CIS GUI corruption on systems with dual-graphics [M2173]

What is the exact CIS version? It is already a known issue that was supposed to be fixed with the newest 6246 build. Can you also check to see if this happens with CCAV? Current workaround is to force CIS to use one GPU in particular the APU as referenced by this post.

CIS version is 10.0.1.6246. Don’t have CCAV installed.

I rolled back to a bit earlier system image. Right now CIS UI doesn’t flicker yet.
Have this updates for Windows 7 avalible for install: KB2836942, KB2631813, KB2656356. Two of them are related to .NET Framework 3.5.1 and I suppose they are to blame. I will check if they are, but have to make some backups first.

Its not related to windows updates is has to do with comodo use of a UI framework please check issue in CCAV anyways to see if it happens because CCAV uses a newer version of the UI framework that CIS uses.

Installed those updates. Installed CCAV. It doesn’t have the bug. CIS also doesn’t have it yet.

Here we go. Changed power settings to make CIS work with GPU instead of APU and flickering came back. Changet it back to APU - no flickering.

Just for info:
APU driver version - 15.301.1901.0
GPU driver version - 22.19.171.257

Made it happen with help of this video: How to install latest AMD Drivers for 8970M or 7970M in MSI GX70, GX60 notebooks - YouTube

Will try to set same 15.301… drivers for both APU and GPU and try again.

Update: failed. After changing power control settings - video drivers failed completly.

Ok thanks for checking. Also its not an issue with drivers so just use the latest available and set it to use APU as a workaround. For CCAV does the flickering happen when you set it to use the GPU like with CIS? Or does it not happen regardless of CCAV being set to use the APU or GPU?

There is no flickering in CCAV in both APU and GPU modes. I hope Comodo would implement same renderer for CIS soon.

Good Job Futuretech! After uninstalling CIS and installing CCAV the problem was gone! :-TU

Tried some setting with AMD CCC. Managed to disable dual graphics (in 3D-setting) mode for cis.exe only. Did the job!

AdNL

Yes lets hope so. I have merged your topic with the already previously linked topic of the same issue.

Today installed the update of ISE. The installer has the same (dual graphics) problem. Just to inform Comodo!

Update came today - 10.0.1.6258. Bug is still there. When cis.exe isn’t set to “Power saving” in AMD Catalyst Control Centre you get flickering.

Hey all
today have already posted same issue here
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/problems-with-2-vgas-intel-hdgrafik-3000-nvidia-geforce-gt-540m-laptop-t120323.0.html

and im a bit disappointed theres still no solution cause i know this since the new Version 10 of CIS ? :cry:

I have a “flickering” status on all Comodo Firewall windows (main window, settings, as well as the installer). When you move the cursor on those windows, they will flicker and mainly get blacked out or just in part as in the attached image.

Following is a temporary solution from another user who also uses a nvidia/intel dual card setup.

I had the same problem (some ui elements not showing at all), I’m on dual graphics as well, using the high performance gpu didn’t work…
the only solution I found was to use a different theme from general settings. Hope it helps

These are not rlly solutions modify working drivers of double VGAs… Im just asking for a statement by Comodo. Im not a tecchnician - what makes the working version 8.4 to v10 different? Cant they just keep the old renderer ? :o

Any news on this bug? Even after reinstalling Comodo a few times it is still present.

This is what happens when hovering the mouse around the main window.

its fault by COMODO using new render for v10 dont wait for any real solution (…) - only workarounds like this:
you can go to nvidia control panel then 3d settings → go to program rules (sry im using german version) and select cis.exe to use with INTEL only

kind regards

Why is that? On the 8th version of the CIS this was not.
Video - https://yadi.sk/i/7QhLr2j43NYMfY
Windows 10 x64(On Windows 7 x64 the same thing)