Wish to cancel my Comodo Forum account/profile

Good day -

I would like to delete my Forum account and would greatly appreciate your help in doing so. I haven’t used Comodo for nearly a year and no longer have a need to receive forum updates via email, as that info no longer pertains to me.

To confirm, I do want to delete it. Nothing personal against Comodo and/or the good folks who work these boards. You folks do good work and are probably under-appreciated for all you do - please understand that I’ve opted quite some time ago to go in a different direction.

Many thanks. . .

No problemo dAldon we respect that. What you need to do is log in and then hit Profile at the top of the page. In the new page which appears you will see on the left Actions and below that “Delete this account”.
Click on that and you will delete your account.

If ive missed anything im sure Josh will be able to fill us in :wink: /j/k ;D

Take care,
Matty

[quote author=Matty_R link=topic=56666.msg398485#msg398485 date=1274546280]
No problemo dAldon we respect that. What you need to do is log in and then hit Profile at the top of the page. In the new page which appears you will see on the left Actions and below that “Delete this account”.
Click on that and you will delete your account.

If ive missed anything im sure Josh will be able to fill us in :wink: /j/k ;D

=================

Many thanks for your reply. There is no Actions and/or “Delete this account” option on the Profile page. Am I missing something?

CHEERS!

• dAlden :slight_smile:

Matty, I think the account deletion has been wisely disabled, so only the mods can use it. Plus, they have also wisely decided to not delete accounts anyway (I think). You can probably thank Josh for that. :smiley:

Just go to Profile → Notifications and Emails (Under “Modify Profile”, on the left)
Uncheck all the options and click Save Settings.

No more emails but you are still a member, should you ever wish to return.

dave

Delete your Email and create a new one. Problem solved! (:NRD) no more emails from comodo

hi dAlden. sorry, but we currently disable the delete account function. cos we believe in sanctity of life ;D
since you no longer need to receive forum updates, i changed your notification & email setting like dave.m suggested above (thx dude ;D i don’t even know we have those menus >_<)

want some bananas? 88)

Great, so now I have ■■■■ version 6 and a pointless forum association. I’ll change my email to something I no longer use and Comodo is gone forever.

Sorry to see you go. But please consider to use CIS again in the future. Version 6 is a new starting point and changes are to be expected in the future.