CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Questions about how it works

Thank you for the answers.

I have had both Comodo HIPS running since I installed RC1 - No conflict or suggestion of a conflict whatsoever.

John

Hi John

Good feedback. Is that with both apps set to ignore each other? Also what mode is CFP 3s D+ set to? Clean PC? Train with Safe?

I checked those addresses. Those are not from comodo.

Please verify cfpupdat.exe Digital signature

Hi kail

Both apps are in default. CAVS HIPS is set to Medium and CFP D+ is set to Clean PC Mode. I have not set either one to ignore the other.

John

You absolutely should disable CAVS HIPS, as you can't run two HIPS at the same time without risking to have them conflict on the kernel control. And yes, Defense + IS a HIPS, and a very good one. So if you want to run it, stopping the one you used before is your only choice. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answers.

Got a new question: I have already looked in other threads and didn’t find anything so: I just can’t figure out how to allow UPNP when CFP 3 is activated (both firewall and defender+). The corresponding network components are installed in Windows, the services, SSDP Discovery and UPNP, are started. But:
MSN messenger shows a non-UPNP port restricted NAT, my router doesn’t show up in Network Places, the gateway connection doesn’t show up either in Network Connections either.
I’ve had an alert from the Firewall to allow a UPNP dll to run, can’t find it in the the rules (there seems to be no Network Component rules interface anymore in this new CFP version).
I have set my Ethernet adapter in a trusted zone. Any help would be appreciated. If there’s a rule that I should setup manually, thanks for letting me know which one.

You have to define few Network zones and the create a trusted network using Stealth port wizard.

Oops I just forgot that. Please look at this old topic

You can apply all these rules except the Web and ftp ones.

thanks but like I said, I’ve already done that.

How do I make it so defense+ doesn’t make the same entries for boclean over and over in training mode?

It makes the same ones everytime i turn on my computer and I have like over 100 boclean entries in the computer security policy. I tried to put it as trusted application but that doesn’t work.

Same with the network security policy with train with safe mode, if I put it as trusted application or anything it’ll go BOC4UPD.exe could not be recognized and is trying to access the internet.

Tnx for feedback.
Found problem: eMule X-Ray mod(. A few monts ago I experienced a Dos intrusion under jetico 1.x protection, I was think for the old firewall, but now, with COMODO, I’ve see where was the problem. So tnx and sry for false alarm. :wink:

Hi Malva00 - The problem can be handled in two ways: The next time you get a pop-up for BOclean, click the radio button beside “Treat this program as” and select “Trusted program” in the drop-down beside that. If that does not work, you would have to open the firewall and select the Defense+ button. On that window, select “My Own Safe Files” and then “Add” from that dialog window and then “Browse Running Processes”. Locate the BOCore and BOC425 processes (you will have to add each separately) and add them. I don’t know if the “Browse” option works properly yet - I have found that it only gives me a view of my Desktop and no way to browse the file system.

None of those solutions work. Still not remembered by firewall or defense+

Hi,
I installed 3.0.11.246 with spyware doctor as unlike the previous version it did not bring up a compatibility warning.
However, after doing a spyware scan, spyware doctor claims that I have two infections. Keenvalue and a keylogger called Hackdoor.Hackdoor. According to spyware doctor these files are in the Comodo common folder.

Can I belive spyware doctor that my system is comprimised, or is it a false report?

I have included a couple of screen shots of the spyware doctor reports. Please advise me if these files are Comodos or not so I can either ignore them or clean them off my computer.

Ps. Sorry if this is in the wrong post. but I don’t see it as a first impression, nor do I see it as a bug or such.
(:SAD)

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

That is a know issue please submit a full bugreport in the appropriate thread.
You should have multiple entries with short paths (like progra~1)

Glad you found the issue.

Please share the details with us and submit eMule X-Ray mod to comodo noticing them it is a malware.
cfpupdat.exe should be protected by V3 so if we understand how the security was broken then it would be possible to
know if a bugreport is needed.

If they are short path entries like gibran suggested (progra~1) you can stop them by ticking the box, (Block all unknown requests if the application is closed)
The only problem with this it can cause problems with user switching.
Dennis

I cannot see the first screenshot but the second is a false positive.

Thanks,

I thought they probably were, but had to check as I am paranoid about keyloggers. :BNC

When I add a directory for a D+ allow rule, CPF always adds the directory as DirectoryName*. I’m not sure what this is supposed to accomplish. How does this compare to DirectoryName*

Also, how does one include all subdirectories below a parent directory?

edited:
apparently using the * in the ways mentioned above will include all subdirectories, so let me rephrase my question:

How does one exclude all subdirectories below a parent directory?

I assume there will be some detailed explanations using wildcards for rule creation in the final product

Al

[attachment deleted by admin]