with CIS ver 3.8.64263.468 we have widened the gap against our competitors.

will the upgrade from cis 3.5 to cis 3.8 automated or do we have to uninstall-install? (:NRD) :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■

You can wait and you will see a baloon message notifying you of a new update. I personally prefer a fresh install, because the chances that everything will work are greater… (:WIN)

as DaRtH VaDeR just said…

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3864263468_released-t34345.0.html;msg248901#msg248901

check that… and some post belove and you will get a more complete answerer… O0

Simply put… if you wait some days, it will be a auto update and you won’t have to uninstall… :-TU
I too like the fresh install approatch, but never had problems with comodos auto updates!

Don’t be shy… You know it is the most powerful security suite out there! :comodorocks: while others misses stuff all the time CIS rarely misses anything. At least the prevention of CIS is unmatched. :wink:

OK, where can we find the BO Tester application?

here (first post):

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_memory_firewall_beta_corner/buffer_overflow_testing_application-t12541.0.html;msg88339#msg88339

(:HUG) please share the results! (:CLP)

I don’t know if it still functions if D+ is disabled altogether, but I know it does work if the Image Execution Control Level is set to ‘Disabled’.

Thanks for the link Monkey_Boy! Sadly, with Defense+ disabled (not permanently), the shellcode injections (BO) are vulnerable. My system passed BO Tester with Defense+ set at Safe Mode. Defense+ alerted and blocked all three tests. With Defense+ disabled, all three tests left my system “Vulnerable”. Bummer. :cry:

I would like to see BOClean divorced from Defense+ in future versions. Many of my friends don’t use Defense+ and would still benefit from BOClean. ;D

There is one test I can’t get the new CIS to pass: ret2libc (x64) - I have Vista 64-bit here. Why can’t it pass - I have buffer overflow protection on.

Yes, six sections: SUMMARY l ANTIVIRUS l FIREWALL l MEMORY FIREWALL l DEFENSE+ l MISCELLANEOUS.

That way, even if Defense+ was disabled, the user will stay protect from shellcode injections.

I’m on board with that one Joker! And another thing…an indicator in the system tray that tells the user that one or more of the features are disabled! This post just reminded me to turn my Defense+ back on! I forgot it and left it disabled! :o A timer (like the one Norton has) would be even nicer! :-\

Melih, I think you you widened the gap more by having great x64 support. Most of the free software out there don’t have x64 versions yet. So, for people with x64, the one true choice is Comodo. Thank god Comodo software is great! The number of computers coming with x64 version of vista pre-installed is increasing. My new laptop came with it, so users will look for software and the software they find is Comodo. So, I think you really need to focus heavily on x64 versions and making sure all the windows components are whitelisted. I noticed that in the past, some components were not recognized as Windows components on the x64 versions. I hear rumours that MS will stop producing 32 bit OSes after Win 7 is released. They will focus on x64 versions only. But even now, all the vendors that don’t have a 64 bit version of their product will be left behind in the dust, like Sandboxie and other security softwares. That’s the future.

Thats a great point indeed. It shows the depth of our R&D capability to be able to support multiple platforms and do so very nicely.

Melih

Agree!

My next computer will be a 64 bit version!
Its needed these days, RAM has gotten so cheap! ^^ ^^

Today I saw on the Matousec’s website that Comodo is - with the version 3.5 - the third of the class.

Outpost is sharing now the first place with Armor (they are off paid version).
Do you know when the new version 3.8 will be evaluate ?
It will be the icing of the cake if CIS takes the first place back. Will it not ?

Cheers.

If you find a way to hook all things at ring 0 Comodo will surely be the number one by far.
Is there anything planned for 3.9 or 4.0? It would be really very great if you could provide information about this :slight_smile:

Comodo is tecnically number one there already and has been that almost directly since the 84 bucket test was released, there was a sad case of a bug in the version tested, comodo failed stuff it did not fail before, that bug was since long been corrected and all the stuff that pose a threat in those matousec test comodo will catch…
Technically its #1… But comodo has not paid for any retesting, thats why you will see it as #3.

Comodo by some reason don’t think its worth the cost as for now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Correct. :slight_smile:
But are you sure it’s because COMODO never paid to get it retested? Last I heard, Matousec just hasn’t restested it yet.

This might help. :slight_smile:

Whatever the course… Its not retested with the fixes… :-TU

And the DEV team are confident it would score the highest, since they understand all those tests and has built appropriate fixes, I know it would. (:TNG)

Comodo has paid in the past, but not this time I think as in that case it would probably already have gotten a retest… :wink: