Adblocker from Comodo - Windows, IOS and Android

Which is better local VPN or proxy server?

It changes for user needs.
For example, you cannot use another VPN application while using Comodo Adblocker. This is not Comodo’s fault, this is by Android desing. In this kind of situations you can switch to proxy mode of your adblocker (Comodo Adblocker only has local VPN mode).

For me, I do not use any VPN application so local VPN is suitable for me.

Got it
Thanxx for the info

Ads are blocked on HTTPS websites too, right?

It seems that http://whichadblocker.com it’s down… Any info?

It can be installed on my Amoi N828 with android 4.2 but
it cannot be installed on my HTC E8 with android 5.0 :-\

P.S. I found the installation problem is caused by another app. I can now install it on my E8.

Where is the add on from Firefox?

It seems that Comodo uAdblocker has been removed from Chrome Web store

Hi,
Comodo Ad Blocker for Android avaliable on Amazon App Store.
Download: http://www.amazon.com/COMODO-Security-Solution-Ad-Blocker/dp/B01ATW7NC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1454416738&sr=1-1

Thanks

Guy’s where is the adblocker for ice dragon? What happen? Any info?

They intend to add common popup blocker and scripts?

on windows is it ok to use this together with ghostery plugin ? are they compatible withh each other?

On android, why does comodo want to set up a vpn tuinnel to monitor all traffic ?
that is what it says when you push the “start button” in ad blocker" on android

On an older machii so using CID. In terms of ad blocking, the comodo adblock isn’t available for firefox. Is Privdog still an option or would you recommend something else?

This is what has me wondering too when you keep EULA 2.4 in mind. What makes this ad blocker so different from all other 3rd party meta data lurkers that you never agreed upon other than you agree upon meta data lurking through this “ad blocker”.
Many people do not use blockers to remove ads, but to prevent 3rd party’s from lurking your private and personal data that really belongs to your personality and nobody else.
It would create tremendously more online trust when Comodo is more open to what personal data is being monitored and used by this VPN tunnel, proxy server and “secure DNS”.
This is a part of dataset mining for surveillance. Yet EULA 2.4 says very clearly that all data being shared is not mine anymore can be used in any way Comodo wishes including selling to other party’s that are involved in dataset comparison that go even further into privacy infringement. Also, who are all these affiliates that will be using my data?
I find this very disturbing, because it doesn’t only monitor the browser. Ad blockers on mobile devices monitor the whole device and connections so in this case i will be handing over all my data to Comodo.
At present day it’s actually these kind of DNS smart filters that sensors a country’s internet for government surveillance projects like Intel’s Smart Filter does for Tunisia’s military cyber intelligence.
EULA 2.4 could be a little bit more modernized where it also protect privacy, but i have a feeling that this really is why the app is free. What is Comodo’s view on all this and maybe things could be more clear for potential users like me.
This part in use agreement is like the direct opposite of being secure, provide security, protect my identity and privacy that provided browsers on the comodo website are advertised doing. I’m trying to stay constructive as possible on this topic, but the contradictions are staggering. Some of this is even against basic privacy laws and regulation provided by governments and agreements. Even with an agreed upon EULA a company is never above the law in the countries or regions where you are allowed to operate as a company or entity. I guess this is where EULA 3.3 is in place, but Comodo is not above any law so why even try to do this.
Where are my rights as a customer in all this where it should be a product of beauty in which i’m turned into an industrialized digital milk cow that only exists as a number and has nothing to say about himself and be submissive? This is not the world we all want to live in anymore. Dare to be different Comodo!

EULA 2.4:
Submissions. Any communications sent to Comodo are the property of Comodo and affiliates. Unless stated otherwise herein, submissions are not considered confidential, and Comodo is not liable for any use of disclosure of a submission. Except as noted herein, comodo is entitled to unrestricted use of any submissions for any purpose whatsover without compensation to the provider thereof.

EULA 3.3:
Export. … Comodo shall not be liable for your violation of any such export or import laws, whether under United States law or foreign law.

The other part is that this app is called an “ad blocker” however just like Privdog and other browsers the company Adtrustmedia is behind the Whichadblocker website that only advertises one adblocker when you search Whois.
This is all very misleading when you read things like “Here is an adblocker that blocks “ALL” ads.” and talk about filters/subscription. Please tell the people what this app really is under the hood. They will find out eventually.

Comodo and all other technology companies, even those. if you want to take advantage of the program benefits, you must pay. Still, paid programs capture our data, install toolbas …

Not wanting to defend, but already defending … if we want to use the internet without having captured data, simply should not have access to internet. Example: If you use browser chrome, firefox, chromodo, comodo dragon, opera, Vivaldi … and watch a video on a site off youtube, for example, next you will have access videos related to what we watched.

There are free codes and “free software”.
“Freely, even friendship is … Yeah, started a bond because we have common interests”

Well, it’s not so much that data is being gathered for use of a free product. Even when you pay this data is still being gathered. Typical program userdata is also not the biggest issue. The data gathered with the browser plugin might also not be too interesting, but on a unrooted mobile device these things are a complete different story. Everything you do, what’s on it and what you are communicating including the data of the people you are communicating with that never agreed upon anything is being collected.
Currently we live in a sort of Wild West of a data mine era where complete data sets are being sold to other party’s that combine those same datasets to give it other purposes like in mass surveillance, censorship, prosecution and oppression in dictatorships. The more you look into this and who is involved in all this the more your jaw will drop open. Just look at what Smart Filter really does on the global scale in countries like Tunisia. People die because of this.

This security IS Comodo’s business model. Make no mistake about it. The fact that this data mining tool is being presented on a digital security website by a digital advertisement company as a simple ad blocker that is actually designed to record your entire life on a mobile device and claim all data that passes through it is not your anymore poses a huge personal security risk. It’s basically illegal downloading of someones personality, life and identity. Even when i’m curious in and asking who is buying my datasets for what reasons it will most likely be very quiet, because i might not be very happy. In the end it’s also in Comodo’s best interest that these questions are asked, because security and trust is their business and motto.

I cant tell the difference between this and adblock plus.

Well, it looks like adp but is fastest updating their database, my internet connection is very slow.

the adblocker seem not to work with srware IRON for android, it is based on chroimum 51

Now there are two adblocker from Comodo, one based on ADBlockPlus and the other based on ublock. I still don’t understand why I should use Comodo ADBlock instead of the original one (ublock origin is even open source)…