CIS GUI corruption on systems with dual-graphics [M2173]

Hi, ~VictoR~.

Your issue is under investigation.
Could you please clarify, these are the same endpoint or different? Also please provide msinfo32.nfo from the both endpoints.
We checked the issue, but it wasn’t reproduced on our environment (Windows 10x64, Windows 7x64, CIS 10.0.2.6382).
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

how to do it?

Steps to collect msinfo32.nfo:

1. Go to Windows Run (Windows Key + R key in keyboard).
  2. Type in msinfo32.exe and press Enter key, it will launch System Information window application.
  3. Click ‘Save’ item in ‘File’ menu and save as .nfo file.

Done info.nfo — Yandex.Disk

It is because of dual graphic card setup. Open your graphic settings and set cis.exe to use one of the AMD graphic cards, first try the AMD Radeon R6 Graphics, if that doesn’t fix the issue, then switch to the R7 M360 adapter. https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/cis-gui-corruption-on-systems-with-dualgraphics-m2173-t117967.30.html

Thank you! For cis.exe manually set the energy-saving mode and all problems have disappeared! So, CIS is incompatible with a High-performance graphics card? Why?

Hello, VictoR.

Could you please check the issue on CIS v10.0.2.6392 - RC from here with disabled energy-saving mode for cis.exe. Let us know the results, please.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

The problem still exists on CIS v10.0.2.6396.

Hi guys
Need some help here.I have to mention that i didn’t try the last version of CFW.But…with all new versions (10 version to be more precise) right after i double click to install the software,the UI starts flickering,appearing and disappearing…make it impossible to set something right.After minutes and minutes of trying,i managed to install CFW and rebooted.After the reboot,when i open the UI,same thing happens…starts flickering and make impossible any settings of the software.I have to say that i installed a fresh and clean Macrium image,without any security software ever installed and with all the Windows updates up to date.Tried both installers,online and offline,same issue.Now i have installed and i am using CFW version 8.4.0.5165 without any problems,but i really wanna use the last version…
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64.
Thanks.

Thank you for your reply,i will try that fix with the Intel card. :-TU

Well,it worked by forcing cis.exe to use the Intel integrated video card…

Just downloaded the trial CIS 12.0.0.6818 running on Windows 8.1 and I’m having a problem trying to configure it.

I cannot navigate any of the CIS dialog boxes for more than one click before they become unresponsive.

The CIS windows / dialog boxes stop responding to mouse clicks and keyboard navigation. At that point, the CIS windows / dialog boxes have a dark border.

If I use Task Manager to Maximize the dialog box, I can sometimes click once before the dialog box stops responding to mouse clicks.

This is the only time this problem has occurred and it only happens with Comodo Firewall or Comodo Internet Security.

There are no other antivirus or firewall programs installed.

Any ideas ?

Does your system have hybrid/duel graphics?

futuretech,

It’s a laptop, so yes - integrated graphics + mobile GPU.

Googled and landed here. Since I had to login to read, Ill reply my issue and how I fixed it.

Same as OP flickering comodo window.

Laptop Windows 10 with switchable graphics, plugged in, AMD.

Go into Control panel → Hardware and Sound → Power Options → Change plan settings → Change advanced power settings → Switchable Dynamic Graphics - Global Settings
On Battery: would suggest anything else than max performance
Plugged in: I changed Maximize performance to Optimize performance.

Clicked apply and opened comodo to see that it worked.

Hello, it seems that the entire interface is initially in vector format and rasterized when rendering, but on my processor (AMD A6-7310) this is done incorrectly, attached a picture for a visual example.

You need to go into your graphics settings and configure it to use only one of the GPU for the cis process.

Hello :slight_smile:

first time on this forum and my first post < :a0

Im WIN 7 and now try to be a Comodo user
When i try to configure Comodo Firewall (v 12.2.2.7036) and other modules permanent, fast blinking of all Comodo windows occur, sometimes freezes and im unable to do anything. :o
I have active AVG free antivirus in the background
No other programs run in the background

Any advice on how to get rid of this BLINKING, FREEZING screens problems ?

thanks in advance for your help

follow this topic it is related to dual graphics thing

Hello niebieskook,

Welcome to comodo forums :).
Thank you for reporting.Are you still facing this issue while using CIS?