CIS becoming paid?

It’s already in the topic start.

I have added the working links there. When a link goes down I will strike it.

Was that supposed to be irony?

I have the feeling that this forum became some sort of “Legacy” place to users record memories and talks from mellih… It feels so abandoned… so sad…

No, the point is: They probably hired some third party agency to manage their consumer product pages, resulting in this mess. Because the people in charge of those pages clearly don’t have a clue about Comodo or Security or whatever. They even think CIS Pro is compatible with Linux… So we can’t completely rule out that CIS Premium will remain free YET, we need a reply from a Comodo staff first before jumping into any conclusion. I doubt that will happen anytime soon since the moderators told they are 6 weeks waiting for a Contact from Comodo staff.

So all we can do for now is wait. They will probably come here when a new CIS 12 build is released and we will see if they provide Links for the Free version in the topic like they always used to do. Only time will tell…

I would call that speculation. Didn’t someone on here recently take issue with speculation? Hmm…

It may seem like speculation but you can clearly notice the aggressive marketing and wording present on all Comodo consumer product pages, techniques typical from Marketing agencies… Virulent, aggressive marketing techniques. Most of the user testimonies in the pages seem to be fake because regular users don’t write like that. It’s sad that Comodo is partnering with such companies or adopting such techniques.

I mean, feel free to speculate, I take no issue with that, my point is that we can’t be 100% sure of anything at the moment.

Vitim- VoodooShield is a very clever application and works well.

ok girl… ill see what comodo says about whats going on and then, if the free becomes dead, ill try voodoo for a spin… can you provide some sort of video on how to for voodooshield free?

IMHO Melih should come here at least once per week. That way this place won’t feel like it’s abandoned.

Other staff members should be more communicative, you can notice they did come here to talk about the Forum problem, yet not a single reply in this thread or concerning this subject… Not a single line.

We got left completely in the dark here. Maybe they should merge the Enterprise Forums with this one and manage just one Forum. Would save resources and time, reducing the risk of data breaches. Recently they are clearly proving being unable to manage two Forums.

There is hardly communication with staff anymore about development of programs, features and bugs. We, moderators, hardly have any information to share with the community like we used to. The communication with Comodo used to be an organic, seamless, natural and comfortable making you forgot how special that is while enjoying it. We also noticed an appreciate an increase in the number of Staff members collecting bugs indicating Comodo is still dedicated to improve programs.

It seems like a gradual shift in culture has happened in Comodo over the years and communication with the forums seems no longer a priority. This does not reflect individual Staff members who do communicate tiny bits and pieces. The names that immediately come to mind are Shane, Mathi R and Sergiu90. Them and others who come to collect bugs or submissions are always a positive, friendly and constructive.

We dearly miss the old Comodo ways.

That’s good news. There are users who use the forum extensively with very useful posts.
I hope for further maintenance of the program.

Comodo firewall stopped working this afternoon and I tried downloading it again to reinstall it but it says it is no longer free. Is this true?

Please use the search feature as there is a topic already discussion this issue. Thus I merged it with this one.

It is still free but it so much harder to find the download link when using www.comodo.com. In the topic start we gathered download pages that provide the free versions when using www.comodo.com. But using the download link from the forums is an easier route.

Alas I am afraid that Comodo with its policy of no information sinks into an unknown future
The free I think too since no manager comes to contradict the thoughts of users on the subject in progress

I can no longer find on the website a part where you can download CIS for free.
Has it officially become a fee?

The Comodo staff has yet to comment on this subject. We can’t be 100% sure of anything currently.

Also this might be related to the problems and confusion at Comodo consumer websites:

But where do you still download the free version?
Is there still on the website?

If it has become a paid product or is becoming a paid product where is the honesty to just say so? Then we can make our own future decisions.