What i've noticed with Comodo...

I do get Melih’s point about changes and all that jazz…but it does seem like you could put that fix in along with all the others to get “checked”.

If it wasn’t pointed out, nobody else would notice it. Then v4 would be released with the new GUI and this one would be forgotten. The new GUI would then be picked apart for display errors as it is new.

@Xman
I’ve complained over detection before and i’m still one of those who are pushing CIMA Heur and many other things.
FP fixing response is awfully slow and adding new samples even worse (it seems like no one is even monitoring submission mail 88) ). Overall detection by AV engine is rather ■■■■■■ even though some want to believe otherwise. But at that point i can’t really recommend anything else. Do you know exactly how their AV engine works and what to recommend? I know it only from my own testing and it appears to have problems with polymorphic file infectors and that current heuristics are worthless ■■■■.
I pointed that out and i was banned for that at first. So much for “constructivity”.
So next spot were GUI bugs. They are bugs aren’t they? Since no one complained over them so far it’s kinda logical to report them. But since no one seem to care, i was pushing to fix them. And still no one cared.
It’s hard to help by reporting anything if all you ever get is “this is minor, well fix it someday”. I’m just not used to that by any company i’ve worked for so far, where even few pixels were ALWAYS (yes, without exception) fixed during minor program updates. Except Comodo. 88)

I guess the problem is most COMODO programs are half-finished. CFP 2.4 is a awesome firewall and Win 2000 compatible, but COMODO discontinued it so far, with bugs, and many users has only two options: upgrade OS or look for another firewall company.

Since 3.9 is the last version from 3 series, lets do it the most perfect end as we can, I guess.

Well, they won’t because v4.0 is scheduled for who knows when. But if they’ll keep on having such attitude to bug reports and bug fixing, all the bugs in that v4.0 will also never get fixed because v5.0 will be scheduled again… And when v5.0 will be out, there will be v6.0… Either you fix them or you don’t. But each time they don’t, i’m wondering what’s wrong with the team behind the program. 88)

Agree.

Iam with RejZor on this matter… Not about the Pixel bug .(something that I think we can stand…)

What worse are those major bugs that makes some users unable to use CIS at all.
They need Fixing probably faster than to wait for major new release.

The following fix in 3.9 for instance:

FIXED! CIS blocks some application from being executed

Something that I think might have scared some CIS users away unfortunately, (If I couldn’t start programs then I would have a hard time using CIS no matter how great it is)…

Would anyone use CIS if they can’t execute “some” programs… =S

I really hope when a major bug like that that can make CIS unusable for some/many then its a must fix… =)

And probably better sooner than later! x) As for this pixelbug its a no need to rush and fix IMO.

You won’t get banned for being constructive. To be honest I don’t know exactly what happened in your case, because I wasn’t online much by then, but anyway, constructivity is of course welcome!

!ot!

Well thats good to hear but i’d also like that you also do something with constructivity.
If i’m talking to myself only i may just as well say nothing and the end effect will be identical.

RejZoR

FYI: Bug reporting is done in a following way:

You report a bug.

But you seem to create big issue about every bug you report and follow it by “no one cares” statement in the very same thread that you report the bug in.

You reported bug, we acknowledged it and we will fix it accordingly.

We welcome you reporting bugs, but pls have some understanding that some bugs are more important than the others and take time. You have to appreciate we have priorities and respect them. If you do not respect us we won’t respect you!

Melih

I’m making a big deal because no one cares. Plain and simple. If you’d care, you’d fix those few idiotic pixels already. It seems like only your company requires insane amounts of time to fix things others require minimal time and they don’t complain the bugs are minor and that i’m freakin complaining all the time.

Its not very respectful to claim that no one cares while the ceo of the company is taking the time and explaning to you in person for the cosmetic changes (that not many people have noticed) that you require and how our system works. You are choosing to ignore what I am saying to you, thats your option, but you can’t say we don’t care!

Melih

Eh, whatever. The same story is always. I’m again wasting my energy for nothing.

You are such a narcissist RejZoR. To my understanding, my bugs only count; since no one has yet replied to my bugs consequently no one cares. Do you know how many people are submitting bug reports within this forum alone? I guess not and I would be very surprised you would know.

Also, if you think that CIS generic as well as its heuristic detection are ■■■■ why are you here, in Comodo forums. Get the ■■■■ out there them. And go grace yourself in other forums that care about your bugs and only your bugs. You stated at Wilders that you gave up on Comodo forums and yet you keep coming back. Why don’t you make good on your words; are you addicted to Comodo forums? Bug-off.

Peace.

I see Melih’s point. A corner of a graphic in a GUI has a small defect (and you need to magnify the display quite a bit to even notice). Ok, the corner is not perfect. My car has some scratches, but it runs great and gets me where I need to go. Pulling people off “the line” upsets timetables, as such changes affect everyone. My job involves a giant rebuilding project. Any delay throws off the timetable. I had an unexpected, simple, delay two days ago that will delay everything about a month. I am sure Melih is trying to please everyone, but he has to keep his eye on the prize.

Perfectly said.

Peace.

But there are some “major” bugs that are reported, and never seem to get fixed. Just read some bug reports…although I do think most of the problems are “incompatibilities” with other programs.

I made my point but some seem to have problem understanding it. Nuff said.

Ease up, guys.

Maybe Rejzor keeps coming back because he can see the potential in the product and he wants to see it become the best it can.

I’m not sure that one pixel is going to make that much of an operational difference though. OTH, I can see his point about attention to detail.

Too all concerned:

All bug reports are not criticisms.

All criticisms are not bug reports.

Ewen :slight_smile: