CIS 6 Fever

;D ;D ;D So Cis is going to get a behavior blocker, My dreams are answered… Thank you Melih and his band of developers…another level of security to keep the malware writers at bay…then full virtualization and valkerie, and who knows what else to come.

Regards
Dave1234.

No. I think an extension/add-on/plug-in would more than suffice. Downloadable and not incorporated in the CIS. I’ve had some troubles with installing CIS. At times unnoticeable. At times it takes down the net. I believe that keeping it as simple as possible, and keeping all other things optional and separate would eliminate any hassle that can happen due to the failure of one component. However, as separate entities, improvement becomes faster (primarily because problems with it are easily identified, as opposed to being in the CIS in which case, corruption of one module may corrupt the whole installation which means fixing it may be a little too difficult for the average user). Plus, removal of it does not mean another restart in case the user decides he/she has no need of it or does not want it at all.

Bitdefender’s QuickScan did it this way, or am I mistaken? And it was incorporated on the popular Click n’ Clean. Dr. Web Link Checker and VT link scanner has also trodden the same path, and is it not more convenient? Simplicity. Not that it would make it too bloated (I was referring to the CCE at this point. I have this habit of typing everything that comes to mind without minding grammar). Keeping things as simple and as basic as possible while giving out the maximum performance output is the best possible product you can achieve. A travelling man that carries too much, though he says he can never be too prepared, is often hampered in his journey by the weight of his own paranoia.

And hopefully, comodo doesn’t go down this path. ;D

Indeed…all that is coming…:slight_smile: We take your security seriously!

Any Infos about cis 6 beta, rc and the Final Version Release date

Awesome. It will be the best security app ever.

:Marry: C’mon Fanny bring on the Beta!!!

You mean egemen?
Fanny is in charge of Valkyrie department… :wink:

C’mon Egemen bring out that beta :a0

I just cant wait for the new UI in 6.0

Melih is asking for pictures of the summary screen too much? or do we have to wait. ;D

It’s still alpha => GUI can be changed during development.

the ui is going to change again? they just changed in v5.8

lol 5.8 was a minor change… 6.0 is will be major UI overhaul… If im correct 6.0 will have the UI that was meant for version 4. But don’t quote me on that.

The interface can change and improve always, on version 6,7,8 and etc. :wink:

sounds great
i really want to see it

Screengrabs please Egemen 8)

man cis v6 just seems more and more promising.
we are slowly getting info on the new features.

local bahavior blocker

full virtualization of sandbox

comodo cloud av which will have valkyrie. (idk what else ccav will have)

im sure secure dns will be out of beta by then which will have content filter and site inspector (which act as a web filter)

Killswitch integration

it sounds like a new overhauled GUI

Melih has talked about a file rating system but idk if it will be in v6

Some sort of a file rating system...yes most definitely...we are actively discussing the architecture within the development teams.

i also read that either cis or cce is getting a feature to repair files that were patched by virut/sality next week

idk if this is all the new features we will see only time will tell. This new version of cis sounds like its going to be amazing. no other security suite will stand a chance against cis

The local behavior blocker will be part of D+ or of the AV?
It would be better if it’s part of D+ so the users that don’t use the AV still will benefit from it.

im hoping it will be defense+
it wouldnt make to much sense to put it into the av

And no idea at the firewall? ???
for example network attacks section can be add to the firewall, to network attacks such as port scan and network worms and etc.