CIS becoming paid?

Don’t really think one has to wait for a response. Note that the Personal Firewall page has been updated- the “Get Free Protection” link has vanished only to be replaced by a link to:

“Got more than 1 PC? Get 3 Licenses for $9.99 & Save 33%!”

C’est fini for the freebies…

Has there been any sign of a reply? I’ve heard nothing at all from Melih or Shane. It’s beginning to feel that they’ve given up on CIS.
All the rumours of a 6892 build “soon” back in mid Sep, and nothing appeared yet in the beta channel etc…

4.99$ is a limited time offer, next year we’ll have to pay 39.99$ for CIS :frowning:

hey sister… what security suite, or containment software, can you recommend that is free?

Has anyone seen this page? -
https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall-new.php#_ga=2.260645125.904203088.1569261864-1509114701.1560887153

Maybe only the firewall will stay free?

The page is still showing the Free Download link. See attached image.

It is time Comodo speaks out. It’s been 6 weeks now and we haven’t seen a response both in the mod board or here at the public part of the forums. We are now waiting for a response from Comodo after we contacted them recently.

PLEASE, DELET THIS TOPIC, THIS LINK!!! FAST!!! GO GO GO!!! OR THEY WILL SEE THAT THERE IS ONE LINK LEFT WITH THE FREE SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD AND THEY WILL DELET IT!!! :slight_smile:

ok… now lets talk about whats going on…

My guess is that comodo is going into some internal changes and the company is getting acquired by some other group and they will end the free softwares or, atleast, will update the hole website and change some aspects of the free softwares so we will end up with comodo internet security without contaiment, without the white list and ful of bloatcraps as ads etc… the same goes to comodo antivirus, comodo firewall and even the comodo cloud… thats my predicts…

edit.: please, cruelsister, i know you work with comodo but please PLEASE show us some love and recomend some other free security softwares so we can migrate as soon as they confirm the end of the free products… please?

My completely subjective perception makes me suspect something similar. It would be nice to inform users about significant changes planned as quickly as possible, so that there is a chance for everyone to derive the following changes for themselves. Personally, I dont just support Comodo as a company, but so far I’ve supported their philosophy here. So if something has changed in the meantime, i would like to know that.

Since 6 Weeks? ???

Actually, I wanted to write a slightly theatrical complaint that my last post in the “Whitelisted Malware Section” has still not been processed, but now I feel better in a weird way. :-X

Hmmm, seems coincidence but on the Comodo One / Itarian platform for MSP’s and on premises businesses it has always been advertised that the platform is ‘Free Forever’ only need to pay business rates for adding Comodo Endpoint Security and other add ons for business.

It has now suddenly been announced that this changes in 9 days and if you have more than 10 devices enrolled then you now have to pay $1.25 per device per month unless you pay the high price for the Endpoint Security for each device then they become ‘free’ and the $1.25 is waived???

Free CIS forever seems it might have come to end of ‘forever’ and the other Comodo Platform seems to have come to the end of ‘Free forever’ as well!!! :-X :-X

Now I also understand why two Comodo’s key-persons like Umesh and Egemen left the company recently.
That’s sad. It’s even more sad considering the lack of communication from the staff, popping out only to announce the breach in the forum board.
Ofc @cruelsister can give a better advice, but personally i might consider voodoshield

voodooshield is a waste of time as it lacks lots of common options for configuration on the free software.

cruelsister, please, recommend some software…

SecureAPlus, now they offer a free version too https://www.secureaplus.com/windows/

I like the idea how the paid version includes priority scanning.

Maybe Comodo should offer priority file analysis for the paid product, and a slower analysis for the free product.

That way there is a good reason to go for the paid, whilst still allowing the free product to remain valid.

P.s. Think I might have just saved Comodo from walking off the edge of a cliff. You are welcome.

Valkyrie already supports those two speeds.

This one is still here for Free Download> Comodo Internet Security Pro | Complete Internet Protection Suite

Sounds like a plan then. :slight_smile:

You can always migrate from Windows to Linux. Linux has Free Built in AV & Firewall plus Linux is always free to download plus free updates as well.

Look here> https://ubuntu.com/

i use linux here but need windows for work, some clients of mine and some gaming… cant relly on linux for everything i need… :frowning:

edit.: ubuntu is cr$p… :stuck_out_tongue: go for fedora, solus, arch or even deepin…

Ladies and gentlemen, all I see here is speculation, speculation and more speculation.

What if Comodo hired a third party Marketing company to handle their Consumer product pages? You can tell the person that is changing every product Link from the site into 4,99/year promotion clearly don’t have a knowledge about Comodo or Computers because even the Comodo AV for Linux Link was replaced for CIS Pro 4,99/year advertisement, as if CIS Pro were also compatible with Linux… Even CCAV which is a discontinued free product was replaced into 4,99/year…

Like I said earlier, the next CIS 12 release topic will tell us for sure what is happening. Until then we can only wait for a reply from Comodo staff. Better sit while waiting, so we don’t get tired.

Also kudos to the one who mentioned Umesh and Egemen leaving Comodo recently. Those 2 made CIS into what it is today…