with CIS ver 3.8.64263.468 we have widened the gap against our competitors.

I’m also surprised, if you look at Secunia there are MANY registered vulnerabilities caused by buffer overflow! And just for the record, do you remember the Internet Explorer patch panic in December last year? It was BO… and Comodo protected us all the time without the need of a panic-patch. :wink:

I think only Sophos Antivirus had built in BO protection as welll. BO protection rocks as it protects unpatched vulnerabilities… another very useful layer of protection…

And if you really like IE, you can safely use it now…(although an alternative is still recommended. (:TNG)). But still, a lot of people still use it so this BO protection adds so much protection. (V)

Finally we can safely use IE… I shall divorce from Opera browser straight away… (:WIN)

Good one…I said people who like using IE can use it safely now. :slight_smile:

IE, duh what that? ^^ ^^ :slight_smile:
Xman, dedicated Orca browser user :-TU
Cheers :■■■■ :-TU
(:KWL)

M$ claims IE8 is safer than IE7. But with CIS installed and proactive, I never really considered it an issue. :slight_smile:

Just before my 50th birthday Melih & I knew and agreed on the importance of Buffer Overflow attacks and I was enthralled that CIS would PREVENT & contain them a must for any serious security program to which he is inspired and committed to provide to all of us with conviction
Xman 8)
Cheers :■■■■

Hi all,

thanks for 3.8 and keeping it free!

One question; i have the impression one very early (rather rude) reply this topic has been deleted without a word mentioning any violation or so. I can not find it in the Forum Policy Violation thread.

Thanks any feedback,

Brgds,
mack

Great work comodo. It has been great watching this program develop into what it is to day,
Comodo is un-matched.

This comes from a member who has the habit of trolling and making rude and unproductive comments and whose job it is to disrupt the forum. Of course we won’t allow that.

Melih

Thanks Kyle!

The protection CIS offers simply unmatched today!

I find it rather funny when someone compares CIS protection to other AV products. They don’t grasp the power and innovation we have created with CIS with tight integration of HIPS and AV architected to work together with Prevention being the first line of defense. This is world’s first Layered Security product utilising Prevention, Detection and Cure as its layers with Prevention being the first line of defense.

thanks

Melih

Thanks for the confirmation, Melih. Proves to me that I am not that old yet I am imagining things.

brgds
mack

I’m not familiar with the Orca browser, but I bet it is a killer app, and you have a whale of a time using it. (:TNG)(Pun intended)

Well, Comodo’s HIPS is it’s strength but the HIPS of KIS isn’t (much) worse. Take a look at it and copy the good features, then Comodo will be better :wink:

CIS uses HIPS as the first line of defense… do KIS?
Also: pls feel free to tell us which exact features you would like to see?

thanks
Melih

CIS 3.8 is a preview of what will become the world most powerfull, tweak-able and userfriendly security solution for businesses and home users… (:WIN)

I also would appreciate an answer on that topic.

Does disabling Defense+ also automatically disable the buffer overflow protection as well,
or are the two independent of each other ?

Best regards,
raynor

I think its already Most Powerful (it prevents more malware than any other AV out there)
Its already very teweakable
Its 75% (imo) userfriendly.

Overall, I personally would not use any other product to secure myself, cos I know this is the best desktop security money can buy :wink: (i might be biased but then again, I built this product out of a need for myself and people like myself who are sick of getting infected by simple drive by downloads and many other malware for which detection based technology wasn’t working). I had a clean machine, i just wanted to keep it clean. There was no product out there that could keep my PC clean! Now there is! CIS keeps your PC Clean of malware!

Melih

Until you get an answer, you can easily test this theory by using our BO tester application. turn off D+ and then run BO Tester to see if BO is still active or not.
thanks
Melih