CIS 6 Fever

thanks Melih, sounds great, CIS version 6 really looking forward to it, can you tell us anymore about behaviour blocker, thank you :-TU

Cis in its present form has been shown to be vulnerable to certain types of malware, bypassing it entirely.An extra layer of security such as a behavior blocker would beef things up even more in my opinion. Something like Mamatu from Emsi would at least give another level of protection to catch what a compromised defence plus/ sandbox may miss.That being said Comodo are about to virtualize the sand box and also bring valkerie into the fold to beef things up even more so perhaps the devs think a behavior blocker is unessasary.

After saying all of the above nothing is 100% and malware will always find a way of getting past even the best forms of security. Its a matter of the developers trying to keep one step ahead at all times… fix the bypasses until another comes along and fix that.you cannot have too much security as long as it does not cause your computer to slow and grind to a halt… which can be acheived by balancing those measures and apps in terms of Ram/Cpu used by such apps, with the level of security it provides.

Regards
Dave1234.

its all about how many malware can bypass your security…

CIS tries to keep that number to lowest possible…(if you compare how many malware can bypass a traditional AV products…and compare it with CIS…its day and night…)

Melih

Yes, I agree. And COMODO dont need to purchase software of any other Vendors. COMODO is capable of delivering better products. And they have proved this. Many more coming soon as all of us know.

Comodo is the best.

Thanxx
Naren

will this come as a standalone product at first? or is it going to be integrated into v6

I also hope that CIS will stay lightweight and won’t become bloated with unnecessary things. So I hope CIS will never do what Kaspersky did with it’s suite :stuck_out_tongue: I actually like Killswitch. Having it in the suite would be not needed tho. Its a very nice tool to run it from time to time but 90% of people won’t ever need it or know what to do with it. People who know about this tool will know where to get it.

A behaviour blocker would be nice (as addition to the HIPS). Web-protection maybe isn’t needed as there is ComodoDNS.

Right now I feel very safe with CIS + Mbam pro (real + web protection) + Comodo/Norton DNS.

A whole sandboxie-like virtualization would be nice. But I guess it would have to be easier for usage than Sandboxie is. It is kinda annoying to have two firefox folders… one on my realsystem and one in the sandboxie folder and also complicated for the average user.

Full virtualization already exists in the manual sandbox. However, unlike Sandboxie, you can’t have CIS automatically clear the contents of the sandbox for you when you close a sandboxed application.

From what egemen has indicated to me, the BB is based on CIS and being implemented (in CIS I suppose)…

I guess it will be in the upcoming Comodo Cloud AV Beta.

Thanxx
Naren

iyaaaa :slight_smile: i know, but Symantec not really develope ThreatFire … so… it was only a little idea… dreaming … giving inspiration :wink:

what do you mean its based on CIS?

this would be great to see. since all comodo products have some type of zero day protection. the firewall/av come with defense +. it would make sense to have BB with cloud av.

Don’t know since it is what egemen wrote :cry:

Hmm but where are my sandboxed files? E.g. if I sandbox firefox? I have experienced in the past that sandboxing java with comodo will break java in my browser :S

can you quote what you referring to?

It was a PM…

C:\VritualRoot

It’s a hidden folder, so you’ll need to show hidden files/folders to see it.

ok thanks. well maybe Melih will clear this up if not then i guess we will have to wait for the release and see

Alright thanks :slight_smile: A little sandboxing tutorial would be nice… e.g. I have no idea with which settings I should sandbox my pdf-reader,java,browser,messengers,etc so that they will be secure but still work without any problems.

I don’t use it, so I don’t have any configuration tips.