
but still no xp help can be accessed…can’t get to a restore menu.

after 10 minutes i finally now have a add/remove program window populated…hope i can get
this very poor program off my system so i can post 1700 items on ebay on sunday.

URGH…

well add/remove is loaded…but only shows through ‘call of duty’…can’t access comodo…URGH

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER…PLEASE HELP

Loaded V3… System promptly decided that all of my apps were not valid win 32 material and wouldn’t run them.
Opened in safe mode and killed V3. Cleaned up remaining V3 registry enteries.
Reinstalled …
CPU usage was a little extreme, eg I can usually recode a DVD fly writing to the drive, full system virus check (AVG) and run Quake ETW concurrently on about 40% CPU load. V3 had it at 50% minimum and peaking at 75%… Background I usually have tomcat, a DICOM server, apache and a few minor odds and sods running… To my way of thinking thats a lot of CPU cycles for a pair of AMDX2 4Ks to be using to try and establish a firewall service…
BTW I never saw an icon in the tray for V3, why oh why couldn’t the shortcut open it??
Where’s the 2.4 download available from??

Alright. Third time wasn’t a charm. I am now succumbing to the “Not a Valid Win32 Application” error. At first I thought it was just for one app but now I realize it’s all over the place.

“Another one bites the dust…” (:AGY)

URGH-redux…

finally got to a full screen add/remove programs…took 15 minutes to populate…good news…
a seemingly clean UN-install…i can now even bring up xp ‘help’ from the start menu. The last
version of comodo was great…this one…d.o.a. in my opinion. wasted a good 2 hours with it
today…including at least 10 pushes of the reset button as my system would still not close
down after 15 minutes.

all seems well now…yea! good luck…yg

i waited and waited for v3 to arrive, and almost gave up, then a RC came out and i installed it and it froze my pc solid, so i uninstalled and said i’d forget about comodo, then the final came out, i installed it,i found D+ buggy, so i then uninstalled it, but then came back and reinstalled it, overall V3 is great except for some flaws that i’m sure will be addressed

Hey Egemen,

I am running XP Sp2, not Vista and no theme patches that I know of and I still have this problem. How can I determine if I have this theme thing installed? Any other suggestions for upgrading to V3 without freezing my system or should I just stay on V 2.4…? Thanks!

Hi there, my name’s Brian.

Just joined this forum myself to look for help with Comodo 3.

I loved the older version and the new one looks great but it seems like it was shoved out of the gate the second it was finished without any Q&A done.

I love Comodo but so far this version is a disappointment.

I’ve been trying to uninstall it for over an hr now. Even went out to eat and it’s still sitting there! I know my way around computers too but what can you do.

Brian

Hi all,

This new version is a real nightmare. Please do not install it at all !!!

I’ve installed version 3 and my computer was so slow that I must shutdown it by using the power switch (no more access to the keyboard).

I’ve unstalled version 3 to reverse to previous version and ALL MY PREVIOUS CONFIGURATION WAS LOST.

I do not know what is this software name Defender but the name should be changed to Messer…

So, I’ve turned off the automatic update of this Firewall and will not install any new version. :frowning:

HI just updated to v3
I am running xp pro sp2, nod 32, sg, . Everything works with IE and Opera
When I use Firefox everything slows to a snails pace.
Went back to comodo v 2.0.0.9.
Now all is well. Whats going on?
thanks,George

Okay, I have vista-inspirat-ultimate-2-brico-pack installed and am having these kinds of problems. What do I do about it?? ???

Hi Everyone

I have the Vista Brico pack installed and the cmdagent.exe at 100%. The solution that fixed this for me was: Defense+>Advanced>Defense+ Settings>Monitor Settings>then uncheck “Protected Registry Keys”. I think moscow posted this somewhere. I then re-booted and everything has been running fine since. This is on a win XP pro sp2 pc and a win XP home sp2 pc. Egeman mentioned that a .dll that is modified by the Brico pack is messing up the cmdagent.exe. I’m sure comodo will have this one figured out pretty quickly. They have been super in fixing any bugs that come up. This firewall/HIPS is a great little security tool.

Al

Actually we already fixed that bug couple of hours ago (when we will release the update, i don’t yet know though) :slight_smile:

But as you suggested this is a temp fix…
thanks
Melih

Disabled + defence and cpu useage back to normal. Had to reboot for it to work.

Using xp home sp 2 e6600 cor duo 2 gig ram.

Yeah 100 % usage using +defence not good.

here is the full post about how this temp fix works

Hi Guys,

More than a million PCs is using CFP 3right now and the weird bugs/problems are posted in the help board.

2 of these problems seem to be recurring. Here are the temporary fixes until we update the executables:

1 - cmdagent.exe 100% CPU consumption:

This has been verified and fixed with the upcoming update. It is related to patched uxtheme.dll.
However, until the updates are issued the temporary fix is disabling the registry protection :

• Defense±>Advanced->Defense+ Settings->Monitor Settings
  • Uncheck “Protected Registry Keys”
  • Press Apply and restart

2 - System Slowdown issue :
It is related to the load on comodo lookup servers.

Online file lookup must be disabled

• Miscellaneous->Settings->Update
  • Uncheck “Automatically perform an online lookup for the unrecognized files” option
  • Press Apply button

Both 1 & 2 should solve the most of the problems.

3 - Email client problems

• Firewall->Tasks->Stealth Ports Wizard
  • Select “Alert me to incoming connections”

Then Protocol analysis should be disabled.

• Firewall->Advanced->Attack Detection Settings->Miscellanous
  • Uncheck “Do protocol analysis” option

Thank you all for the cooperation,

Egemen

Yep did the above, 10 to 15 secs after starting + defence was back to 100% usage. stopped it rebooted and all good.

Thanks for the post Melih.

Any idea on when the new version will be out, updated and fixed?

I’ll just wait for that since i’d rather not jump through hoops just to get it working to normal levels.

Thanks. I hope that bug will be corrected in next version/build.

• Later *

Too sad - it does not work for me…

should be out sometime next week (fingers crossed).

Melih

does this mean i’m the only user who has had v3 install disable CAV’s hueristic on access scanner entirely? I find this dificult to believe …