Wishlist for CMS [merged topic]

Hi Comodo,

Scanning speed for cms is pretty good… :slight_smile:

It takes only 36 sec to scan my android with 42 apps installed…

It take about 9.6 mb for processing.

Thanks & Regards,

Wildhog

[attachment deleted by admin]

press and hold on the name or number you wish to remove.
You will be given options. one of these is ‘delete’

Its not there in Android Market yet? I wasn’t able to find it there.

Thanx
Naren

This is still beta.
The beta is not in the Android market.

Hi John Buchanan,

Thanks for the kind information… :a0
Yeah…its working 88)

Regards,
Wildhog

Hi COMODO,

Is cms has Trusted Vendor List so that untrusted websites can be blocked…
And a “home screen widget” settings can be included…
Whats the time period for virus definition update.

Thanks,
Wildhogs

Is cms has Trusted Vendor List so that untrusted websites can be blocked..

TVL is not connected with websites at all. So it’s impossible.

Hi morphiusz,

Is it then connected to valid digital signature ??

Thanks,
Wildhogs

Good day! Hello from Russia!

Well, if Russification CMS.

I got another one to add to the wishlist, options to scan the sd card. By that I mean, being able to disable or enable sd card scanning.

Although it would be a non-independent comparison chart, maybe Comodo could see some features wishes at Free Antivirus App For Android | Avast Mobile Security as they have released their mobile app recently as you.

Woow!! That is some serious free mobile security.
Hope Comodo can better that.

looks very impressive. Lets see if comodo can compare once its released

forgive me but they definitely have a lot to do to compare and go beyond Avast.

A road-map for upcoming releases would be great :-La

John, they didn’t develop the code from the beginning. The quick speed process of releasing the app was due that they acquired IT TheftAware company and got the software almost there.
It’s hard and time consuming developing from the scratch and many companies decide to buy any other with a good product.
Recently, I’ve saw Blue Coat (of the very good K9 webprotection and parental control) being acquired by Private Equity Firm Thoma Bravo (Broadcom Inc. | Connecting Everything and http://www.scmagazine.com/blue-coat-acquired-by-equity-firm-for-13-billion/article/218802/). Hope K9 program survives…

Back to topic (sorry), maybe Comodo can acquire the technology of some other company and speed up the process.
I’ll post again with a list of features I’m collecting into Mobile Security reviews in the internet.

I read that yes.
I tested that app last night.
I will say features comparisons to date with Comodo I prefer Comodo.

Which feature you want/need most?

The features included so far with CMS I want and do use.

Remote security would be great.

I would like to see a startup manager to compliment the app manager.

I am waiting to see what remote options will be included before I add my suggestions to the list.

• A nice feature i would like to see in this upcoming product, is a warning from CMS that you will see when you installed an app with a certain permission you do not want (because for example you just click without looking on the permissionlist or you download from unknown sources…). Or the possibility to block installation of apps with certain permissions. And review the permissions of installed apps.

• Maybe to track activities of running apps in memory and visualize them to you.

I hope they can make a security app, that needs as less cpu power as possible to function, because the big issue of security apps for mobile platforms is that they consume battery. And there is not enough batteryjuice to compensate for the cpu extensive tasks of security apps for mobile platforms… Smartphones are not a full pc! at least not for now… :wink: