CIS GUI corruption on systems with dual-graphics [M2173]

I’m not sure if I have the exact same problem, But I also have issues with the UI.
I’m on Windows 10

See screenshot
http://imgur.com/xDaqYz7

sorry forgot to attach the screenshot ;D

I tried today with latest 6209 hotfix release, but no luck.
I still have graphic glitches on Comodo windows

I attached 2 files. AdNLmsinfo32_with_dual_graphics_off.zip and AdNLmsinfo32_with_dual_graphics_on.zip. Perhaps that will help?

Hello,
I’m a satisfied (until last week) comodo user, I’ve used comodo firewall until last week when suddenly decided to update to version 10. It updates automatically with success but after that it started to be usable; full of graphic glitch that prevented me to click on windows
(also on notification windows of defense +). All other windows from other programs are working fine, the only workaround that I’ve found was to reduce to icon the comodo windows and to restore them, after doing so buttons were clickable but the window was full of graphical glitch (it became black at every redraw when passing with mouse on clickable objects).
I decided so to unistall comodo and reinstall by myself from the beginning but also the installer is giving the same problem; using my workaround I managed to install comodo firewall but the situation was as before. I’m attaching screenshots of the installer, from the first picture (the nice one without black parts) it’s possible to see that is impossible to click the button “avanti” (= continue, I’m using the Italian translation), after reducing to icon the window and restoring it the black glitch appears and in the
next pictures it’s possible to see how the clickable buttons appear only when mouse is going over them but all other parts of the windows become black.

http://imgur.com/a/uWIZB

Can you provide output of system information of msinfo32.exe, you can go to start type msinfo32 press enter then from the file menu and select export, give it a name and attach it here. Your issue sounds like this one with system of dual graphic cards or switchable graphics.

Hi,
Yes my problem is similar and my system has a dual graphic card (NVIDIA optimus), I was not expecting the error coming from that because normally the integrated graphic card (intel) is used for normal programs, besides games or graphic stuff. I’m attaching the system info file that you requested.
I’m sure however that the problem is coming from the version 10 of comodo because the previous versions were all working fine (I’m using them on this computer since 2013).
Moreover as written in the post that you linked I want to confirm that also on my system installer is giving the same problems as the program and changing comodo theme is not making any difference.

Ok thanks I am going to merge your topic with the bug reported thread and update the tracker with your info.

I’ve tried to do the same with the installer (due to the fact that I still need to install comodo) but unfortunately is not fixing the problem for me, I still can’t click buttons and after reducing to icon the program some part of the installation interface start to blink black as from previous screenshots

Im getting this on my W7 64 bit rig . It has dual cards , and i cant change that mode, its not a option .
flickering in all aspects of the UI and related to mouse move and what the mouse hovers over . that is if the mouse happens to pass over a active UI element it can cause the whole GUI to ‘spaz’ .

CIS 10 ( downloaded and clean installed as of the date of this post )
W7 64

Ok just decided to change my configurable graphics settings for CIS to power saving , to force it to use the video on my AMD A6 APU in power saving mode . This results in stable GUI so far with all skins.
it makes all the CIS parts use the APU and only it , vs the 2nd ATI card

its kind of a cheat for those with ATI rigs that have the ability to set what apps run on what video card .

dont know if that helps , but for some ATI dual card users it may help .

I’ve found a workaround too, I’m using windows as normal user (not administrator) and from user was impossible to get a “graphically stable” installer of Comodo (even specifying to use the integrated Intel graphic card); changing settings in the NVIDIA control panel and then launching the installer was not working.
Today, however, I managed to install it doing this:

• I’ve logged in as administrator
  • In the NVIDIA settings (I’ve NVIDIA GT540M) I’ve setted to use the integrated intel graphic card instead of the NVIDIA one for the installer and for comodo
  • After that the installer was behaving normally and it was possible to install Comodo without any problem
  • I’ve logged as user and changed the setting for NVIDIA graphic card also for the user; in the same way done in step 2

Now everything is working and I’m able to use Comodo without any graphical problem also for the normal user account.

P.S. I was installing only Comodo firewall and I’ve windows 10 pro 64 bit

Woah! My GUI was also having a stroke since the latest few updates. But forcing the integrated graphics to run Commodo did the trick for me! Just in time! I was honestly few clicks away from uninstalling this glitchy mess. It would have been a pity, I really love Commodo and you guys don’t spam us with ads for the premium packages all the time! coughcoughzonealarmcoughcough Antivirusing is like design, the more invisible the better.

Just to add my datapoint to the bunch, I’m running win7 pro 64x on a Dell XPS 14 with integrated HD4000 + GT630M

Please try out latest v6246 for fix of this issue:

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016246-hotfix-released-t119759.0.html

Thanks
-umesh

Just tried the update v6246. No positive result. See comodo_wrong.png and AdNLmsinfo32_with_dual_graphics_on.zip. The window keeps flickering and in the end mixed up.
Waiting for an new hot-fix

Ad

Did anyone check if same issue appears with CCAV? Out of curiosity.

Tried CCAV. Can’t tell because CIS keeps interacting. Windows got mixed up but I don’t no if CCAV or CIS is the cause of it?

Ad

Hi AdNL,
Someone from staff is going to reach out to you, lets see if we can identify the problem.

Thanks
-umesh

Then you should try uninstalling CIS so that CCAV is only installed so it would be clear to see if issue still exists or not. The reason behind trying CCAV is that Comodo uses a GUI framework called Sciter and the GUI engine version used in CIS is older compared to the newer version used in CCAV. So if the issue does not appear in CCAV then it points to using the newer UI engine should be implemented in CIS.

CIS 10 UI flickers on every visual change, making it almost unoperable. This is most likely related to AMD video hardware and/or windows updates, as it happens in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 after applying all updates and video drivers.

Video hardware: AMD APU A10-5750M and Radeon HD8970M
Happens with drivers: Crimson 16.2.1, Crimson 15.12, Catalyst 15.7.1 and vendor’s Catalyst 13.151

Before you suggest updating video drivers - my notebook hardware is “legacy” thanks to outdated APU, so it’s impossible for me to go higher than 16.2.1 (and even that is not “official”).

Attached GIF is an example of what happens. Any ideas where should I look to fix this?