Windows 10 Anniversary pre-RTM signature issue

I will be posting the findings from ghack in various topics the upcoming days. If you’re installing a fresh Windows on the laptop that is giving you the problems then I can only think of one very inconvenient solution and that is Windows 10: Disable Signed Driver Enforcement. You will have to tell Windows with each boot to accept the unsigned driver.

We need to wait for Comodo to get the Inspect driver signed by Microsoft. :-\

I have moved the topic back to the main root board because this is a very important issue although it is not format verified.

After a complete, clean Windows reinstall, and installing Comodo before anything else “major” (the only other things I installed were Firefox and some instant messengers) I can confirm that Windows 10 post Anniversary Update refuses to properly install Comodo Firewall due to driver signature errors.

Hi,
I think I will leave Comodo. Will remove from my PC and phones and … bye bye.

Today I have updated my PC with a clean install of the new Windows 10 with the Anniversary update.
After installing all my stuff … and when I installed Comodo Windows alerted me blocked all Comodo Firewall driver because are unsigned.

1. Error on Installaton because driver of Comodo Firewall are unsigned

2. The PC is very slowest after Comodo install on the last Windows 10 clean install, it never turn on fast.

3. After installed comodo and rebooting you are without connection because Comodo Firewall is not woking and wifi are now hidden and not work. You are out of the internet.

4. You try to unistall comodo, restart the PC and for Windows Security Center Comodo is installed but is not and you are no more protected also you cannot activate anymore Windows Defender or other Antivirus Software because for the system an antivirus not active are installed.

Now with the unofficial unistall tools of Comodo who ask you to take responsability for what the program do, Comodo has been removed and I AM using different software.

How is possibile a company like you are not ready for the Windows update?
Your software causing a lot of problem… just because is not compatibile, was not updated in time to work with the last Windows as I can see.

Works if you upgrade Windows 10 to the new patch but not on a new clean install so maybe also PC who has been upgraded have not a best software as protection… as is not fully compatible with the last Windows.

Also mobile Comodo has BUG on scheduled scan, was removed from Google Play store last month ago… how can I trust you again?

Now I AM using a different software very sad… to see also GekBuddy doesn’t help me and asked to pay for this issue, to have a licence. bye bye Comodo

Do you trust a company who are not ready for the last Windows version?
Also AV test score are more bad now Comodo has not a good score.

I prefer change software.

There are software with better protection score and works in the last Windows version.

How can people trust a company who are not ready for the new Windows relase?
Usually software house can try before the relase… new OS version.

Very… sad but this time is too big this issue. Created so many issue on a clean PC!
And also GekBuddy help was a terrible expericence. Ask to me to pay!

Also If you run Comodo Internet Security as Guest you can disable Comodo protection without Administrator right.
This is called security?

Peopleinside. SOrry to see you go.

I got further word from BuketB and she informed me that Comodo is aware and working on a solution.

This is not the topic to help you with your specific problems after uninstalling or when installing CIS. When you need help start a topic in the help section and we will help you out.

I hope you consider to return to Comodo once the signature situation is fixed.

Comodo is not updated… so this let me thing there are no a serious team informed about Windows update and moving for skip this issue.
I have formatted the PC two times maybe for this kind of issues and now when I have a clen PC I install Comodo and PC is slow. I cannot remove Comodo… and so issues also on activating other software for protect my PC.

I ask help in your livechat and you asked me to pay for a licence.

Also… is possibile disable comodo in non admin account this mean if you have not settings protected by a password a guest user is able to disable the antivirus.
Also issue on mobile app removed from Google store, also now is not fully work.

So how I can trust anymore?

With respect to AV test scores, AV is not the first line of defence, and it is a minor one for this Default Deny system.
I use CIS exclusively, and have never had a virus, simply because CIS stops anything unknown from running.

I never do a clean install easily. It’s a lot of work and the issue may return after the clean install. I will always try to figure it out first, second, third, fourth and fifth.

I cannot remove Comodo… and so issues also on activating other software for protect my PC.
Those may be two separate issues. Please start a help topic in the help section where we can help you further. Reiterating does not help you.

I ask help in your livechat and you asked me to pay for a licence.
Live Chat is a paid service from Comodo. The Comodo forums are an end user community where you can get help from others.
Also... is possibile disable comodo in non admin account this mean if you have not settings protected by a password a guest user is able to disable the antivirus.
Allowing a guest admin access to your computer is your responsibility and not a smart thing to do. That responsibility is yours and not of CIS
Also issue on mobile app removed from Google store, also now is not fully work.
I saw it returned. Please post your concerns about in the CMS board. This topic is about the problems with unsigned drivers and you're taking the topic off topic.
So how I can trust anymore?
At Hogwarts help comes to those who seek. We're here to help if you let us.
Allowing a guest admin access to your computer is your responsibility and not a smart thing to do. That responsibility is yours and not of CIS
Alowing use of guest is my responsability, security is responsability of Comodo so for me is a BUG Comodo allow an user without admin right to disable protections. Infact on the produc I Am using now this is not allowed from a normal user with normal right. I have reported that to Comodo in a ticket.

