Bug Found in Comodo Website

i have found bug in comodo website and i want to report it to the comodo security team. can you give me their email so i could report bug to them.

I would contact EdGQ2

What’s the idea behind removing the “For Home” section on Comodo Home Page?
Consumers and Home users cannot access those products anymore on Comodo Home Page. How do potentially new consumers and home users know about the existance of the “For Home” products including the release of “New CIS 2024”. Not everyone knows the existance of this forum, let alone they know where to download “For Home” products on this forum.

1 Like

Hi!

Everything is on the Comodo Russian website. Go to “Comodo Products” and select the Comodo Internet Security.

“For Home” should be available globally or Comodo should remove it globally.

@CISfan if you look better there are 3 buttons For Bussines,For Home and for Partners

There are no buttons at the top of the Comodo Home Page : www.comodo.com

indeed, there is no evidence of an “for home” section on the site. it seems there are no more home products. and this forum we are right now doesnt seems to exists too as there is no evidence of it on the www.comodo.com site. so, maybe this forum is an scam one? an fake forum? well, if there is no mention of it on the company site, i can not trust it as official, right?

edit.: and before some mod come here to erradicate this post, prove that what im stating here is wrong. there is no evidence of this forum on the main site of the company. there is no evidence of an home product on the main site of the company. on the main site comodo says that ceo is Ken Levine…

It is strange that all of the Home product links are not accessible directly on comodo.com. For the Home products you can go to https://antivirus.comodo.com/ There should be a link to that page from the main page. The site has been a mess for a long time, but this is just crazy.

In my opinion, the Comodo website has always been problematic. It is overly complicated and non-intuitive. There is too much distracting sales-pitch fluff and needless sub-menus, which makes it very difficult to find the specific information you are looking for.
Also, the Comodo website seemed devoted to paying customers (primarily businesses), so the free software tended to be buried in an obscure (almost impossible to find) webpage.

I suspect that the Comodo Website was not updated, and instead, time was spent on the Xcitium website and forums. It seems odd to me that the homepage of the Comodo website does not have a big, obvious statement saying something like “Comodo business products have been re-branded as Xcitium. Business owners click here to see how Xcitium can help you”.

And then just below that, another statement saying something like “Comodo still offers security products for consumers.” Then, hopefully, they can make the website less inundated with sales-pitch stuff, and create a more direct, to-the-point interface.

It would be great if Comodo/Xcitium improved their websites.
But, for now, I hope they focus on getting out the new CIS…

2 Likes

Not correct.
The latest recent versions of Comodo Home Page always had those buttons at the top of the page even on the most recent one. As said, the buttons got removed from the current Comodo Home Page shortly after the “New CIS 2024” announcement which to me (and perhaps to others as well) is a silent Comodo statement that “For Home” has been discontinued. Unfortunately Comodo has the habit to not announce abandoned products and just let this forum linger on till eternity.

Trust me nobody was even thinking about doing the above. Relax.

I should have been more specific: I suspect Comodo has not done a comprehensive update for their Website. Nonetheless, I use the term “update” to mean a major change in content or format, and not just removing a couple links.

I don’t spend much time on the Comodo website, but as I recall, Comodo has previously removed links or buried pages in way that seemed a bit sneaky. So, I’ll take your word for it that Comodo removed buttons/links…it is consistent with what I saw in the past.

I do not have any insider info about Comodo or their website.
But I am a CIS user who wants a free, fully-functional update of CIS in the near future.
If I finally get that, then perhaps I will shift some attention to their website.

We got a little off topic here…this thread is about the expected CIS update, and not about the website. If users want to continue discussing the website, please start a new topic (perhaps a “Suggestions for Improving the Comodo Website” thread). That way, constructive criticism and suggestions about the website can be compiled under a relevant heading, and can be more easily reviewed. Hopefully the Comodo staff will read through any suggestions, and seriously consider them.

1 Like

No need for a new topic. Comodo staff will read all what has been said above and they can respond to it.
If the buttons or a “For Home” link do not return on the Comodo Home Page then we know enough.

Enough has been said about it.

After perusing through the antivirus section of the site, I think it would be easier to just start fresh. There’s dead links, discontinued products, and the browser section can’t decide whether Comodo Ice Dragon is a Firefox based application or Chromium, but either way, you get Comodo Dragon because Ice Dragon is discontinued. I was completely unable to find a download link for CIS Premium.

But, yeah, this is all a secondary concern to getting the next release done, but certainly after they will want to focus on that so average end users will be able to find it.

There have been issues with the website a number of times

https://forums.comodo.com/t/firewall-no-longer-part-of-cis-free/318881/2

https://forums.comodo.com/t/links-to-free-cis-are-missing-on-comodos-website/319289/36

But as always, download links are accessible through the Forums. Annoying, yes but a quick internet search take you to the various product pages. My guess is that we’ll see website updates when the next version comes out.

1 Like

hi
i just wanted to say that the site comodo.com is really outdated/mostly not working
why not rebuild Comodo site with the upcoming release of cis 2024
xcitium for business stuff and Comodo should be focused on the home user

all of the outdated / no longer supported program should be removed
a site should be simple and focused on the main currently developed products

regards

100% spot on!..we do share your view.

2 Likes

Hi CISfan,

The “For Home” button is available now.
Kindly check it.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

2 Likes

That’s great, it’s there when I view the page.

I’d love to see Free Internet Security button rather than Activate Now and for the download link to be the Free Version.

Would also love to see Firewall in the Home Products list and link to https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall.php or just the option when you go to the Internet Security page to download the Firewall as a standalone.

Thanks for fixing the website.