CIS becoming paid?

I’ve moved from frustrated with how convoluted the consumer website is, to now just amused.

So Melih, never-ever became 13 years.

That’s why we developed these products for free distribution. So you will never, ever have to pay for renewals, auto updates or subscription fees (and we mean ever)!

All good things came to an end. Eventually. Even Comodo.

Good bye then.

And the updated Manifesto posted here https://forums.comodo.com/new-member-information/comodo-manifesto-why-we-do-what-we-do-t25816.0.html;msg186265#msg186265 states :-

And for it to benefit everyone, it must be delivered as a right to everyone; not as a luxury or a privilege dependent on a person’s ability to pay! To reach this state, we intend to change behavior and help people move from not using PC security because they can’t afford it to using PC security because we give away it away for free. We intend to change people’s low expectation of not being able to authenticate anything online to being able to authenticate everything online – identities, content and even a site’s legitimacy.

We can only wait to see what is said 'Officially ’ by someone at Comodo :THNK

It’is still here

After Windows 10 1905 update my CIS Premium Free started to fail on both of my computers. Having the idea to reinstall it, I have tried to download the installer for it, but as a surprise I could not find any link for the software on comodo.com, rather just a fantastic $4.99/yr offer with credit card request form on the website.
So I thought it is time to ask someone inside, here is the uncut discussion about the issue with Geekbuddy:

We are connecting you to a support technician. Type your issue or your invitation code below. [b]Me:[/b] Hello there. [i]You are now chatting with `Esther`.[/i] [b]Esther:[/b] Welcome! This is your buddy Esther. I will be assisting you today! May I ask whom I am speaking with? [b]Me:[/b] This is ######### [b]Me:[/b] Using your softwares and services since many years now [b]Esther:[/b] How can I help you today? [b]Me:[/b] and today I ran into a bottleneck I have no solution yet, maybe you can help with that. [b]Esther:[/b] Can you explain your issue? [b]Me:[/b] As we all know M$ started to roll out Windows 10 1905 updates, that caused malfunction in Comodo Internet Security on my laptop and desktop computers [b]Esther:[/b] I can definitely help you with your issue. First let's start with some basic information. May I have your E-mail address? [b]Me:[/b] yes of course [b]Me:[/b] ############ [b]Esther:[/b] May I have a call back number so we may try to reach you in the case that the session is disconnected and doesn't reconnect automatically? [b]Me:[/b] I am way out of US, in the EU at the moment [b]Me:[/b] so I can give you a local mobile nr if that is any use for you [b]Esther:[/b] No problem [b]Me:[/b] ############# [b]Esther:[/b] Thank you. If incase this session gets disconnected then you can also double click on the Geekbuddy icon in your desktop and get reconnected or call us at 855-753-0808 and select option 2 for SUPPORT. [b]Esther:[/b] We have to install Geekbuddy to get connected in remote session. Please click the below link and install it http://download.comodo.com/lps4/lps-gb-vt-x86.msi After installing, Type the email address and click start chat. Please let me know once you are connected with one of our agent. [b]Me:[/b] alright, but for this particular issue at the moment I am not using the aforementioned problematic computers, as the Internet Security sofware was failing I put them offline for security concerns [b]Esther:[/b] Let me check it and help you [b]Me:[/b] also at this point I do not want to have a remote access geekbudy kind of service, rather some answers on the ongoing issue [b]Me:[/b] also as having the idea of just simply trying to reinstall the software I have just realized that on the comodo website under .com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php there is not anymore a freely dowloadable sotware rather just a $4.99/yr solution [b]Esther:[/b] we do have a free version [b]Esther:[/b] You can install it using below link [b]Esther:[/b] http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/7000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe [b]Me:[/b] Thank you very much, although would you please let me know where can I find it in the future on your website, because as it seems all the links to it had been erased recently [b]Esther:[/b] you are welcome.You can download it from our www.comodo.com [b]Me:[/b] I have been looking for it quite extensively on nearly all of your website subpages, without any success, I guess you are planning to roll out soon the free version, can you give me any information regarding if you are planning to do so and do you have an estimate date when you will roll out the free option? [b]Esther:[/b] you can get Comodo at $4.99 for 1 year [b]Me:[/b] yes I understand it very clearly that I can get cis premium pro for 4.99, but as previously you had cispremium free, which you still have a subpage for: https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php mentioning: "6. Is it free for business users too? Yes." but there is no link for the product anymore, nor any information you have cancelled the option. So what is the situaton regarding the free adition at the moment and in the future? [b]Esther:[/b] thank you for bringing this concern to us,We will update this details to our developers and it will bve nore clear in our website soon [b]Me:[/b] lol, still no concrete clear answer on a single question, just pc non-answer, it is sad that you are not allowed to communicate with any concrete information, anyhow I just assume that you have already rolled out the free software officially without publicly advertising it, still the product is great and the 4.99 (I guess earlybird) price is very good for the software, it is most probably unbeatable for me. So most probably I will go for it, but at least I see now that this kind of remote service is surely something I would not spend any money on. Thank you for your kind help. bye [b]Esther:[/b] you are welcome Geekbuddy

…so what is going on?! anyone with an actual answer for the issues above?

Also here https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall-new.php

Also at each release topic there is a direct link for both Online/Offline installers of CIS Premium. We need some official announcement from a Comodo staff member regarding if CIS Premium will remain free or not.

It’s funny how this topic was made in August still we got no reply regarding this subject, because of that people are now speculating it become paid. What if it’s just the website that is getting agressively optimized to advertise CIS Pro? We need a word from Comodo staff.

Confirmed.

Could one other member check this page to confirm in case we overlooked something? If a third member confirms I will edit the topic start accordingly.

How to find this page by successive transitions from the official site comodo.com? How did you find her?

Honestly, I don’t remember it. I had saved it as a favorite

Confermed. It’s removed

In the near future links will be removed, as was the case with other pages. It’s bad that they didn’t remember how they found it in order to understand the principle of deception.

I struck the link in the list in the topic start. Only two working links left.

I guess it’s better to hide the two working links left, before someone at Comodo staff notice and remove them too :wink:

Removed anyway. It is the matter of time.

Yes :-, just joking.

We could see in the forum logs who would edited. Also the post will reflect the last person who edited it. We will know who did that. They can run but they can’t hide. :wink: :P0l

it seems like comodo is really going to be only a paid software…

maybe they will release an free version with less features, like all these ■■■■ from avast, avg, zolealarm, outpost, etc… all these free softwares are a total waste of time… well, if comodo goes that route then ill end up with what security software? windows defender? … HELL!!!

It costs nothing to drop a line. This could very well be the fault of Marketing Department who is turning the Comodo.com website into a living piece of CIS Pro advertisement while the free product will continue to exist.

This entire thread is nothing more than speculation at this point. Until we get a reply from Comodo staff, we can’t be 100% sure of anything. Like I said, costs nothing to drop us a line.

For what it’s worth, I’ve messaged Melih and Shane in Private Messages pointing out this confusion and the mass of speculation here at the forum and asking for a response. As of 2 Oct 2019, no reply from either (that’s only 24 hours, so will wait a few days).

We’re in contact with Comodo as well and we are expecting a reply by tomorrow.