Adblocker from Comodo - Windows, IOS and Android

If you like problems, slow updates & bug fixes and Comodo names on everything… here is the real reason to use Comodo products, so Adblocker. >:-D

Hi yigido,
Comodo is no different than any other software creator in regards to bugs, updates, etc.
Innovation can sometimes cause extra issues or delays, which are expected regardless of the name.

Thanks.

I love Comodo, please do not doubt :slight_smile: But if the vendor name is Comodo, these extra issues or delays are not rare, they are often.

Like I said “no different than any other”.
BTW: I don’t doubt it, but others might. :wink:

Back to Jon79s question, well it comes down to personal preference and who you are happy to support. :slight_smile:

because we release more often and we release more products…

as pro-rata, i don’t think you will find a massive difference. Just chill and enjoy Comodo protection :slight_smile: You know we work for you 24/7/365 and always listen to you.

I understand you Melih. I know you work for users and please do not forget that users also works and spend their time on using Comodo products to give feedbacks, bug reports and wishes. They are sending samples…etc.
This is mutualism :wink:

Appreciation definitely goes both ways, this goes without saying. :wink:

Will it support Windows Edge?

Comodo Chromodo and Dragon say that AdBlocker for Desktop is Malicious and wont let me download it !!!

It is very common behavior from Chromium based browsers. For me, every .exe download get alert from the browser.
Browser always says “It may not safe”

Do not take it seriously! It is safe software

I got a Question on this,

Since I have Ublock already installed, and I put on UAdBlocker. Do I need to disable Ublock or let it run along side I.E. Both Running

Plus what is the difference between Comodo Adblocker and Comodo UAdBlocker I.E. As the Extensions.

Regards

Nigel

Comodo UAdblocker is forked from uBlock Origin.

Comodo Adblocker is based on AdblockPlus (without acceptable ads)

For you question, if you already have Comodo UAdblocker, you can remove uBlock… both of them are same.
Filters are same…so no need to keep both.

As I see, Comodo adblockers are not updated recently from the source!
The real development of uBlock Origin is here…full steam ahead :wink:

Blimey, I didn’t even realize this software existed :o. Having used Comodo AdBlocker extension in Dragon and Ublock Origin addon in Firefox, I guess this package caters for both now inc. others :-TU. When did this software get released? Didn’t see any mention in the forums.

:slight_smile:

Many thanks for that yigido, I already have Ublock and I’ve used it on Opera since it came out in beta.

But since you say Comodo do not update as much I best keep to both, for the time being until I need to remove Ublock or Remove UAdAdblock.

I just did a search on Chrome store Extension and I found both Comodo Adblockers plus Comodo Antivirus Extension.
Since I have Download Chrome Extension for Opera I Enable it and get the Extension.

And They have been up there little while on Chrome store I would say by the feedback from people.

Hi Nige_39

Yes, I am familiar with these extensions/addons but the software I am referring to is a standalone product from TheDukeUK’s post (see screenshot). I haven’t seen or heard about this product before.

I know Comodo like to offer choice but I would prefer they concentrated on one product rather than the three now. As they have standalone product, why not merge the best (security/privacy wise) into this product. These extensions/addons seem too close the originals.

Hi Graham1,

Yes I see what you mean!

As for what you say I do agree with you.

Also as for Ublock and UAdBlocker I have both running still, but I will see which gets the latest update first.

And I have just seen Ublock is ahead of UAdBlocker see screen shots:

Capture 1 is taken from Ublock before I press Update 3rd Party filters.

Capture 2 is taken from UAdBlocker and as you see it’s behind and there is no current update to be done.

So it makes me think which am I best Keeping :slight_smile:

Regards

Nigel

Update:

I’m no expert on this but I would say uBlock would get the updates first. If both are pointing to the same repositories, I guess it’s which is setup to update first (if setup automatically).

So it makes me think which am I best Keeping :)

Previously, I had been running AdBlock Plus but from what I’ve read so far, I think uBlock Origin has the edge now. That said, I am now running Comodo’s standalone AdBlocker so will give that a try. Also, running Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere as you can also trust EFF.

Hi Guys,
As with most other software, which adblocker to use comes down to personal choice and what works best for each individual user.

Kind regards.