CFP 3.0.8.214 Beta is now available for download! [Closed]

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you know that CFP 3.0.8.214 BETA is available for download

What’s New in CFP 3.0.8.214:
• FIXED! CFP forgets the settings/rules/predefined policies after a system restart
• FIXED! Invalid filtering behaviors caused by My Blocked Network Zones
• FIXED! CFP.exe crashes while working with network/computer policies
• FIXED! IP addresses are shown reversed byte order
• FIXED! CFP.exe crashes while using P2P applications like Shareza, Bitcomet etc.
• FIXED! File submission utility crashes under certain cases
• FIXED! File scanner utility crashes under certain cases
• FIXED! Numerous bugs reported in the forums
• ADDED! Updater functionality to BETA releases

Known Issues:
• CFP causes BSOD(SESSION_INITIALIZATION_FAILED) during booting if “Block all the unknown requests while the application is closed” option is selected in Defense+ Settings page.
• “What do these settings do?” items are not active
• Firewall Stealth Configuration wizard does not override the previously created global rules
• Diagnostics utility reports incorrect issues in Windows Vista

Download Locations:
Windows XP/Vista 32 Bit
http://download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x32_BETA.exe (18.5 MB (19,451,632 bytes))

Windows XP/Vista 64 bit(x64/AMD64)
http://download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x64_BETA.exe (40.1 MB (42,118,896 bytes))

thanks
(CLY)
Melih

[b]-=READ BELOW=-[/b]
[b]Edit by gibran:[/b]

CFP V3 will be added to Windows Security Center after a final version will be released.

Please DO remember to report only ONE bug per post.
Please DO remember to add those informations to all bugs you post in the Beta Corner Expecially for BSODs[.

[ol]- Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs

• Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version
  • Affected CFP3 Component (GUI/Defense+/Firewall/Compatibility issue and so on…)
  • Affected Software/Version (if the bug doesn’t affect window itself)
  • Brief description of the problem (Attach screeshots/Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed)
  • Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable)[/ol]

Bugreporting threads:

If you have any problem related to CFPV3 Configuration or you have a question about how CFP works post in the “Discussions on how CFP 3 Beta works” topic.

If you are using Comodo’s default safelist (you have not profiled the entire system or defined a custom safelist) and have popups from an application/executable, please be sure to submit it to Comodo for analysis using Miscellaneous/Manage My Profiles/I would like to Submit Files to Comodo for Analysis mentioning the name of the application and internet page (if applicable) so that it can be analyzed for inclusion to a future version of the safelist.

If you wish to suggest a Workaround to an existing Bug Post there to make your workaround available to othere testers in a sticky locked topic.

If you are using Comodo’s default safelist (you have not profiled the entire system or defined a custom safelist) and have popups from an application/executable, please be sure to submit it to Comodo for analysis using Miscellaneous/Manage My Profiles/I would like to Submit Files to Comodo for Analysis mentioning the name of the application and internet page (if applicable) so that it can be analyzed for inclusion to a future version of the safelist.

Since it’s a recurring question I would like to share some of my Firewall rules and policies.

Firewall\Common Tasks\My Network Zones

• Local Area Network
    IP in [your network IP Mask (eg 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0)]
    IP 0.0.0.0
    IP 255.255.255.255

• Internet-wide Multicast
    IP in 224.0.1.0-238.255.255.255

• Special & Local Multicast
    IP in 224.0.0.0-224.0.0.255
    IP in 239.0.0.0-239.255.255.255

Firewall\Advanced\Predefined Firewall Policies

• LAN
    Allow IP In From In [Local Area Network] To IP Any Where Protocol Is Any
    Allow IP Out From IP Any To In [Local Area Network] Where Protocol Is Any
    Allow IP In From In [Special & Local Multicast] To IP Any Where Protocol Is Any
    Allow IP Out From IP Any To In [Special & Local Multicast] Where Protocol Is Any
    Block and Log All Unmatching Requests

• LAN & Outgoing
    Allow IP In From In [Local Area Network] To IP Any Where Protocol Is Any
    Allow IP Out From IP Any To In [Local Area Network] Where Protocol Is Any
    Allow IP In From In [Special & Local Multicast] To IP Any Where Protocol Is Any
    Allow IP Out From IP Any To In [Special & Local Multicast] Where Protocol Is Any
    Allow TCP or UDP Outgoing Requests

