When CIS 5 will be released?

You are whining and insulting (John is not spamming). When it’s ready is commonly used at the Opera forums for years for answering that same question.

We don’t know when it will come. Believe me that we will tell when Melih of egemen tells us in the mods board.

guys, even I don’t have an exact date as Software development is a tricky process with many unknowns.

We all have a guestimate…but people confuse guestimate with a solid date. So we avoid giving guestimates.

Of course we can always have our guestimate date then add 3 months on top to be sure…but we choose not to do that either…

all i can say is guys are working on it…CIS 5 is a killer Internet Security product!!!

Melih

Thank you very much for this post! I know that making a good software is a time-demanding process. i was on contrary really afraid that COMODO rushes with CIS 5 release. I am impatient to get the final but i want COMODO be the best, that’s why i want it be polished and bug free at maximum before the final release.

OK. so my new guess. I think RC 2 will be released next Monday. If nobody has any other ideas we’ll wait till next week and see :slight_smile:

RC2: tomorrow, final: 22.9.2010 :smiley:

Thank You for your honest answer!

In short

In short: when it is ready.

When Melih or Egemen spills the beans over a possible release date, usually in the realms of days to a week, for a alpha, beta, RC or final with us mods we will share that with the forums. You have been around long enough to have witnessed that.

Isnt this thread for bets?

I’d love to, but i don’t think RC 2 will be released so close to the weekend. So my bet is still on monday :wink:

Egemen just told is that the final release of v5 is scheduled for 1 September .

2010? :wink: :smiley:

Better late as long as no or very, very little bug.

Thank you very much for updating us!

So it means no RC 2 :-\

i personally think that comodo should wait. they are rushing this release. they at least should do one more RC and see how that goes. there were still tons of bugs on the latest release.

Naaah, 2015. That way they will be sure there will be no bugs in v5…:smiley:

I agree with you. I personally was very happy when I had heard about RC 2 before the final release. I am waiting for the final but it’s better to wait for a little more than get in your hands a polished program.

If i recall correct each first build of each new version was virtually unusable because of tons of bugs, in spite of beta and required a fast updated release. Let’s hope that this time it’ll be different and i will not need to skip this first final release of CIS 5.0 as I did with CIS 4.0

RC2 is a must

What tons of bugs are you referring to? Did you try CIS 4.0 first release? I do recall a couple of people blowing stuff out of proportion.

there are 13 pages of bug reports and this release has only been out for about 2 weeks or less

I must confess that i never tried CIS 4.0 myself. I only had read some opinions that the Sandbox was buggy and there were some other bugs

in the 4.0 release the sandbox was very new and was hard to use. in the 4.1 release added a sandbox button to the defense + alerts. i think comodo is finally implamenting the sandbox how it should have been in the first place in v5. cant wait to see what they will have in store for later releases after v5