Windows Vista Migration [Community Poll]

Hey Ryan,

Quite a good article. Here is an excerpt of the article:

Vista is the first of Microsoft's products that the company is sending through its "Security Development Lifecycle", which aims at getting rid of all security vulnerabilities before a product is shipped.

“If you think of basic security flaws as low-hanging fruit, then we’ve taken away all of the watermelons lying on the ground,” Andrew Cushman, director of security engineering at Microsoft, explained to Computerworld.com.

Do you know what came to my mind when I read this? I think MS has forgotten about the underground potatoes!! ;D (though they are not really fruits)

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Well, there is a change in file structure for Outlook’s pst file. This allows you to corrupt 18G of data at a time instead of just 2G. That’s a HUGE improvement.

Really though, with the exception of Outhouse, I agree. Outlook 2000 barfs when you reach the 2G max file size threshold. Outlook 2003 is a little more graceful. Now Outlook 2007… I ran it for a month or so & found it’s behavior intolerable. The rest of Office 2007 is so unintuitive (like Vista), that I prefer Office 2000 still.

loll, 2000 barfs? I do agree and think it should be called OUCH look! but that’s my opinion. After all this time, Outlook should have been far improved by now, it seems it’s just thrown in all the time. Perhaps in another 20 years , they’ll get it right.

Paul

Sorry about that Ryan… we did get a little silly (when the cats away eh?).

Regarding the Vista article… Thanks, that’s an interesting read.

Very interresting. So they may in fact be doing something RIGHT? This is a change for MS for sure. As I had mentioned before, perhaps no need for total OS upgrades again then? Boy wouldn’t that be nice! I guess only time will tell.

Paul

Maybe Vista will be worth the upgrade then.

I think that when Vista is released I’ll watch the KBs, patches, forums, etc… for Vista and then decide if I’m going to upgrade.

Good Idea :wink:

Linux or Mac for me. I had enough with microsoft. Most of the time I am resolving probs instead of enjoying my pc (:TNG)

Apple always upgrades their OS X software to a new version so you have to buy the newer version ($129 USD) there isn’t a problem with that, but it can be annoying after a while.

Poll expires in less then 2 days…

Great news! OpenGL will no longer be layered on top of WGF/DX10!!! And I also think there’s a hint that the compositing engine could run directly on OGL…

Read this article and tell me what you think: http://dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3760

Edward

Oh well, it is Microsoft all over again, burying competition under the mat.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

I’ll migrate to Vista once it’s security flaws are fixed and once most programs and games are supported by it.

Hello,

Thank you for all of your votes. The next community poll is up and you can find it here.

What Justin, another poll? Not again!!!

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

p/s: I was joking ;D.

If it bugs you I could ban you from polls :P.

P.S. I’m kidding…