Windows 10 - anti-spyware warning (CAV) [Merged]

Hi,

I’m new Comodo Free Antivirus user and I lately installed it on Windows 10. However Windows 10 claim that there is no anti-spyware protection. As I see in comparison of Comodo products Free Antivirus contains anti-spyware protection. Does Win10 warning is deprecated? Can I turn it off or there is something wrong with my installation?

BR,
Szyb
Mod edit: Added merged to the topic title, Captainsticks.

Hello syzb,

Yes, our antivirus product includes anti-spyware; the only missing protection tool in antivirus if firewall. In case you also need a firewall; please download and install comodo internet security. If you could send us the screenshot of warning , we would be able to understand the root cause of your problem.

For your information

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi,

In attachment there is a screenshot of the warning. Unfortunately I have a Polish version of Win 10, so messages are also in Polish. Translation of the screen title “Zabezpieczenia i konserwacja” is “Security and maintenance”, and the message is that system is missing anti-spyware (and other) software.
I hope that helps.

BR,
szyb

[attachment deleted by admin]

May be the registration with the Security Center is not right. Try resetting the Security Center.

Open a command prompt by clicking Start → Run. Type cmd and click OK.

In the command prompt window, type NET STOP WINMGMT /Y and press ENTER.

Type REN %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REPOSITORY REP.OLD and press ENTER.

Type EXIT and press ENTER to close the window.

Restart the system. Windows should start normally, but you may be prompted to restart the system once more to complete the changes caused by resetting the core repository. You may also need to restart once more if Windows Security Center still does not detect your security product.

When will this bug be fixed? I’ve had it long before W10 was released, back when I was on Windows 7! It began around May 2015.

I’m seriously thinking of simply going back to Avira. I get this message as a notification EVERY SINGLE DAY:

http://i.imgur.com/WOLthTq.png

Merged topics.

Try the reset I described in my previous post.

When that doesn’t help just disable the notifications of the Security Center. That won’t hurt because the Security Center only reports what a program would report. It means you can rely on the self protection of the CAV; CAV will notify if something is wrong. It’s unfortunate the registration with the Security Center is not working but it is nothing more than that.

Well, they need to fix the registration problem with Security & Maintenance. It’s been going on for quite a while. I cannot recommend COMODO to friends and family while this issue persists. When people come to me and ask me to help them setup a new installation of Windows, I will simply install MS Security Essentials or Windows Defender instead.

If you want the issue fixed please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in Required Format For Reporting Bugs.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

I submitted a report through this forum months ago. No reply.

Also, are YOU getting this error? What OS do you use? Every COMODO user should be having this problem assuming they use anything newer than Windows XP.

I am not having this problem. Your bug report is in Format Verified board. Now it is up to Comodo to determine if and when it will be fixed.

Could you post in your bug report that this bug is still not solved for you with the version ( I assume the latest) you are using? That way Comodo and we know the problem is not solved yet.

Wow. I’m reading this and I can’t believe what you are writing here. People complain about that issue and Comodo just ignores requests to solve it.

I thought that Comodo’s primary target is SECURITY, but you advice users to ignore Windows warning about security. Something is not right here, don’t you think?

Now back to the answer: I tried to solve this issue using your instructions and I managed it only on one of two PCs. I did exactly the same thing on both PCs. The only different is that one of them was upgraded to newest build of Win10 PRO (here it works) and second was Win10 Home not the latest build.

BR,
szyb

Could post post your findings in bug topic Windows Action Center thinks anti-spyware is off if s/b off, HIPS on [M1405]? That way we keep the status of the bug updated.

This is not the biggest of bugs. It looks a bit sloppy andlnay initially share less experienced users. Why is this not the biggest of bugs? Windows Security Center only reports what it gets reported from the security programs themselves. It means you can trust on the self protection of the security program by its self. Hence why I advice to tell the WSC to ignore.

No, sorry. I’ve already uninstalled Comodo. Hovever this issue was not the main reason. After I’ve done your “hack” following your instructions I simply cannot save any file (even if program was running as administrator privileges). After uninstall everything started to work again. No errors, no warnings - as it should be from the beginning!

If you are concerned what was the error I will send you polish translation: “Brak dalszych plików” (eng: “No further files”?). Stupid? YES it is! After googling I was sure that Comodo is doing this.

Over and out,
szyb

I have downloaded CIS and it prompted me to upgrade from CAV. :slight_smile:

Have you had Comodo Anti Virus installed in the past? Can you post a screenshot of the message?