Author Topic: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon  (Read 265488 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
New Ideas for Comodo Dragon
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »
Hi Guys

We now have our own browser that we can develop further.

So, tell us what you want to see in this, some cool features that noone has but would be great to have in CD.

thank you for your help.

Melih

Offline blattida

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
Hi Melih!

-Adblocking
-Secure password handling
-More efficient verification engine
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||

W10 Pro

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:16:11 PM »
Hi Melih!

-Adblocking

Thanks for that blattida.
can u pls expand on 2nd and 3rd items in your wish list pls.
thank you

Melih

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »
Hi Melih!

-Adblocking

That as well as soemthing on par with No-Script... and would be nice to maybe have your own WOT (Web Of Trust) Style rating add-on but with a more in-depth validation process for submissions/comments from users? Or get into talks with WOT to make a compatable add-on for Dragon (don't know if the likes of chrome has it?) but anyway that's my suggestion(s)
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 01:20:34 PM »
That as well as soemthing on par with No-Script... and would be nice to maybe have your own WOT (Web Of Trust) Style rating add-on but with a more in-depth validation process for submissions/comments from users? Or get into talks with WOT to make a compatable add-on for Dragon (don't know if the likes of chrome has it?) but anyway that's my suggestion(s)

thanks AyeAyeCaptain..
pls keep them coming...what other features that you want to see in Dragon that no other browsers have?

Melih

Offline Watasha

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »
More speed? Great. More privacy? Even better. Better security? I'm in. What I DON'T want is for CD to become Firefox. More flexibility is great but don't overload it. I'll leave the specifics up to you guys. Let's keep her lean & mean. :)
Resident: Comodo CIS
AVG Linkscanner

On Demand: MBAM & SAS
Hitman Pro

2010 National Champion Auburn Tigers!!!
WAR EAGLE!

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »
Something like Prevx SafeOnline would be a good idea in my opinion (See uploaded Attachment) and link is here Melih for inspection http://www.prevx.com/safeonline.asp

Hope this helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 09:07:29 PM »
There are some pages, like Fake AV scan pages that prevent you from clicking on anything else other then there popups..  therefore not letting you change the page or close the window...

My wish is for CD not to have this problem.  ;D

I would also want CD to automaticly handle my downloads...

So if i download a picture it goes to the Pictures folder... If a movie it goes to the movies folder...

Btw.. CD needs to start using the download folder in W7..

Hope to see some or all of these wishes come true..
System Details: W8.1-64bit | 16GB DDR3 | Intel Core I7-4710MQ[at]2.5Ghz to 3.5Ghz | CIS 8.2 | Geforce 840M

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 07:31:18 PM »
Stickied.

Offline antbates1991

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 07:02:55 AM »
Btw.. CD needs to start using the download folder in W7...
Yeah I really would like that by default instead of X:\Users\Name\Documents\Downloads
also if you do change the folder to the Windows download one (like me) every time you delete the downloads folder in Documents, it comes back. Slightly annoying.

Anyways
*Verification Engine integration (or something similar)

*an option to launch CD in a private browsing mode like in I.E (if it doesn't exist, I can't find it... but I do miss the obvious stuff 88)) Also could there by an option to always launch CD in private mode :)

*Not sure if its possible but some sites say for example you must have either IE 8 FF3.5 Or Google Chrome to view this site. But CD is using the same source code so it should work. Anyway around this would be a good feature, If it could be done.

Offline JoWa

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I believe in doubt.
    • Evolutionary history of life
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 12:19:14 PM »
*an option to launch CD in a private browsing mode like in I.E (if it doesn't exist, I can't find it... but I do miss the obvious stuff 88)) Also could there by an option to always launch CD in private mode :)
Add -incognito to the shortcut's Target. :)
Ubuntu 17.10 | Chrome 65β | HTTPS Everywhere | Privacy Badger
Forum Policy | Comodo Product Help

Offline Sal Amander

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
Yeah I really would like that by default instead of X:\Users\Name\Documents\Downloads
also if you do change the folder to the Windows download one (like me) every time you delete the downloads folder in Documents, it comes back. Slightly annoying.
This sounds more like a Windows issue than a CD issue. Are you saying that CD re-creates this folder?

Anyways
*Verification Engine integration (or something similar)

This is coming.

Presently there's no choice inside of CD to set always Private Browsing Mode (but there should be). You can just start Dragon via with [ -incognito ] if you so desire.

Here's how to edit your shortcut to allow for always starting the browser in Private Browsing Mode (incognito)... (Yes the link is for Chrome, but works for Dragon)

Offline antbates1991

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »
This sounds more like a Windows issue than a CD issue. Are you saying that CD re-creates this folder?
Yeah thats what I'm experienced, every now and again it keeps coming back (the downloads folder in my documents) when I have set it to C:\users\name\downloads

Offline Matticus

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »
Thanks for that blattida.
can u pls expand on 2nd and 3rd items in your wish list pls.
thank you

Melih

I think for option two blattida may be talking about like a Master Password... So you can protect your passwords if multiple users share the same computer, and by having the Master Pass if you have forgotten your info when you go to log in to a certain website or forum, the Master Pass will prompt you  type in the password and it auto fills out username and password so that you may log in.

I'm looking at using the Dragon Browser right now -- not sure if it is compatibility with 64 bit though?

On the download page where you select your operating system, it doesn't have Windows 7 or 64 bit on the list. I'm going to download it and try it, if it's not compatible I suggest make it W7 and 64 bit compatible.  ;D

Offline MetalShaun

• Comodo's Hero
    • Mw Computers
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
An I.E tab.

Cheers
Shaun

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek