Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.

Really these results are for mixed Windows and Linux oses, so I recalculate the info:

Tell me which AV you think is the best?

I will send you malware samples & bet the best AV will not detect a single malware.

Buddy, you should not take tests so seriously. Every test will give you different results. Its just which AV got lucky with the malware samples. No AV can detect all malware.

Kail has already mentioned the purpose of this topic.

This is not the place to discuss detection rates, or which AV’s anyone prefers. This is not the place for any discussion whatsoever!

Since Kail’s message was apparently unreceived, I’ll state it again…

This thread is for users to give Comodo feedback on why they uninstalled CIS. Any questions/comments regarding this feedback is inappropriate and off-topic. Users are taking the time to give valuable feedback, and if each one is grilled for specifics on why they wrote what they did, nobody will be very inclined to give this feedback.

Please discontinue the off-topic posts! :P0l

On some machines with windows 7 cis slowdown add and remove programs list , also slowdown
some control panel things also some programs like vidshot very slow startup… i must say when full scanning of comodo antivirus is on things on a quad core are very slow also firefox browsing
from experiments all these problems is from antivirus when antivirus is off no problem detected

I am a paid registered user. I initially uninstalled due to the fact that I learned that two AV products back (Microsoft Security Essentials) did not apparently uninstall correctly. I had to uninstall CIS in order to temporarily reinstall MSE so that I could then have MSE uninstalled yet again and then finally reinstalled CIS.

As of now, the problems from MSE continue (I am unable to get rid of a particular file that keeps updating by Microsoft).

More importantly, however, I am considering uninstalling yet again, but this time because of the problems that I am encountering with the GeekBuddy support process. I am extremely frustrated by the events of the past couple of days, but that is a story to be discussed “offline”.

I did follow the advise of the page that you provided, however it still leaves files behind. I also searched for assistance in other forums, but there seems to be no way to stop the evil MSE from leaving remnants of itself behind.

Hopefully your GeekBuddy system improved after today.

Very quick googling for “mse cleanup tool” shows a lot of results that looks a bit more useful (for example a OneCare removal tool that seems works for MSE)

Running XP Pro SP3 with Avast! antivirus and COMODO Firewall Free (or was).

Uninstalled because of glitchy behavior by COMODO firewall.

If it saw a file it did not recognize, system would hang/freeze for up to a minute until the dialog box would pop up and allow the user to make a decision.

Firewall was set to check an unknown file in the cloud; hanging was possibly due to a lagging connection to the COMODO server, or possibly it was timeout errors that would prolong the process.

Waiting for this process to complete got too tiresome, and led to a few force-shutdowns until we learned what was the real cause of the hanging behavior.

Proper exceptions were made for both Avast! and COMODO, but, in the end, no dice.

Well seeing as how this thread is polluted with off topic stuff, I don’t feel bad to post…

I haven’t actually uninstalled it, but may have to, due to https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/newtek-lightwave-and-comodo-still-not-friends-t88144.0.html

I do it with 5.12 - it have many bugs in Defence+ and AV section with same settings as I set in 5.10. >:-D Now I use 5.10. :-*

hahah cant even clen a virus in my pendrive i had a virus in my pendrive i try to clean it comodo did a great job by making all the folder non useable i never seen such a noob antivirus

i wast my money

geekbuddy format ur pen drive what a answer

Absolutely:

I already posted this in the wish list forum but I just took an extra step of actually terminating version 6 over this:

When you don’t have computer resources to be running updates and when an app wants to download an update, it gets blocked by Comodo. But instead of clicking one button to deal with it like in version 5, version 6 now asks us to choose if you want to block or terminate and block. That is an extra step some people do not need and is just as bad as extra steps Windows 8 asks us to do to accomplish the same task we could accomplish with one click on previous OS.

An option, just an option, should have been provided to set things up so we can simply and only block - not spend extra time having to choose between block and terminate and block.

Every second counts for superfast computing.

A number of posts ago i said i uninstalled Comodo Antivirus because it was so slow, well today its a new ball game… now its faster than a speeding bullet, it will ■■■■ you away, well close to it… :-TU

turnorburn

I try CIS v.6.0 and uninstall it after first full check of my PC . ОK, new UI is great headache >:-D , but why it cant finish first AV check, showing 99% and freeze. My opinion about 5.12 and 6.0 at my XP x86: “Лучшее враг хорошего”. Sorry, it in Russian - Im not know its equivalent in English. :-[

How long is this freeze? Do you have any other AV’s in your system? Did you install CIS 6 clean or from the upgrade? What system do you use? Ya toje ne znay kak eto skazat na English (I also don’t know how to say this in English) :slight_smile:

How long is this freeze? Do you have any other AV's in your system? Did you install CIS 6 clean or from the upgrade? What system do you use?
System: XP Professional SP3 x86. Clear installation. Freeze at tiny text file ??? for about an hour (after this time i shut CIS and uninstall it).

I see. Can you send me the text file? Report that anyway. But what about using Comodo Firewall for now and some other AV?

I uninstalled version 6 after 2 weeks. It has some very nice aspects added. The antivirus is not a resource hook anymore, it has some usefull settings.

But all other aspects are showing what a nice product version 5.10 has been. Together with avast (just data system protection) as an antivirus its very close to what i would call “perfect enough”.

I want to see traffic and the amount! (a widget is not an option, its an annoyance for the eyes),
i want to have the comodo interface, i want it black,
i want to scan files and when it says “No virus” i want to be sure that it got scanned !,
i want to see how many files are scanned, and which,
i want to have a product update when the specified time has come - i DONT want a product update that is set to 30 days but it happens every reboot, WITH a pop up telling me, no update available,
the interface should allways appear right after clicking,
the game mode button lets me think about all the people who will use it, rendering their computer into a default allow,
after each antivirus update, the cache gets cleaned and recreated,
cmdagent is phoning without reason,
etc

I am afraid that comodo will be one of the past nice programs, which continues with nice features but a bad appearance.
The features would have made it new and awesome. Features speak for themselves. I dont get it why this new interface was created.

I am totally agree with. I am back to v5 too, cause some reasons what u said^^

and other reason for me is this:

... The Behavior Blocker intercepts all files before they are loaded into memory and intercepts prefetching/caching attempts for those files. It calculates the hash of the executable at the point it attempts to load into the memory. It then compares this hash with the list of known / recognized applications that are on the Comodo safe list. If the hash matches the one on record for the executable, then the application is safe and the Behavior Blocker allows it to run. If no matching hash is found on the safelist, then the executable is 'unrecognized' and is run inside the auto-sandbox. You will be notified via an alert when this happens.

see: Behaviour Blocker, Network Access, Internet Protection | Internet Security v6.3

Why Comodo calls it Behavior Blocker if it is only a autosandbox that checks hashes?

it does not check behavior like Mamutu from Emsisoft or others. Why Comodo want “drive with the hype”? I think that is not the right way. I think the Old Concept Hips+Autosandbox and calling it like it is, was the better and true way. Now its like “misinformation”. Cause some new users will think now Comodo have an BB and dont know that is is only a autosandbox that checks hashes. CALL IT WITH THE NAME WHAT IT TRULY IS!

and in the end, V6 was till now only a “half-finished” version. Its still beta for me.

I think in future it would be better if Comodo will not drive with every hype and sometimes its better to NOT make all users happy!

Can you send me full CIS source code? :wink: May be I can build normal version for 5.12 and 6.0… :stuck_out_tongue: