Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 Hotfix Version is Released !

Goiod question :slight_smile: This is new tech to protect you from File-less scripts please see this sticky:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/why-are-all-these-comodocreated-batch-files-getting-sandboxed-t117693.0.html

Can I install directly over 8.4?

Thanks very much for the feedback. This is currently being reviewed, as I understand it, though I cannot guarantee anything.

If I understand correctly (with CFW only install) - 1. Files autosanboxed - Autosandbox alert mention "Run virtually", right? 2. Files detected by Cloud AV - Alert is same (same look) But mention "Blocked", right? So alert will mention "Run virtually" for files autosandboxed & "Blocked" for files detected by Cloud AV (with CFW only install), right?

That sound right to me but I don’t have CFW, sorry. Can anyone else confirm?

Kind regards

Mouse

Thanks very much for the feedback.

It still has the usual "adaptive mode hogs the system making it completely unresponsive" bug that can be solved by unchecking adaptive mode,
Interesting, please report as a bug if you have not already.
I still cannot make qBittorent work properly with torrent rulesets as advised in the configuration, and have to use "allowed app" rules
I suspect this means that qTorrent needs different ports opening. Please post the issue in Firewall help, and someone should assist you.
, it BSOD my PC once due to the inspect.sys bug, and it shows me this when updating:
I am very sorry this happened. Please urgently report this as a bug on the bugs board. If you have a full memory dump from this BSOD, please be sure to keep it.
But I like it. :)

I am very glad.

Kind regards

Mouse

Yes you can. Kind regards. Mouse

Buket is checking. Could you please make a bug report in standard format on the bugs board while I seek this information?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Mike

There is a customise choice on a tab at about stage 2-3 of the installer. However it is a bit easy to miss. Please tell us if you cannot find it after trying again.

Kind regards

Mouse

Yes I have to say I love SS it too. :■■■■ :■■■■. Did all my Xmas shopping on last years version including lots of ■■■■!

Thanks very much for your feedback, the notification issue is under review, I understand.

Kind Regards

When will update arrive for existing v10 users?

Sorry you are having this problem. Please make a bug report in standard format on the bugs board.

Also there is a GUI glitch in the Advanced Settings. When I try to edit a rule and click on it to edit it the line move upwards or downwards automatically. This is awful since I want to keep the rules in the order they are created to see the latest created rules easy. I am currently using the good old Modern Skin if that does matters. (probably the drag and drop is too sensitive or something else).
Sorry also about this, please make a bug report in standard format on the bugs board.
Also please add a button to clean the content of the Unblock applications area without the need to unblock them to clean it up. Also I am agree with what z0mbak said here:
This wish has already been logged and likely will be provided in future, though I cannot guarrante this.
"IMHO, all that the "Unblock Application" feature must do when releasing the application from it's "cage" is to DROP the app to unknown state and wait for next users choice on this app. "
Not sure I agree, but I do think that some refinement is needed. I would go for two additions 1) a warning when unblocking malware 2) the option to create and open for editing a more specific rule that allows only the alerted action

However please do make a wish report regarding your suggestion, as others may prefer it.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Thanks very much for the feedback.

Kind regards

Mouse

You should only receive a notification on the first occasion you run a file, also they time out after a short while. Maybe one of these is what is happening? If not please make a bug reportin standard format on the bugs board.

Many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

The build is not yet being supplied on autoupdate - as I understand it.

Kind regards

Mouse

Thank you! :-[ I was looking at the tick-boxes and didn’t notice the tabs.
BTW, does Secure Shopping work in browsers other than Dragon?

almost everything is great on this build (atleast for me and my the computers im installing it) but there 2 little things that remains: the popup alerts that are not showed and we need an option to “ask to trust or sandbox unknow files” instead of auto sandboxing.

we already have an wish request for the second thing but so far no news on that…

Thanks, Mike. I filled the bug report.

every time i open opera browser its run with sandbox i unblock it, but always it run in sandbox.i should disable auto sandbox

Thanks very much - best way to get it fixed :slight_smile:

You have to add the batch file to trusted files - I think maybe unblock has not caught up yet!

Yes all the main browsers (FF,Chrome, IE), though Dragon is the most secure. You can set this in SS settings. You can also set it to use the default browser. Not sure what happens if the default browser is not one of the main ones, I guess if it still works it may be less secure. Possibly close variants of the above may work.

Firefox implementation was less secure in the last build due to a bug that meant the browser did not open a private Window, but it may be fixed this build. Have not yet tested, sorry.

Kind regards

Mouse

Thanks for your feedback

Could you give a bit more detail please or reference any previous post?

Many thanks in anticipation

Mouse