• Web Browsers with FTP capabilities by georgeB
    Allow Outgoing TCP Requests
    Allow Outgoing DNS Requests
    Allow Incoming FTP-DATA Requests

• Ftp Clients by georgeB
    Allow Outgoing TCP Requests
    Allow Outgoing DNS Requests
    Allow Incoming FTP-DATA Requests

Firewall\Advanced\Network Security Policies\Application Rules

• Svchost - LAN & Outgoing
  • System - LAN & Outgoing
  • Explorer - LAN

Firewall\Advanced\Network Security Policies\Global Rules

• Allow and Log TCP or UDP Out From IP Any to IP Any Where Source Port Is In [Privileged Ports] And Destination Port Is Any
  • Allow TCP or UDP Out From IP Any to IP Any Where Source Port Is Not In [Privileged Ports] And Destination Port Is Any
  • Allow IP out from Any IP to Any IP where the protocol is GRE
  • Allow ICMP Out From From IP Any to IP Any Where ICMP Message Is ECHO REQUEST
  • Allow ICMP In From From IP Any to IP Any Where ICMP Message Is ECHO REPLY
  • Allow ICMP In From From IP Any to IP Any Where ICMP Message Is TIME EXCEEDED
  • Allow ICMP In From From IP Any to IP Any Where ICMP Message Is FRAGMENTATION NEEDED

Last Step Should be to use Firewall\Common Tasks\Firewall Stealth Configuration and Choose “I would like to be completely visible from whitin a trusted network” and allow [Local Area Network] and [Special & Local Multicast]

Feel free to point out any error or add any suggestion.

NOTE: When you add your private IP range to yout [Local Area Network] Zone don’t forget to add Your Network Address (usually ending with .0) and Brodcast Address (usually ending with .255) Using IP Masks or IP Ranges

eg: Network Address: 10.0.0.0, Brodcast Address: 10.255.255.255
IP Mask 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
IP Range 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255

[b]Edit by Soya:[/b] Please uninstall any existing CFP version before installing this to avoid stability issues.

hello
great but get the dreaded 404 so link correct?
thanks

(:CLP) good

Great just downloaded, installing in a minute… :slight_smile:

Wonderful!
:BNC :BNC :BNC
Wonderful!
:BNC :BNC :BNC
Wonderful!

:BNC (:CLP) Thanks for the update, Melih!

FIXED! CFP forgets the settings/rules/predefined policies after a system restart . FIXED! Invalid filtering behaviors caused by My Blocked Network Zones . FIXED! CFP.exe crashes while working with network/computer policies . FIXED! IP addresses are shown reversed byte order . FIXED! CFP.exe crashes while using P2P applications like Shareza, Bitcomet etc.
hello Thanks +50
good job

(V) Thank you!

I know a Thank You is in order, but I don’t thin it quite says how much we appreciate your effort !!! (R)

How should I upgrade to this version from the previous beta - do I just install over the top, or do I have to uninstall the previous version first.

Does it remember the current settings, or do I need to export settings somehow first?

Appreciate Comodo Team~!
Thanks for the great work!

Thnx COMODO (:CLP)

Valid question. Whenever installing to a non-finalized version, it is strongly suggested that the existing version be uninstalled first to avoid stability issues. I added this comment on Melih’s announcing post, as well as edited the listing to features/etc. to make it more viewable.

Great , thanks (:CLP)

These are really usefull updates. Thank you Melih! (:CLP)

Forgot to say: keep up the good job, guys! :■■■■

ps: When will you make it possible to start the localization job?

You guys are really great!! Thank you for your hard work and all the effort you made to give us the fantastic firewall (and even more)!!

(L)

Going to test right now, but even I already know that (R)! (:LOV)

I think once we have all the bugs cleared, then the team can concentrate on localization…

Melih

Can I install this “over the top”, or do I need to uninstall the last beta first?

UNINSTALL!!! ;D

Please see Soya’s Edit to the original post with the download links…

LM