Windows 10 Anniversary pre-RTM signature issue

Hi All,
I just installed Windows 10 v.1607 on a new SSD, clean installation
I turn off the Windows user control before installing CIS 8.4.0.5076.
No problem
cordially
ZorKas

[attachment deleted by admin]

Does your motherboard have UEFI or BIOS. Secure Boot is a UEFI feature:

Microsoft Secure Boot is a component of Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system that relies on the UEFI specification’s secure boot functionality to help prevent malicious software applications and “unauthorized” operating systems from loading during the system start-up process.

So I am starting to think that everybody with a BIOS does not have Secure Boot and therefor won’t see the signed driver alert.

I’ve never been a fan of SecureBoot, it seemed to cause way to many issues for people. In any case it now appears to be worse than useless since the ‘master keys’ appear to have have been accidentally released. See Secure Boot snafu: Microsoft leaks backdoor key, firmware flung wide open | Ars Technica.

Yes EricJH,
CIS = No problem
BIOS:
UEFI = Disabled
Bios > Secure Boot = Disabled

Partition Disk = MBR

Secure Boot = problems on some programs (signed driver).

UEFI = GPT partition obligatory

[attachment deleted by admin]

Confirmed. I have UEFI and SecureBoot disabled in my BIOS, I’m an MBR legacy boot guy. I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 1607 (14393.51) and then installed CIS 8.4.0.5076 and had no issues at all.

SecureBoot disabling while it did help, I am having issues running any Hyper-V machines on the host, error below.
Uninstalling Comodo (8 or 10) solves the issue.
This is on Win10 1607 update.

[Window Title]
Virtual Machine Connection

[Main Instruction]
The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of ‘_TEMP’.
‘NAME’ failed to start worker process: The process terminated unexpectedly. (0x8007042B). (Virtual machine ID GUID)

Please add this to your signature fix checklist, thanks.

Hi nuhi,
There is some information in the link below that might help explain the issue.
Windows 10 Aniversary build doesn’t allow Comodo drivers to be installed
It is being worked on.

Kind regards.

captainsticks, thanks, I am familiar with the issue (opened this topic back in the day to begin with).
I’m just saying Hyper-V is not working even with SecureBoot disabled, and now tried with disabled driver signatures, no luck.

No rush, just please check Hyper-V machine while at 1607 fixing:

• create any empty VM, and try to start it with Comodo installed on the host (not in a VM)
  • first one may take some time to respond, and if at the end you get the message inside the VM that the machine cannot boot as the disk is not bootable or something, that’s fine.
    If you get an error popup as described above that the VM worker process cannot start, not good.

Thanks for the information nuhi. :slight_smile:

Do you have “Enable enhanced protection mode” enabled and are you trying to run a 64 bits guest on your VM? That doesn’t work because CIS works as hypervisor with the “Enable enhanced protection mode” setting enabled.

I don’t, nor I use HIPS, and I used Comodo for years.

Btw here is the same report by other users earlier, found it just now while trying to fix it.

The topic starter is not filling in the bug report with the required details as of yet. Unless he does the bug report will go to Incomplete Issue Reports-CIS board. These bug reports will not be forwarded to the developers. Please consider filing a bug report following the required protocol. That way you will know for sure it will be seen by Comodo.

After all these posts, there’s a chance the engineers aren’t aware of the problem?

Yes they are aware of this, and has been posted elsewhere by a Staff member.

The post by Eric was just a courtesy post to inform all members including the OP why the topic was on the Incomplete Issue Reports-CIS board.

Thank you

Dennis

When more than one person in that topic said the same, that X does not work with Comodo, by people who sound technically sane, I see that as a clear bug report with high potential of being true.
Nothing would be changed by them filling all the other info when the two main facts are clear: New Windows, Hyper-V does not start.

But even when I mentioned the exact Hyper-V issue on new Windows, you didn’t remember that 10 days ago you got the same report by two other people.
If you ignore reports on basis of not being put into correct boxes, at least remember them for some time.

This shows a simple bureaucracy problem,blindly putting form over content.
I would suggest to use the “please post all the details by the book” scheme only when the report isn’t blatantly clear at first. Thank you for doing so in my case, I also didn’t post correctly - imagine if you ignored me as well - thousands of people turned off from the product until someone posts a correct bug report.
Now maybe this is the disconnect of how much a dev vs support team sees something as clear bug report, but let’s agree that “new windows” is the trigger word for caution, especially if devs never tried it.

Please note this whole bug process is run by volunteers there is no Staff interaction you may receive a PM from a Staff member in rare circumstances but all processing is done by volunteers.

Without a simple form to give the required information for members to fill in, they are unable to process each bug and to forward the information to the bugzilla forum.

Yes in ideal world the Staff would run the bug boards, but I am afraid that is not going to happen.

We have asked on numerous times for a direct contact method through the product, but this has never happen.

Without the volunteers there would be no bug boards for the members.

Thank you

Dennis

Dennis2, oh, volunteers. In that case kudos, and my previous comment should have been for Comodo staff only.
Your work is appreciated, I would frame it differently if I knew.

Regards.

Comodo empoloyees can be recognised by the Staff avatar. That way member can immediately recognise them.