cmdagent.exe using 100% cpu [Merged Threads]

I’m experiencing the same issue since i updated to the most recent version of comodo; cmdagent.exe uses a large amount of cpu. However, I’m not using any vista transformation pack

Anyone notice that if you checked for updates via v2.4 it now says that none are available? Interesting… :THNK

I have the same problem when I start a specific videogame. Cmdagent.exe goes nuts. The game doesn’t start and I can barely browse the pc.
I went to the Trusted Aplications and defined the game as one of them, but cmdagent still goes at 99% cpu usage.
When I try to kill the process, I’m not allowed to do so.

Solution, disable both Firewall and Defense+ and then kill the process. At least this way it works…sort of.

Like everyone else I experienced the same problems after installing V3.0. I could not figure out what was wrong except it was too complex for a small family of 5 to mess around with. It cost us a half day [ at ] one station. Fortunately we did NOT convert two other computers that were still running Comodo 2.4 the same day and were able to slide this one out of the way.

Waiting on video images from the wedding to que up was an eternity and they were choppy. We have since unloaded Comodo 3.0 and reverted back to 2.4 until things are reported as corrected with 3.0. It was as if 3.0 was a beta piece of software.

{Removed HijackThis log post. Please do not post them. Always try to upload them as a compressed or text attachment} - Moderator Edit

Would love to keep my edge over the hackers out there with V3.0 but …

[attachment deleted by admin]

I had this same problem with one out of three of my computers to which i installed v3. Now how odd is that?

I managed to somehow find a solution to this problem. Here’s all I did after I found out the problem:

1. I naturally uninstalled cfp3
  2. I reinstalled and tried the tricks implied in this thread, but they didn’t help, so
  3. I uninstalled again and changed my antivir software from AntiVir to Comodo (don’t know if this has any relevance)
  4. I went to Defense+ advanced settings and changed the security level to training, unticked protected registry keys, protected COM interfaces and physical memory
  5. I also set my DVB-C tuner a ‘trusted’ network

Now I’m fairly certain that this does, if nothing else, cause some security issues, but they can be coped with. At least I can use my computer normally again.
btw the major difference between the computer that got messed up and the ones that didn’t, I think, is that the one that did has the DVB-C tuner card I mentioned earlier.

I even registered myself to the forum to bring this to your attention :slight_smile: I hope it at least helps in making the upcoming updates if nothing else.

I did experience some slowings on my Intel Duo Vista Home Premium Laptop but after using (opening and running) the programs that I have on my computer it would take a little time for eac of them to load for the 1st time but subsequent loadings back to normal.

P.S. There was an UPDATE I think last Friday or Over the weekend that improved the situation with regards to delays. Have you "Checked for updates since downloading the full release?

Comodo Firewall Pro (V 3.0)

Is it a firewall, an anti-virus, an anti Spyware, an anti-Rootkit or a combination of all these? I notice the Windows Security Centre doesn’t recognise it as an anti-virus.

Joe.

So, any news on their progress? :THNK

we hope to get out a version in number of days for people try (the affected people) to see if it solves their issues…

subject to satisfactory result, then we will update it

thanks
Melih

Hi All!

I expext the same problem with Comodo 3. Nothing from Melih has helped. So I simply fully disable Defense+ (Defense+ - Advanced - Settings - Deactivate permanently).

I have to inform you that the same problems are on two different comps with WinXP Pro SP2 MUI and WinXP Pro SP2 Rus with all latest updates. The only similar soft was Firefox, TheBat and NOD32 antivirus. I have no any vista-inspirat-ultimate-2-brico-pack/uxtheme.dll patcher so I believe the problem is different.

Sure it still works as good firewall and I needn’t Deffense+ as I use antivirus. But anyway - it is a component of the program! As for me looks like Defense+ is not too stable to be included in the pack called final version! It is still early beta…

New to Comodo Firewall I too was suffering from this issue, I almost decided to uninstall it again. Then I stumbled upon this thread and happy to find the cause of the problem I decided to uninstall Vista Brico Pack. All is running smoothly now. Thanks.

Hi all :slight_smile:

I have also the same probleme with the bricopack ( the tips with the desactivation for the protected register resolves my problem), but when i do a update of windows my cpu increase to 100% (so i can’t update on the web and with automatic mode). No application is blocked. Someone have the same experienced and resolve it ? (:SAD)

Hello.

I have comodo firewall pro v. 3.0.13.268

In my case cmdagent.exe starts to consume all the cpu when i launch my email client, The Bat! (v. 3.71)

In other cases it seems to work fine.

Hope this will help you. :wink:

Anyway I am using the same Comodo at my office with TheBat! 3.99.29 - but WinXP Pro MUI. With swithced off Defense+ and Train with Safe Mode Firewall it works stable. But not in home with the same TheBat! but WinXP Pro Rus. Strange…

And by the way - is anyone from COMODO Team looking for the total decision of this problem? This forum thread is going to be dead…

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/please_tell_us_if_v3_didnt_work_for_you_we_will_send_you_the_new_version-t16546.0.html;msg112807#msg112807

we already released a new version for testing.

If you have a problem with this bug pls go the above thread and ask for the new version.
thanks
Melih