I cannot think Comodo was not ready for the release of the new Windows or maybe if the issue with drivers was present in the past. For me it seems an incompatibility with the new Windows 10. Signature of the driver are no more valid or is an additional check Windows do now and Comodo was not ready for it.

Is not only this. I can see the PC is not working well with Comodo with the last Windows 10 because on start up is very slow. Tested before installing Comodo and was great. Now maybe I have fixed the issue by removing COmodo but is not only sufficient this… with a deep clean now the issue is fixed. However thanks for the help have good time. I fixed by myself all issues, for now and I AM again protected.

Very sad, disappointed to have lost my trust on Comodo also for the last experience with the mobile app. Is an addiction of things. I think Comodo is great but is trascuring software updates and hope can improve on it.
I don’t want go off-topic so this is my last post if there are no more replies to my posts :slight_smile:

You can set a password in CIS to keep guests from accessing the settings.

I have reported that to Comodo in a ticket.
I cannot think Comodo was not ready for the release of the new Windows or maybe if the issue with drivers was present in the past.
The prerequisite to have the extra driving signing was there from the start but not fully enforced. With 1607 tightened policies for this after having given manufacturers a year. However, it seems Microsoft was late with bringing this news to the world. I have seen an official post about at MSDN July 26.
For me it seems an incompatibility with the new Windows 10.
The problems with your specific system are not related to the issue of driver signing.
Signature of the driver are no more valid or is an additional check Windows do now and Comodo was not ready for it.
See my comment a bit up.
Is not only this. I can see the PC is not working well with Comodo with the last Windows 10 because on start up is very slow. Tested before installing Comodo and was great. Now maybe I have fixed the issue by removing COmodo but is not only sufficient this... with a deep clean now the issue is fixed. However thanks for the help have good time. I fixed by myself all issues, for now and I AM again protected.
Sorry to hear you're having problems. I would love to know what is going on. It could be worth a bug report
Very sad, disappointed to have lost my trust on Comodo also for the last experience with the mobile app. Is an addiction of things. I think Comodo is great but is trascuring software updates and hope can improve on it. I don't want go off-topic so this is my last post if there are no more replies to my posts :)
Nothing to add here.

@peopleinside
CIS has always allowed for password protection to prevent guests or anyone else from changing the settings.
I always find it strange how people can come here and complain about something when CIS already has it built in. You are no exception, it seems.
It amazes me how many do not even look through the Settings to see what they can and cannot do before they complain about something.

It amazes me how many do not even look through the Settings to see what they can and cannot do before they complain about something.
I know very well settings on Comodo, so seems this is complety not my case. I think allow guest to disable the antivirus is a BUG who can be "fixed" temporarly with settings a settings password. However Comodo is informed about the guest normal user permission issue because I have reported recently.
I always find it strange how people can come here and complain about something when CIS already has it built in.
IT's sample to understand for me, here there are not only Beta tester also if this discussion about stable Issue has been moved to beta topic. I think when the stable relase have some important bug who can also mean there are a hole of protection this is not light. In this case the issue with Comodo (excluded the possibility to deactivate the protection from non administrator users) is a performance issue... Unistaller issue also who goof up the PC.

I wish thank you to all Moderators and people who give support and help here also to me. But again I AM sad because i was trust very deep Comodo, this can’t change now, i trust no more after my experience with mobile and desktop. This issue with the new Windows is the first very bad experience because no problem in years with Comodo. I love the way as Comdoo works also if I had an issue with a person where I cannot keep Comodo because give PC errors… for an incompatibility with a program (key software for connect to the Internet).

Thanks to all :slight_smile:
Thanks EricJH, John Buchanan.

having this issue on win10

how to reproduce:
1: upgrade to anivesary update (still working)
2: go to settings > update & security> refresh this pc > delete my files
3: install CIS, get the error in this phase if windows smart screen is not working for some reason or internet if off

Do you mean you get the error that the drivers are not signed?

https://s32.postimg.org/yp85w5xud/comodo10_2.png

My question was for kinimitor. I should have been more clear it was meant for him.

Yes Sorry but I think this error showed in the screen is the issue same for all. Is an issue with Firewall drivers.

That’s what I was trying to establish because Kinemitor did not specifically say it was this problem.

Hi all, the only workaround comodo signature issue is DISABLE “SECURE BOOT” in UEFI BIOS or DELETE PKS VALUES from SECURE BOOT :cry: .

Then it will work fine and keep the settings until COMODO FIREWALL app is updated