When CIS 5 will be released?

Should be RC2 today then.

Hope so…

Sorry this has not been mention, please note the date of 1 September is the scheduled date has not been confirmed, and could be delayed.

Dennis

I am sure nobody takes this thread seriously. :THNK

ignore the peeps who asking when this gonna be released, when that gonna be released…
software programming is not easy ya know…and you really don’t want bugged software to be released rite?

i hope comodo doesn’t rush the release… squash those important bugs first before releasing the final version…

thanks

this thread was not creating for asking and nagging developers or mods when CIS 5 would be released. It was created to have some guesses from the community. If mods bring here some hot news, regarding the release i think all be very grateful for it

all i can say is… RC is perfect!!!

If you filter out the incorrectly identified ‘bugs’ and other misunderstandings,etc. in point of fact true bugs are fairly sparse with the RC.

That said,I’d much rather they waited before pushing out the final release,to ensure quality.On the other hand Egemen made a valid point that the security enhancements in v5 outweigh the need to fine tune,so I’m just hoping for a reasonably stable RTM :-\

yea i know what you mean. but just for the sake of comodos rep i think should atleast have one more RC release. comodo is known to release products to fast then be really bugy. whats another 2 weeks just to work out some more bugs

There are not enough people running CIS5 on real machines to find every little bug. There are bound to be things which only surface after a wider range of systems are running it.

A phased release is the way to go, on the forum first, then after good reports from forum members, on the main Comodo site. Finally by update notifications but only when their is a wide experience of different real life situations.

The updates to 4 were only notified to existing users of 3 long after it was released.

What we all need to understand is that Software Development is a tricky process. All Software will have bugs release after release… off course including CIS.

My point is - Comodo can release CIS 5 on Sept 1 which is the aimed release date, or wait 4 months. It would NOT matter. There will still be bugs, and to take in consideration BETA testing is a very small minority of users.

If we were to wait so long for a beta process to finish, We would still be on Comodo Personal Firewall 2.0 and there would NEVER be a CIS 5 Release. :slight_smile: Rest assured all important bugs are handled and developers and QA have been EXTREMELY interactive with users and moderators reporting bugs in CIS 5 development process.

I’m personally looking forward to this final release, all the innovations are almost done, and for now on CIS team can focus on bug fixes and improvements. Look out for the releases this year when this goes final. :wink:

Josh

Take all the time yall need. Fans of Comodo will have to be patient. Oh yea :ilovecomodo:

Agree. RCs can be released in the forum or main site for non-registered forum member to download too.

+10000, comodo can’t do better than micrsft without never SP.

the RC is quite good for d+ and FW.
i hope just they continue to listen community on forums; and when a virus or spyware is out on the web, comodo is so many reactive that others free or cost antivirus.

the RC is quite good for d+ and FW. [b]i hope just they continue to listen community on forums[/b]; and when a virus or spyware is out on the web, comodo is so many reactive that others free or cost antivirus.

I agree. I can wait and have great security program than with bugs :wink:

If you want to wait for no bugs you will have to wait forever and CIS 5 will never be released. It’s impossible to have no bugs in any software as we all know. CIS 5 needs a greater audience to uncover any major bugs that lurk unseen and have not been caught by the limited number of beta users. Believe me, if Comodo delay the final release 2 weeks or 2 months or even 2 years there will still be some unknown bugs to eliminate. I feel that the next release of CIS 5 will be strong enough and stable enough to hit the wider user community and it’s then up to individuals to make their own choice to use the product or hold fire and wait for feedback before taking the plunge. Users can make these decisions themselves and it doesn’t require Comodo to release an infinite number of RC. If you think that the release is premature then don’t use it on a live system until you are confident it’s safe to do so. Easy really!

i agree with you, and the improvements in comodo 5 needs to be available to all users not only beta testers, even Microsoft launch windows and its programs full of bugs to fix it (years) later with SP and numerous patchs, ask for a release of comodo free of bugs make no sense in the real world.

I wanna see more of this in regards to cis5

What are you talking about?

After the open beta Microsoft released the best Windows ever (Windows 7) that worked like a charm. Probably before they had no betas or it was limited but with windows 7 beta was managed perfect and RTM was bug free and if you want to say different you’re blind

Me too. I have been involved in reviewing the usability of CIS since version 3, and I can definitely say that many suggestions/wishes from forum members have been incorporated or addressed in CIS 5. Although, I also think that many good ideas have remained unused.

Their product has improved a lot, mainly from Comodo’s hard work, but the users also deserve some credit for beta testing, providing malware samples, filing bug reports, suggesting improvements, etc.

I am sure the partnership between Comodo and its forum members will continue to produce stellar products. CIS 5 is just one step on the journey.