CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Questions about how it works

I should be able to find the answer to this,but i can’t
Are we,from now on,going to be able to download RC2 or whatever straight on top of RC 1.
Thanks for a great Firewall
I feel sure that it will become the industry standard very quickly
Best Regards

Is that planned for the final 3.0 version or to be added some time later after CFP 3 is released? Because the firewall’s at RC1 and there have been no releases of the two merged programs.

That will be after CFP 3 final as stated by Comodo on one of the earlier betas.

Could anybody tell me how to set a rule block a EXE was created in ‘Temporary Internet Files’ folder ?

I cann’t find way.

Hi,

Even with CFW RC1 windows updates for vista won’t install. Do we really need to un-installed comodo everytime Microsoft release an update? or is there a work around for this?

In other Comodo versions you could add a trusted network, I think. However I can’t find a similar option in v3. How do I set the rules necessary for media sharing across my private network, and what should these rules be? Also Comodo is blocking a few internal network activities activities from svchost.exe, is this normal?

Thanks!

Hi all.

hoping I’m in the right thread,just a question: I haven’t been in the forum for a while so forgive me if the question has already been asked in an another thread: during the setup you’re being asked whether you want or don’t want to use the safe application database for the firewall. I answered yes. But what if I want to change that later? I didn’t find any setting for this in the interface. Thanks for your help.

That should be Defense+ paranoid mode I guess.

I’ve swich on my PC few minutes ago…“goodmorning” …Casually I go in Firewall>Vew Fiewall Eents and I found this:

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2899/whatrthiscomodoupmk5.th.jpg

Strange, I’ve disabled all voices in Miscellaneus>Setting>Update so what is this?

RC1
WinXP Pro All Patch

You have to define few Network zones and the create a trusted network using Stealth port wizard.

Either a bug or a manual update

Thanks for your answer but I don’t think the Defense + paranoid mode has anything to do with that. I was talking about the firewall safe application database, that already existed in version 2.4, allowing all apps belonging to it to connect without prompting the user, as long as no “unusual” transaction occurs. Again, I’m referring to the firewall, not the HIPS.

Never used CAVS HIPS, but until Comodo archieve real inter-product modularity you should only use one HIPS.
I don’t know how CAVS Hips works but Defense+ handle V3 protection too so you have to configure CAVS HIPS in order to carry on V3 D+tasks as well

Then that should be Custom mode. the safelist is shared among the two components.
D+ covers loopback and DNS client connections too

You absolutely should disable CAVS HIPS, as you can’t run two HIPS at the same time without risking to have them conflict on the kernel control. And yes, Defense + IS a HIPS, and a very good one. So if you want to run it, stopping the one you used before is your only choice. Hope that helps.

yeah, the custom mode under the firewall settings seems more appropriate. I already thought about it but it wasn’t clear whether the safe apps database would be ignored in that case. It probably is after all.

updating: that was it. I cleared all allowed entries from the firewall application rules and I’m getting a bunch of firewall alerts in custom mode, which is exactly what I wanted.

I really don’t think that an RC will ever allow you to upgrade directly to the next version.

Thanks

Plese refrain to open new topics in the beta corner. Look at NOTICE: Moved Posts (AKA My topic isn’t here anymore).

Like it was suggested on top of this page you can simply resubmit you question. You’ll only have to edit you previous post and copy&paste the content in a new one.
You can also change the subject. So it will be easy to track your replies.

If you wish to cooperate and you are willing to do something that will benefit other members too, please feel free to compile a FAQ for this beta and I’ll make sure you will going to post in a new sticky topic.

…mhhh, Not manual Update, sure, U assicure me that 2 IP address R ok?

Sy guys, I found: eMule X-Ray mod is the incrimined application with a like troyan or malware behaviour.