CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Questions about how it works

The blocked accesses to port 6881 may be due to a torrent download attempting to contact your computer to provide portions of the torrent. That port is used by FDM for torrent connections. There is also the possibility that a port scanner is looking for open ports, with the known likely ports being focussed on.

Thank you Gibran for your reply :slight_smile: The issue will be fixed in the next version?

Out of curisioty for others’ benefit (in case they’re caught in your situation), you would mind showing off your answer?

Clean install of: CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1

Installation OK, no problems, First I removed the beta version and all traces of it, even the folder in /program files/COMODO so its a fresh install, (:AGL) after re-booting it complained about a missing file… cfpres.dll :THNK it was not on /program files/COMODO/firewall (:NRD) BUT I found a copy of it in the “Repair” folder, So just coy it to the COMODO folder and tried again and voila! (:WIN) it started just fine, no problems at all, very impressive firewall, nice work! :BNC (R) (B)

Hi Averno,
That missing file issue can appear only when you uninstall firewall and before installing again you don’t re-start system. A system ‘Restart’ is a must before you install again.
The simple reason is that certain files remain locked while uninstalling firewall and placed to be removed on next system re-start, so when you install firewall again and re-start system, those filse are removed. In addition to that it’s always safe to re-start system after you have uninstalled firewall.

Thanks
-umesh

Yes, you´re right “UMESH” I did it to save one re-start (:SHY) But experience dictates it shold be done the way you described. (:WIN)

I also noticed a little increase in the amount of memory used in this version, not a big difference from previous beta version, but anyway is a little more.

cfp.exe - 7,712kb
cmdagent.exe - 4,280kb

Not bad anyway, since a use utorrent and eMule a lot!

Thanks a lot!
Averno

I have a question. After submitting all the files found in the “waiting for review” section of the firewall shouldn’t they disappear ?
I’ve submitted them but Comodo still says: “5 files waiting for your review”

The second issue I want to ask about… I have defined Firefox as Web browser, but I can’t access any ftp using it that way. If I set it as Trusted Application it works. Could I set it to use both policies: “Web browser and ftp client” and how ?

allow Outgoing predefined policy allow passive ftp and http connections.

You have to remove those file from the list or move them to your safe or quarantined files lists.

Vista Ultimate on a Toshiba P205, Avast. Running as Administrator. Trying to export configuration gives error message “Unable to Export Configuration-Make sure you have enough rights for this path” no matter the path. What needs to be done? Didn’t work in 3.0.10 either.

Does it fail to save also in My documents folder? Or the shared documents folder?

Anyway this is a sideeffect of Vista privileges handling.
A tester found a workaround. You need to close CFP and run it as Administrator (use right click)

There isn’t an option to import them from a list so I had to add mine all over again. :frowning: After that I exported all the settings, thinking they must be unified in one single config which makes sense, and then I opened the config in notepad and searched for anything hinding to the names of safe files. I couldn’t find anything. Are Safe Files saved or savable anymore?

If you use (right click Run as a Administrator) do not tick the box Block all unknown requests if the application is closed because this stops you using the Run as Administrator command.
Dennis

Vista Ultimate. Avast!, Defender. Trying to export hit so many snags I think I’ll wait for the final. >:( Tried the “run as adminstrator”, and when I rebooted Comodo would no longer load and stopped loading of following processes. Everything except Comodo seemed to work could manually load the other startup tasks; just no firewall. Comodo loaded a 44KB stub for cfe.exe along with cmdagent.exe service and stopped. The process and service could not be terminated and restarted; got an error message saying not authorized. So unistalled from safe mode. Went to regedit 32 to remove references to Comodo. Couldn’t uninstall the LEGACY keys though? Why not? When I rebooted, there is still a Comodo Firewall Miniport 3 listed as a device in DU Meter, and Security Center is still getting an indication that CFP is on. Could have lived with all that, but tried running as adminstrator again. Forgot to terminate the existing CFP first; executing CFP again spawned a second copy with the same 44KB stub, same problems, same solution. Currently using Windows Firewall and a false indication of CFP. So for now, questions are:

1. How do I get the false CFP indicator out of Security Center?
  2. How do get rid of the LEGACY keys?
  3. How do I get rid of the CFP miniport as a device?

If I can figure out how to do these things, then I might try the next RC, otherwise wait for final.

I can only help you with the Legacy keys.
You have change the permissions to be able to delete them.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis2, but I can’t seem to get that right either. I find the LEGACY key with regedit, go to permissions/advanced and change the owner expicitly to me (sded instead of administrator, since I am logged on that way as the administrator). Then when I try to change the owners rights to control all, I get another line for owners rights with all the permissions. But still am not allowed to save the permissions. Maybe step by step for one of them when you have time? I’ll just get them back when I reinstall Comodo, but would like to know how to do it anyway. The Security Center is really of most interest. Thanks; Ed.

Vista Ultimate. Tried yet another reinstall of RC1. This time the firewall was hosed again, and the diagnostics didn’t work-back to where I started. So unistalled it again without going to safe mode. This time Only the Windows Firewall shows up, along with the Comodo Miniport in DU Meter. The restored Windows Firewall-the “Advanced” tab only shows the dialup and VPN networks as selectable objects; the LAN networks are not listed. Also Device Manager stopped working-no longer lists devices. All the installing and rebooting seems to have wreaked havoc. So went back to a previous disk image with 3.0.10. Tried the right click and admininstrator privileges; rebooted and again got the unusable cfp.exe stub, Comodo didn’t load although this image was otherwise working perfectly. Uninstalled Comodo and went back to Windows firewall. See you when it’s final (I’ll make another Acronis image before I try it). :wink: Too many installation problems for my system.

In cfp RC1 the defense+ is similar with HIPS, is it true?
In such a case is there an advantage to disable the HIPS Application control at CAVS 2.0.17.58 and trust in CFP RC1 defense+ only? Or should I activate both of these modules?
Thanks in advance and sorry if such a question already asked before.

Hello all!

I would like to know if Comodo Memory Guardian will be a part of CFP 3.0 or not. Anyone knows?

Thanks! (S)

From what i have read… Yes Comodo Memory Guardian will be in CFP 3.0