Adblocker from Comodo - Windows, IOS and Android

Comodo AdBlocker for Android

some issues encountered (regardless whether adblocking is on or off) :

1. After booting my I9305 (SAMSUNG S3 2GB Ram + LTE) with official KitKAT ROM 4.4.2 TouchWiz killed each time (restarted again).
  2. Waze (navigation) freaks out : no GPS icon shows, starts VERY slowly and fails to lock position via GPS.
  3. Local (i.e. Israel commercials) are shown as if only standard easylist is blocked (and localized easylist, i.e. + hebrew).

on the other hand few :-TU :

1. Some free apps that usually show adds, no longer do so.
  2. traffic usage is reduced

Hi Guys,

Let me answer your questions regarding to the mobile versions of Comodo Ad Blockers.

1. After booting my I9305 (SAMSUNG S3 2GB Ram + LTE) with official KitKAT ROM 4.4.2 TouchWiz killed each time (restarted again). 2. Waze (navigation) freaks out : no GPS icon shows, starts VERY slowly and fails to lock position via GPS. 3. Local (i.e. Israel commercials) are shown as if only standard easylist is blocked (and localized easylist, i.e. + hebrew).

ran_golde

First 2 problems look like not causing by Comodo Ad Blocker but booting may cause those problems, we will test this and get back to you as soon as possible.

For the localization questions: we will be expanding our block list in few days, and there will be more localized domains.

iOS users; you need to update your blacklist through application or wait for the next application release.
Android users; there is no need to update :wink:

Cheers

With a single change of uninstalling Adblock, no errors or messages by TouchWiz after reboots …

With a single change of uninstalling Adblock, no errors or messages by TouchWiz after reboots ...

We will definitely test this and get back to you soon ran_golde.

Thank you for quick response.

Right now, if I go to the website www.whichadblocker.com and click on the Chrome link to download the adblocker, I am receiving this error:

Chrome web store
An error occurred:
Item not found. This item may have been removed by its author.

What happened to uBlock version?

And does Comodo Adblocker blocks ads on HTTPS websites?

What’s the difference between those two?

Which one do I use?

It seems Comodo Adblocker based on uBlock Origin.

Why no release info here?

;D ;D I can’t stop laughing sorry guys but it sounds so funny to me. Comodo UAdblocker

What are the differences between original uBlock Origin?

Why Comodo do not develop its own technology for these? You guys, are just copier on this area. The only good thing about adblocking from you. It is Android version of Adblocker. It is very good :-TU
But others look fake :frowning:

Hi All,

Comodo AdBlocker:

is based on open source AdBlock Plus

Comodo uAdBlocker:

is based on uBlock Origin.

Choose the flavour you prefer.

AdBlock Plus does not block all display ads in it’s standard install format, it lets at a lot of ads through. Comodo AdBlocker blocks all displays in it’s default install configuration.

Instead of UAdBlocker… I think uAdBlocker would be good i.e small u instead of big U…small u looks better & uBlock Origin also has small u.

+1
Is uBlock version also for Android too?

There is no uBlock for Android. I meant Comodo AdBlocker for Android at http://whichadblocker.com/

Are you running it on Android?
Does it works good & light on Android?

Yes it is very good on my device. It use local VPN so it can block whole traffic. It can block ads in applications and browsers.
I suggest Comodo AdBlocker for Android to everyone, friends family etc. :-TU

Personally, I think Comodo should concentrate on one AdBlocker (Comodo AdBlocker) using the best features from both these AdBlockers. The same goes for Comodo Browsers (Dragon and Chromodo) but that’s for another post. Also, would like to see more Comodo extensions/addons available to download for use in other browser variants.

I would also like to say thank you for Comodo’s AdBlocker for Android :-TU. Have been looking for something like this for a while.

:slight_smile:

Hi Melih, I have a question for you. Maybe another Comodo staff can answer.

You have AdTrustMedia company which provides secure ads, right? You implemented it into PrivDog and AdSanitizer (as acceptable ads)

Now Comodo has adblcokers which block all ads! Whats your aim on this?
Comodo now has PrivDog, AdSanitizer, Comodo Adblocker, Comodo UAdblocker …
why so much staff? Where is Comodo’s strategy? Even you had invested many time (time is money) on these staffs. But they are still not the best.
Why doesn’t Comodo focus on one of them?

We block AdTrustMedia ads with Comodo Adblocker, it sounds a bit strange to my ears ???

I wonder what is in your mind?

Thanks

Give our users what they want.

Some want full adblocking…some want responsible adblocking…now they can have both.

So its based on ABP but different from ABP Android version?
With ABP you have to add proxy server in the network settings. With Comodo installed & enabled…I dont see proxy server added in the network settings?

Please search about local VPN mode for adblockers. You do not need to configure proxy etc. Enable and done!
I do not know about its filters but on the page ( http://whichadblocker.com/ )
It says;

• Blocks ads and malware
  • Boosts internet speed
  • Backed by Comodo Secure DNS